Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 3:05:26 PM EDT
Were you working yesterday?  Notice a lot more calls to handle loonies than usual?

There was an article in my paper today about a nut who was walking around a neighborhood, wearing one shoe, yelling how he was going to kill cats. He managed to set a house on fire before someone called the cops and they arrested him.

Anyway, the article ends with the arresting cop saying afterwards he checked the calendar and sure enough: full moon.  Have you noticed more lunatics during a full lunar phase?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Our last cheif did an "informal study" and found that our department had a 12% increase in "psych calls" on the day before, during, and the day after a full moon. I personally haven't noticed a differance but that might be because anyone that would live in this town is probably crazy anyway.

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Neve been a LEO or even play one on TV but I did work at the county hospital emergency room for several years.

Your right, number of cases do go up during full moon but also on Fridays (or Saturday), hot humid weather and during late night hours between 11:00PM and about 3:00AM.  

Cases would go down when the weather got cold or if it rained.

Worst possible period would be Friday night 1:00AM in mid summer with full moon and no rain.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Please check post brought btt from 5/31......i rest my case!.......[frag]...[rocket]...[shotgun]...[grenade]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never noticed the moon having an affect. Although the 1st and 15th (government checks) of every month was never looked forward to.
View Quote

Oh yeah when they get their "crazy checks" they go nuts!

The full moon on a hot humid weekend is a sure recipe for a busy weekend for cops!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]
yes..I think it may have partially to do with the fact that the nuts can see better with the full moon out..they are too afraid of the dark otherwise..I have found that calls in general go up when the moon is full...[x]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I got in a car pursuit last night but luckily the spike strips worked on 3 of his tires and we got him custody and no one was hurt.  He refused to get out of the car so we had to open the door and help him out.  When we did that we saw he was totally nude.  I don't know why but he had no clothes on during the entire pursuit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
have a little brother and an ex-gf both EMTs, this is something they both talk about, I thougt it might be some 'inside' kind of emt joke weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top