Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 3:36:56 AM EDT
This is in my local paper...

HUGE WAREHOUSE FLOOD SALE OF GUN SAFES & TREESTANDS. All items 40% to 50% off retail. Only slight damage with full product warranties. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a 30’x60”x24” - 32 gun capacity safe with a 45 minute fireproof rating for just $550.
The floods from Ivan hit a warehouse and they are having a flood damage sale. Is this decent? Is there anything about safes that I should know about that would make any flood-damaged safe worthless? Right now I have a locked room with a gun locker inside but would like to have a safe.

What brand names should I look for in a safe where this amount of $ would be a good deal?

This offer only runs through Sunday, so I need to make a decision quick!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If its an electronic lock, I wouldnt touch it. Look for a non electronic lock variety and give'r hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It all depends if the electronic lock got wet. For that to have happened, the water must have gotten DEEP.

Also, the interior covering (velour, carpet, whatever) really needs to be replaced, but you might be able to do that yourself. It's not like you're doing a sofa.

Also, if the warranty is good, then have at it! JUST GET IT IN WRITING!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Most gun safes get their fire ratings from the linings that are made with 5/8th inch thick fireproof sheetrock, just like what is used to drywall a house. I've seen flood damaged gypsum before but not a flood damaged gunsafe. Be carefull and check out the lining before buying. If the sheetrock is damaged, I'd pass on it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
pale_pony

What was the extent of the damage on the gyspum you saw?  Does the stuff disintegrate or just look bad?

What are some good brand names that I should look for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top