Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 1:17:17 AM EDT
I'm almost certain there is one of you out there who plays L2 (Lineage II). I started it nearly 3 weeks ago and the result:

I stopped coming to ARFCOM almost completely. I know I havent been here in at least a week (when I was usually here everyday).

Adena is now more important to me than real money. I try to make at least 50-100k a day. And spend that much. -Why cant I make the same goal in real life? Nothing to kill that drops cash I guess.

Accesorizing my Elf scout with the best weapons & armor while trying periliously to lvl myself & my pet wolf is more important than rebuilding my AR15 (this is after the sunset, jeez... I am WAY behind!). And I'm thinking of buying a dragon off a friend for 10k... jeez, I can barely afford the freakin wolf!

I've gotten shout out loud angry for the first time in years because I got killed by skeleton mobs & lost my boots & ring. For those who dont know... you have no idea how difficult it is to lvl up and get enough adena to buy good stuff. Think of it as... a 2k (real money) AR15 that will smash into a million pieces if dropped on the ground. -Thats how easy you loose shit you worked hard for in this game

Oh, yeah, I've neglected to do my homework for a few days and lagged behind (still playing catchup right now).

So... anyone else playing L2? Hate & love it as much?
If nobody knows what I'm talking about, then I need help now!!!

...on a lighter note, its a good thing I dont have a girlfriend, she would have left me by now. And yes, while I play I wont be getting one either.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a couple of younger guys (18-19) at work that give me cash to buy them adena or whatever for them with my credit card because they don't have one .

I tried the game once on one of their accounts, didn't like it.  I did play UO for 2 or 3 years way back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You have an addictive personality. If it wasnt for the game, you would probably be hooked on smack.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Did any of you see the paper that the berkely professor did on the economy of Everquest?  He started doing research into people selling their high level characters on ebay for real cash, did some equations and came to the conclusion that the 'virtual economy' of everquest was worth, in reality, more than some small countries GDP?  

That is some FREAKY shit right there, folks.  Our video games are worth more than your stinkin country...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
gaspain, you may be right, when I think about it.

But in my own defense, I've never used narcotics of any kind and never will. Its one of those few things I can take pride in about myself.

But yeah... I am addicted to this game. There are more things I hate about it than I like, but I keep playing. Stupid me.

Gunbert, I read about some guy selling his L2 account for $6000. But when you think about the time invested... you could have made probably $100000 in real money doing something " for real" with the time invested.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I never even heard of it.

I played EQ and AO for abit back in 2001-2002
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I never got into EQ or any game like that , The closes I came to it is the Game I still play Mechwarrior 4 Mercs  that game is fun IMHO .

You can play off line or you can play online(don't have to pay to play online)

offical siteMechwarrior4 mercs

Mechwarrior games
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:21:44 AM EDT
[#7]
It's been Battlefield Vietnam for me. I just can't help fraggin' those little bastards. And I still get to look at/play with an M16 so guns are still on my mind!!! I downloaded the Point of Existence mod which brings the weapons up to date with todays weapons like an XM8 and some cool sniper rifles. One is a long barreled AR15 or M16 variant. My friend plays Lineage 2 and he hasn't talked to his wife in like a week. I usually don't get into the online games too much I find that the cheaters just take the fun out of it for those of us that can't spend 12 to 15 hours a day playing online like them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Fable for me. I went playing fable for 53 hours total game time since last week. I've essentially ignored everyone for the past 7 days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:44:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather bang the wife and play with guns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like it's as bad as EverCrack. I've known a couple folk who just about starved themselves to death playing it. They did NOTHING else but sit in front of that damn computer screen. I expected one of them to ask me to buy him a porta-john and set it up in front of the computer so he'd never have to get up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Geek  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a real addiction to Serious Sam and Serious Sam 2 for a while.  I wish I had those dozens of hours back...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]
World of Warcraft is the shit. I am in the beta for it and I can tell ya that if you like MMORPG's that this will be the game for you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
World of Warcraft is the shit. I am in the beta for it and I can tell ya that if you like MMORPG's that this will be the game for you.

I've seen the previews. Will it be more enjoyable than L2? More player friendly and fun and enjoyable without tying your life to it? No weapon losses, xp grinding, AFFORDABLE striders? (I.E. you dont have to play 50hours a week just to lvl & maintain a dragon?). It looks really good to me, I just hope they dont continue the same pitfalls as L2 has.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Come "HALO 2", life will never be the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top