Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 8:42:28 PM EDT
Supposedly one has been shot in Texas.  I have an article with pictures, but I don't know how to hotlink it here.  

woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=EBC8FC7B-ED5D-46A5-8DA4-3C6F6C31975E
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Salud Sangri Chupacabra

http://www.mysteries-megasite.com/main/bigsearch/chupa-1.html

150 links....lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
mm..mexican goat sucker
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
mm..mexican goat sucker

No talking about the r.o.p. folks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone loves a conspiracy.  To use as a general rule of thumb, the world isn't that interesting and you aren't that important.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]

mm..mexican goat sucker

The mexican goat sucker is just coming up to the U.S. to suck goats that American goat suckers are too lazy to suck.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Drop the chalupa
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this is the Chupacabra:
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You know if there was such a thing, wouldn't it be hilarious if Jeff Corwin messed with it on his show?  He always gets bitten or something.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF is a chucacamabra and can I wrestle it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A horse chimichanga
no
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I dunno what is is, but treat it like a zombie, wrap yourself head to toe in ductape before dealing with it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
the close up of the face looks faked
the one pic looks like a kangaroo curled up in the fetal position
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks likw a Thylacine (AKA Tasmanian Tiger /wolf ) The last one went extinct in 1936 and it is a predatory marsupial.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The chupacabra is a "mythical" creature like a Yeti, Sasquatch ( bigfoot ) or Nessie ( the Loch Ness Monster ) that is common to a large portion of Latin American and the Soutwestern United States.  It is also known in Cuba and the US and British Virgin Isles and other Island locales in proximity to the Americas  It's essentially a vampiric demon or spirit "animal" that sucks blood from farm animals especially goats and chickens.  Chupa is from the Spanish verb "Chupar" which means to suck on or absorb. ( Oh man, is the gang gonna have fun with this ) "Cabra" is the word for goat., hence Chupacabra or "GoatSucker".....as amusing as we find it, it gets the goats all in a bind.  One can hardly blame them.

You may be able to wrestle one but I suggest having some vaccinations first.

The critter in the article is a sad creature indeed and I hope they can find and shoot the other one.  They appear to be coyote/dog mixes with SEVERE congential defects, as the article states.  Poor things .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:02:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Alrightee then, who's going to post the "What round for a chupacabra" thread?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It is a menu item at a Mexican restaurant ..
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a menu item at a Mexican restaurant ..

And it wrestles you from the inside.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good god I hope that's a photoshop.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I keep one in the closet to scare my daughter's friends.  It's great fun.  Hilarity ensues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ytmnd.cdn.lntc.net/data/30667/image.jpg

Need a answer! its the eyes that got me thinking
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#23]
its the new Taco Bell wrap- just anothe combination of their same 6 ingriedients
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#24]
The pictures in the link look like a mangy coyote.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#26]
They are just the result of all the inbreeding that goes on there.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the second one shot down there in two months

www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=E69839B5-5E04-45C5-9027-5CB484EBA2F4

Either someone is playing a joke, we have some mutated dogs down here, or some previously undiscovered species have made their way up from South American jungles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Not afraid, Yet?

[yoda] You will be................you will be.[/yoda]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#29]
It looks a lot like a Coatimundi stricken with mange.  The ears aren't quite right, though.  Neither is the length of the tail.  Coatis do have long teeth and claws to match, however.

Incidentally, I doubt it tastes like chicken.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
They are just the result of all the inbreeding that goes on there.

SGatr15

I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I shot one as far North as Wyoming... Sadly, my canoe tipped over and I lost it's carcass.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Wasn't chupacabra a member of these boards at one time?  Or was that the old ar15-L?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#34]
News    
 www.dailysentinel.com/news/newsfd/auto/feed/news/2004/10/14/1097731238.18121.6413.4528.html

10/14 Creature continues to amaze scientists, community
By LYNN WINTHROP, Cox East Texas
A story in Tuesday's The Lufkin Daily News about Pollok's "mystery beast" generated quite a few comments from readers. The odd-looking animal still hasn't been identified, but several East Texans said they'd had experiences with the "strange critter" before.

"About three weeks ago, I was in my back yard and saw a strange critter come up in the pasture behind my house in Apple Springs," Jason Black wrote in an e-mail. "It was the size of a small dog - not as big as a coyote - and had the blueish gray skin color mentioned (in the article) and a strip of coarse hair down the top of it's back. It didn't appear to have any hair on the rest of its body and it had a long, whip-like tail."

Black said his house is located near the end of a dead-end road in rural Trinity County. The animal was walking along a fence line bordering a large pasture when it was spotted. Black said he managed to get within five yards of the animal by using a large oak tree as cover, close enough to see that it was "very lean and straggly-looking." He wasn't able to get a good look at the animal's teeth.

"I don't know what it was but I've never seen anything like it before," Black said. "I'd say it was maybe 18-inches tall at the head, 15 pounds or so, and very ugly!"

Black said his first impression was that the animal looked like a "poor-looking blue heeler and coyote mix," or that it "almost looked like a miniature hyena!" The animal darted into a nearby wooded area after it spotted him, Black said.

"Whatever it was, it was the weirdest looking creature I've ever seen, and it sounds familiar to what this article describes," Black said.

Another reader sent an e-mail saying he'd recently spotted a similar "mystery beast" while driving to work one morning near Pineland, in Sabine County.

"I had just signaled to turn off U.S. Highway 103 to U.S. Highway 96," the reader wrote. "The animal crossed the road ahead of me. My first reaction was that this was a greyish/blue, mangy coyote. There was some signs of hair on his head."

The reader said he felt sorry for the animal that "loped across the road with its tail tucked between it's legs." He described it as a "mess," and reckoned that it was probably near death. The reader said reading Tuesday's article made him feel uneasy.

"The area, US 103 and US 96, has abundant wildlife, you see a lot of different animals," he said. "This one stood out. This animal may be more well established than we know."

Another reader said she spotted a similar "beast" two years ago, while she and a friend were riding horses at a hunting lease in southern Angelina County.

"It just ran across the road in front of us and never stopped or looked at us," she wrote in an e-mail. "Everyone thought we were insane! It will be interesting to find out how many people have seen these things."

The friend happened to be Laura Dubose, who works in retail advertising for The Lufkin Daily News. Dubose remembered the incident well, and said her friend had placed an excited cell phone call after seeing the photo in Tuesday's newspaper.

"When we saw that picture, we knew what it was," Dubose said. "I just knew that's what we had seen. She knew it too when she saw the picture. We were both shocked and surprised."

The photo validated the friend's brief encounter with the animal, according to Dubose, who said their husbands "had a good laugh and called us silly women" when they returned to the hunting camp and told them about the experience.

Martha Sutton also contacted The Lufkin Daily News to point out that the "mystery beast" depicted in the photo resembles a breed of dog known as the Ibizan hound. Sutton, who described herself as a "dog-fancier" with 25 years of dog breeding and show experience, said the breed is an ancient one that's only been recognized in North America within the past 20 years.

"It just seemed to me that when I saw the critter, it did resemble that breed," Sutton said. "The profile looks so similar to me."

Sutton provided a link to the American Kennel Club Web site's description of the Ibizan hound. The dog depicted on the AKC Web site is quite lean and exotic looking - almost Egyptian-like - and its overall appearance does resemble the animal found in Pollok. The exceptions are that the Pollok animal's severe overbite, shortened front legs, coloring and weight don't match the Ibizan hound.

Given the breed's characteristics, Sutton said the dogs could appear undernourished even if they were quite healthy. Variances in breeding over time and other eccentricities could also help explain the noticeable differences in the animals, she said.

"People tend to forget that many people think dogs basically evolved from coyotes and dingoes," Sutton said. "So there will be some similarities."

Other example of sighthounds people may be more familiar with would be Afghan hounds, Salukis, and Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound), according to Sutton.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#35]
big game wrote:

"The mexican goat sucker is just coming up to the U.S. to suck goats that American goat suckers are too lazy to suck."

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#36]
We had one that worked here for many years. He recently retired and moved back to Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

mm..mexican goat sucker

The mexican goat sucker is just coming up to the U.S. to suck goats that American goat suckers are too lazy to suck.

Not true, the Mexican Goat sucker works cheaper than the American Goat Sucker. That and you don't have to pay em benefits and Social Security.  Our boarders are open, we welcome our neighbors from the south.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Just curious, did anyone lose a shipment of radioactive waste up thataway?
Any testing we should know about?

Man, that was ugly.
(I mean the dog thingy)
Larry
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Refined guess:  There are many exotic pet owners in Texas.  Someone let SOMETHING escape and it crossbred with wild dogs / foxes / etc.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#40]
It's a dog.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I just hope it doesnt eat goatboy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Full face transplants coming up. Dude, stand in line now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#43]
The border jumpers believe it.

At the local "honor farm" they tell the illegals that there are Chupacapra in the fields at night.  It helps prevent escapes. These are the same guys that believe eating a skunk will cure acne.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top