Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:52:22 PM EDT
about Cheney's daughter in wednesday's debate??

www.cnn.com  they have a poll
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
SCHIEFFER: Mr. President, let's get back to economic issues. But let's shift to some other questions here.

Both of you are opposed to gay marriage. But to understand how you have come to that conclusion, I want to ask you a more basic question. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?

SCHIEFFER: Senator Kerry?

KERRY: We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as.

I think if you talk to anybody, it's not choice. I've met people who struggled with this for years, people who were in a marriage because they were living a sort of convention, and they struggled with it.

And I've met wives who are supportive of their husbands or vice versa when they finally sort of broke out and allowed themselves to live who they were, who they felt God had made them.

I think we have to respect that.

The president and I share the belief that marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe that. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.

But I also believe that because we are the United States of America, we're a country with a great, unbelievable Constitution, with rights that we afford people, that you can't discriminate in the workplace. You can't discriminate in the rights that you afford people.

You can't disallow someone the right to visit their partner in a hospital. You have to allow people to transfer property, which is why I'm for partnership rights and so forth.

Now, with respect to DOMA and the marriage laws, the states have always been able to manage those laws. And they're proving today, every state, that they can manage them adequately.

www.debates.org/pages/trans2004d.html
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
He needlessly brought up the fact Dick Cheney's daughter is a homosexual.  Kerry was attempting to turn off Bush's base from him by reminding Bush-supporters Cheney's daughter is a dyke.  Edwards did the same thing in his debate with Cheney in a very appropriate way, since the moderator brought up gay marriage.  Kerry bringing it up was gratuitous, obvious, and deliberate. And very very ugly.

Here is the supposedly enlightened, progressive, sophisticated and tolerant liberal attempting to gay-bait the rednecks in flyover country.  Kerry is a total scumbag.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What Kerry did is despicable but not nearly as despicable as what Edwards wife said. Today she said the Cheney’s were ashamed of their daughter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top