Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 2:34:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
dont know for sure but i think there is a militia group downstate... we need more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that Louisiana has a law against
"Organized Militias" being formed or training ?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see, hmmmmmm,

militia districts in California

ROTFLMAO!!!

I don't think so!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even California's Constitution starts out saying:

[b]CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1  DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1.  All people are by nature free and independent and have
inalienable rights.  Among these are enjoying and defending life and
liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing
and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.[/b]

Doesn't sound like these new gun laws in California should even hold up against it's own Constitution!
View Quote

The trouble is that commie state supreme courts can rule that just about any law is constitutional. Look at the commie CT supreme court. They ruled that the 1993 CT assault weapons ban was constitutional, even though our state constitution says this:

SEC. 15. Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.
View Quote

Their argument was that the ban wasn't telling us we couldn't bear arms, just what arms we're not allowed to bear. Commie slime balls!

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweep,

Well I'll be damned! I stand corrected! You learn something new every day. I just assumed (never assume)that there was some prohibition on forming a militia in CA.

Thanks for the info and the link. I did check it out, and noticed that some of the references used dates from the 1960's. I wonder if these are current?

The chances of being called up are pretty slim, but the governors' option is there. The S**T would have to REALLY be hitting the fan for it to happen.

I couldn't find any information on training or forming a militia BEFORE the need arises. That is probably prohibited (notice that I said probably).

Please prove me wrong.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting.
PRC laws acknowledge "unorganized" milita"
Well, and shit like that.
Get real.
Get a life.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top