Well, there you go, IANSA at work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, there you go, IANSA at work.

Beautiful isnt it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
That was a horror story, being an ex-pat Brit, it almost brought me to tears.

I recently talked to my aunt on the phone, and she  said just about all of my cousins have been mugged in the past year, one of them five times!
He got beaten to within an inch of his life the last time, and he now has severe anxiety issues which cost him both his job, and his fiancee.

I'm not setting foot in Britain while this madness is in effect.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I on some kind of reality-distorting drug?  This is un-fucking-real.  I've actually known how it is in the UK, but to read some of the things that the government has said in justification is amazing.

My favorite is the idea that society will protect you.  If all of society is disarmed and in danger of being prosecuted how and why in the hell would they "protect" you?  Then later came the 'do nothing' idea which makes the society-protect-you scenario even more ludicrous.

Calgon take me away!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That was a horror story, being an ex-pat Brit, it almost brought me to tears.

I recently talked to my aunt on the phone, and she  said just about all of my cousins have been mugged in the past year, one of them five times!
He got beaten to within an inch of his life the last time, and he now has severe anxiety issues which cost him both his job, and his fiancee.

I'm not setting foot in Britain while this madness is in effect.

Somehow, you must find a way to convince them all to move to the US.
It will be tough, but I know you can do it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Somehow, you must find a way to convince them all to move to the US.
It will be tough, but I know you can do it.

I suppose I could threaten them with a cucumber, that way they'd have to do as I said.
Resistance would be illegal.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I suppose I could threaten them with a cucumber...

You better not - a cucumber would be a deadly weapon if used on someone with diverticulitis.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You better not - a cucumber would be a deadly weapon if used on someone with diverticulitis.  hr

Ahh.. damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
How do we stop this?  I mean the middle-of-the-road people will continually say: "That won't happen here.", but what if it does?  We are considered gun nuts, conspiracy whackos, etc so our concerns are trivialized because we think every 10+ year old should have a machine gun during school prayer.  The liberals are frigging bed-wetters who are afraid at the mere sight of a gun and are convinced that if they keep their heads down and do what they are told by assailants nothing will happen to them - "my [insert_name_of_possession_here] isn't worth my or my children's lives".  This is fucked.  With the screaming for police to use tazers and pepper spray instead of firearms I fear we are headed that way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
disturbing shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top