Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 11:20:43 AM EDT
I think the US Marines (and their counterparts in teh other branches of service) may save Americas bacon from Kery in this election too.

A lady in my dept also tends bar evening.

A young marine, recently back from Iraq, came in her bar last nite and they struck up a conversation about politics and Iraq.

He said to her "Its so important that you vote, a nd that you vote for george bush."

"Why?" she asked.

He said "I'm just back from iraw, and the people over there are SOO thankful for me beign there. The media is NOT giving you the true picture, and G Bush is a great man."

It made a BIG impression on my co-worker. More than I EVER could have done.

I suspect our ace in the hole may be our armed forces men and women telling all their freinds and neigbors what is REALLY going on in Iraq. They LOVE this C in C, and NOTHING is more persuasive than a young man or  woman, put in harms way, who beleive in the mission, and trust their C in C.

God bless our soldiers,  and  God bless the USA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing and I agree with you. It will be interesting to see if the democraps try to stifle the military vote this year as they did in 2000.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea.

We just had our local Marine reserve unit get back from Iraq and in between all the horror stories they say the same thing… things are much better in Iraq than are being reported by the US press and they want Bush reelected.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Proof reading is ALWAYS a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You wasted a limited,  irreplaceable commodity (part of your life) to post that???
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]
There's an Annenberg poll due out today of the military....look for the Prez to be the overwhelming favorite of service men and women.  Hopefully, this will change a few of the "undecided" voters.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think the US Marines (and their counterparts in teh other branches of service) may save Americas bacon from Kery in this election too.

A lady in my dept also tends bar evening.

A young marine, recently back from Iraq, came in her bar last nite and they struck up a conversation about politics and Iraq.

He said to her "Its so important that you vote, a nd that you vote for george bush."

"Why?" she asked.

He said "I'm just back from iraw, and the people over there are SOO thankful for me beign there. The media is NOT giving you the true picture, and G Bush is a great man."

It made a BIG impression on my co-worker. More than I EVER could have done.

I suspect our ace in the hole may be our armed forces men and women telling all their freinds and neigbors what is REALLY going on in Iraq. They LOVE this C in C, and NOTHING is more persuasive than a young man or  woman, put in harms way, who beleive in the mission, and trust their C in C.

God bless our soldiers,  and  God bless the USA.

Uh, yeah.  Heard that what, about 10,000 times on the Internet now?  It's part of the Bush disinfo campaign I guess.  Then again, what else would a Marine say?  They have to remain loyal and this whole war thing has to make sense to them, otherwise, why would the lay their lives on the line?  Did she ask him about the WMDs by any chance?  

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, it's just that EVERY SINGLE letter or anectdote I hear has this same, familiar, bs ring to it and it does not jive with the reality of the situation--the freakin' Green Zone was attacked yesterday.  That is the most heavily fortified area in all of Iraq and the insurgents were able to get in and kill people.  Exactly what do you think the security situation in the rest of that country is for those people?

As a result of the "Great Man's" actions, about 13,000 Iraqis have died, I'm sure they're overwhelmed with gratitude to have lost so many close relatives.  Many of them were died fighting, but many were women and children, too.  

Bush is a Crusader, but by no stretch of the imagination is he a great man.  Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Army Times published its polls last week.

Overall among the US Army the pres is about 72-73% with 8-10% no comment and 5% undecieded.

Funny thing is, among both reserve componet and active, those that have been deployed since 9/11 have a HIGHER level of support.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh, yeah. Heard that what, about 10,000 times on the Internet now? It's part of the Bush disinfo campaign I guess. Then again, what else would a Marine say? They have to remain loyal and this whole war thing has to make sense to them, otherwise, why would the lay their lives on the line? Did she ask him about the WMDs by any chance?

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, it's just that EVERY SINGLE letter or anectdote I hear has this same, familiar, bs ring to it and it does not jive with the reality of the situation--the freakin' Green Zone was attacked yesterday. That is the most heavily fortified area in all of Iraq and the insurgents were able to get in and kill people. Exactly what do you think the security situation in the rest of that country is for those people?

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen heare.  AND THERE ARE A LOT OF STUPID THINGS POSTED HERE.

10,00 times ??? a little hyperbole there?  Obviously never been in the service,   So if it is even worse out in the boonies don't you think the press would be reporting that too? or are they part of the Bush disinformation campaign?  The press is concentrating on the few incidents because there is no negative story out in most of the country.  That's all the negative they can find.  Cripes pull yer head out of your ass.  Talk to the people coming back, because logical thought is not part of your make-up.  If the whole country is awash with hard fighting suicidal insurgents why aren't casualty lists miles long?  or are they hiding that too????
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uh, yeah.  Heard that what, about 10,000 times on the Internet now?  It's part of the Bush disinfo campaign I guess.  Then again, what else would a Marine say?  They have to remain loyal and this whole war thing has to make sense to them, otherwise, why would the lay their lives on the line?  Did she ask him about the WMDs by any chance?  

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, it's just that EVERY SINGLE letter or anectdote I hear has this same, familiar, bs ring to it and it does not jive with the reality of the situation--the freakin' Green Zone was attacked yesterday.  That is the most heavily fortified area in all of Iraq and the insurgents were able to get in and kill people.  Exactly what do you think the security situation in the rest of that country is for those people?

As a result of the "Great Man's" actions, about 13,000 Iraqis have died, I'm sure they're overwhelmed with gratitude to have lost so many close relatives.  Many of them were died fighting, but many were women and children, too.  

Bush is a Crusader, but by no stretch of the imagination is he a great man.  Sheesh!

Wow, where to start.  If you don’t believe what this Marine said, join up, go over there, and see for yourself.  I wish I could say that I’ve been there and seen it for myself.  Too bad I keep getting sent to A-stan instead of Iraq.  However, people I trust with my life have been to Iraq and say things similar to what the Marine in question said.  Didn’t a Brit post here recently with pics and stories of all the good things happening in their sector?

Here is a history lesson for you – Viet Nam Jan 1968 Tet Offensive.  The VC carefully plan, and then launch attacks all over the country.  They even hit the most secure US location in the country – our embassy.  All Tet ended up accomplishing was to bring those roaches out into the light.  Militarily we won Tet.  However, the US media portrayed it as a loss, “If we are winning how come they were able to take Hue, and our embassy?  We must be loosing!”  Too bad the US public bought the lie.

Reality lesson for you – happy stories do not sell papers/ get good ratings.  Telling stories of gloom and doom brings in readers/viewers.  Do you ever wonder why you hear almost nothing about A-stan?  It’s because we are kicking their butts big time.

But like I said, don’t believe me, Bush, Kerry, or the media.  Go see for yourself!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

go fuck yourself
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#12]
We need a poll:  who's packs more BS, TheLibertarian or Cyanide?

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We need a poll:  who's packs more BS, TheLibertarian or Cyanide?

Per post, it looks like the Libertarian wins.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Haven't been to Iraq have you? Since I was a Marine in Iraq, I feel that I should say something, so here it is. The majority of those killed in Iraq were killed fighting. Some were not, as is the case in every war. Iraq has become the placce for anyone in the Arab world to fight the Americans. Since they are fighting the American military there, they are not attacking the American people here. The Iraqis may ot all be grateful, and many have lost relatives. Many more lost relatives to the Baath regime that was in power before the Americans came. The Shiites in the south and Kurds in the north lost thousands to relatives, friends, and neighbors to Saddam, his Secret Police, and the Iraqi Army. I know this because I have seen the mass graves that some of them were buried in. I have seen people spend hours staring at skeletons trying to determine which on was their son.

Which brings us to the WMDs. The Iraqi govt uses WMDs against the Kurds and the Iranians before we ever thought about invading Iraq. They were found to have missles capable of delivering WMDs to Isreal, Kuwait, Tehran, and Saudi Arabia. At least one American Logistical Support Area(LSA Wrigley Field) was found to have traces of WMDs(mustard gas) contamiating the water.

You are here talking about the reality of the situation in Iraq, but you clearly don't have a very strong grasp of what that situation is. Perhaps you should consider for a moment that people who have been to Iraq may have a better idea about what is going on there than ou do.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]
It sucks when you have to re-read and stare at someone's post in order to figure out what some words are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It sucks when you have to re-read and stare at someone's post in order to figure out what some words are supposed to be.

Are you talking about my post?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are you talking about my post?

No. G-man and I are best friends. I'm busting his chops for not taking English and Grammar in college.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No YOU suck.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Army Times published its polls last week.

Overall among the US Army the pres is about 72-73% with 8-10% no comment and 5% undecieded.

Funny thing is, among both reserve componet and active, those that have been deployed since 9/11 have a HIGHER level of support.

Bush disinformation!!!  Lies!!!

er...right, thelibelarian?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And Washington DC is the murder and druggie capitol of the US - what's your point? . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:54:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm severly holding back because I don't want this thread locked due to a COC violation.  However I will say this.  I am a registered libertarian, and I may not agree with every step President George Bush has taken (Who the fuck does, unless you're a ball sucking yes man).  However I would never jump out and attack a man who has dealt with what this world has thrown to him, even on an internet bb.  All I can say is this.  From what I have seen the past four years, we have a man who has been compasionate, moral, steadfast in his will, and someone who will stand up for this country when we are attacked.  I would love to throw my vote in for Michael Badnarik (Libertarian presidential cannidate), but knowing our chances of getting him in are none, I will gladly throw my vote for George Bush to help secure this nation for another four years, and I will work at getting a Libertarian in 2008.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#23]
thelibertarian -

You sure  know how to marginalize the Libertarian Party, and make yerself look like a .... donkey.

(double entendre intended)

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Uh, yeah. Heard that what, about 10,000 times on the Internet now? It's part of the Bush disinfo campaign I guess. Then again, what else would a Marine say? They have to remain loyal and this whole war thing has to make sense to them, otherwise, why would the lay their lives on the line? Did she ask him about the WMDs by any chance?

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, it's just that EVERY SINGLE letter or anectdote I hear has this same, familiar, bs ring to it and it does not jive with the reality of the situation--the freakin' Green Zone was attacked yesterday. That is the most heavily fortified area in all of Iraq and the insurgents were able to get in and kill people. Exactly what do you think the security situation in the rest of that country is for those people?

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen heare.  AND THERE ARE A LOT OF STUPID THINGS POSTED HERE.

10,00 times ??? a little hyperbole there?  Obviously never been in the service,   So if it is even worse out in the boonies don't you think the press would be reporting that too? or are they part of the Bush disinformation campaign?  The press is concentrating on the few incidents because there is no negative story out in most of the country.  That's all the negative they can find.  Cripes pull yer head out of your ass.  Talk to the people coming back, because logical thought is not part of your make-up.  If the whole country is awash with hard fighting suicidal insurgents why aren't casualty lists miles long?  or are they hiding that too????

For your information, they have found chemical weaposn over there. They just haven't found the  main stores. They have found ties between Al quada and Iraq. You liberal media has hidden so much it's not even funny. If you don't know what your talking about, shut the fuck up. And no, I'm not naming the names of my sources. Military intelligence. Nuff said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top