Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 1:37:46 PM EDT
[url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=275.topic[/url]

Please do it for the children
[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It disheartens me to think that no one has yet taken advantage of this oportunity to make a difference......how sad [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a terrible price for a gun buyback program. Any of my pistols would bring only .80 to 1.20 and it ain't happenin. Do it for the children. You mean do it so you can have 80 cent guns that are legal for you. HA
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK !!![/b]
This is a legitimate cause, an attempt to save the lives of BILLIONS of children every day.[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate what you're doing here.  I volunteer to take care of those in the western US who can't make it to Florida to take advantage of this generous offer.  

Here's the original offer for anyone who needs the details:
Attention concerned citizens.....I, Madmedic, out of great personal sacrifice, have decided to implement a new policy to save the lives of our young people here in America.
I call this revolutionary new concept "The Gun Buyback Program", and I firmly believe it will save the lives of up to ten billion, eight hundred twenty million, nine hundred thousand, and two small children every week here in this increasingly violent United States.
All responsible citizens of this great, and free country are encouraged to bring their firearms to my "Gun Buyback Headquarters" between the hours of 11:00 AM, and 5:00 PM, at which time I will take possession of these evil, and highly dangerous threats to life and limb, and in return you will be issued a check.
With the monetary compensation being of only minimal concern to any true American who wishes to make the world a safer place, I will be paying "by the pound" for all firearms turned in. $.30 per lb for handguns, $.40 per lb for rifles, including shot guns, and assault rifles, and $.50 per lb for all fully automatic weapons.
All firearms turned in will then be safely stored away in my personal collection, where they will no longer be a threat to anyone, and will only be fired at inanimate objects such as paper targets, tin cans, old cars, and other such harmless things.
I sincerely beg all who care about the young people growing up in this dangerous time in history to step forward, and show you are willing to make the world a better place for generations to come.
Do it for the CHILDREN !

Please note that only firearms in "good working order" are eligible
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Mikie,...you have a pistol that weighs 4 pounds?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just makin a point. I understand your cause and all, and i back it, but to buy a $150-400 gun back for 40-80 cents is ridiculous. Pay more and it's possible

mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I am currently researching the possibility of creating my own gun buy back program. If I can do this I can build a small arsenal with very little money. Imagine a line of people coming up to you and giving you their guns for pennies on the dollar. This has serious potential if legal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you see what i'm talking about. Look at quailcountry's post. He's wanting to build a personal arsenal out of a buyback program. That's one reason why I think the prices should be higher.

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry qwijibo,...but that is COPYRIGHTED information. You will probably almost very likely have to pay me hundreds of dollars in royalty fees now, for reproducing it on this thread.....Your desire to participate is duly noted, and greatly respected however.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
A few of you guys haven't figured out yet that madmedic's "buyback program" is just a joke.  That, alone, is funnier than the joke itself.

As much as I'd be willing to go through the necessary paperwork, mosey up a few thousand dollars, and put up a local lemonade stand in my front yard that would pay 1/3 of what you paid to "get rid of that pesky gun for you", I couldn't live with myself knowing that I disarmed law-abiding citizens.  If only LEO-sanctioned programs like this really DID save the children, we'd be better off as a nation.

Unfortunately, all they do is pronounce more and more how we want to be like the UN.  If an LEO can go to sleep at night realizing he just potentially put a life of another in danger, by stripping them of their tool for survival, I'd feel pity for that man.

The even sadder thing is, gun-owning citizens actually go for these things, thinking that they're "doing their part to save the kids".  Get with reality, people.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Did I mention I will gladly tow away heavy artillery pieces also,...for a nominal fee.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh,...I also offer free ammunition disposal, almost every weekend.  Only ammunition in good condition, manufactured within the last 20 years accepted....and no reloads please
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
UNBELIEVABLE!! Jewbroni just told everyone about your little scam, and here you are still trying to push it. OH well, your cause not mine.

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please do it for the children
[whacko]
View Quote

You failed to say that the "children" is YOU......

ROTFLMAO......That's a good one!!

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
[b]SCAM ?!!![/b]
Mikie,...YOU sir have insulted all that represents good will, and peace by refering to this NOBLE SELFLESS act as a [b]SCAM[/b]
Dont you care about the children?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#16]
DO I CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN?? You're talking about outrages. That is an outrage. I'm wanting a child within the next little while, and when that child comes, there will not be a gun in the house unless it's in a quadruple-bypass security safe and i'll be the only one who can reach it and it probably won't be in the house. So don't even talk about caring for the children. You are a scam, not your program.

Mikie

[:(!]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm...

My Troll detector is beeping right now....
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Now Mikie,...are you old enough to own a gun, [b]OR[/b] a kid?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes i am old enough to own a gun. I'm not being a troll, just showing the way it is. Ask any owner of a gun if they would give you a gun for your measly price and see what they say. GO ahead. Look who's trolling, madmedic is going to all of my posts and saying i'm a troll just to make me mad. THat is a major troll no no.

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Just in case you don't know, it's legal to own them, not to buy them though. I don't deny that i can't buy firearms. I'm just saying i have a little assistance in doin it. The way my parents are, they don't care what kind of firearm i have, as long as it stays where it's supposed to be. No i'm not expecting a kid. I'm wanting to have one though. It would straighten me up right quick too. Too the madmedic, I made another fool of myself as you saw in my other post. Sorry man.

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Mikie,...this thread was not intended to make you mad,...OR get you to sell your guns for a ridiculous price....[b]IT IS A JOKE[/b] designed to poke fun at all the gun grabbing A-holes who use these gun buyback programs to try to push their agenda on the world.

Im sorry it got you so upset,...and even more sorry I had to explain that this was only a joke
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I realized it was a joke when people started emailing me saying it was. I take things to literal sometimes. Sorry you had to fight me

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#23]
No need for an apology mikie,....the fact that you were actually taking this post seriously,...(even after jewbroni pointed it out as a joke) is more entertainment than I have had all night.
[whacko] no harm meant.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]
WOW,..people were emailing you telling you this was a joke? good god,..what have I done?

By the way,...anybody who would like to take advantage of my gun buyback offer can still do so..........
           [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Mikie...

Just remember one thing as you read all these posts...

We are all here because we share many things in common...Love of guns, love of freedom, support of the 2nd amendment, and so on...

None (Most) of us are not here to start trouble or pick fights...

Many guys joke with a bit of sarcasim, to piss of any liberals or anti-gunners trolling on the board...

So, don't forget, were all here for the same reason ...

Were on the same side...

If you have an AR-15 specific question, just create your own topic...
I've NEVER had a shortage of answers to any of my questions,no matter how dumb they might have been...

This is a great website & I will be here for a long time...
I've learned more here than I could have ever expected...

You will too...

Welcome aboard!  

ART
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]
you should post this on the rosie o pig board and see what kind of responses you get lol
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Well said dragracerart,....Im sorry if my little bit of satire got someone upset. It wasn't supposed to be a "troll" thing. I was hoping people would look at it and have a little laugh at the expense of the gun grabbers. But when mikie started taking it so seriously,.....I couldn't resist running with it. Im sorry, I guess I have a little evil streak....[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Rosie O Dung pile has her own message board?!!!!
maybe I SHOULD post a link to my noble GUN BUYBACK PROGRAM on her site....anyone know how?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Madmedic...

I almost went after him too...
...."the troll detector beeping"

But then realized he was just a young guy getting off on the wrong foot...

Seems he's going in the right direction now...

He could have gotten beat up a lot worse if some of the senior "hotheads" would have caught him...
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#30]
dragracerart

I had every intention of going for the kill on this one,...but I didnt want to start looking like a trouble maker,...and after I figured out he was a kid (well, not immediately after I figured it out lol) I did't have the heart to let it go on......Really though, do you think some people on some Gun Grabber sights might think this is legit? even with the outlandish figures concerning childrens lives saved?  I REALLY want to find an Idiot Board to post this on.....
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I think only a newbie would fall for something so outlandish...

Most of us know better...

'gotta admit I was chuckling a bit while reading...[:)]

.....What about a gun "giveback" program, offering nothing in return for a "good working gun"???[:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Madmedic, I want you to know that I have been offering this same program locally for over 5 years. Also, I have been offering over double your listed rates. Obviously you have stolen my idea and have tried to undercut me. You will be hearing from my lawyer in the morning.

[;)] [;)] [;)]

[size=1]This is also a joke.[/size=1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Madmedic -
I would like to offer my services as a KSSR branch of your buyback programme.  I wold like to further respectfully request that I be alloowed to fund buybacks in Kalifornia out of my own pocket, and maintain your pricing schedule.  Of course, I will keep all KSSR bought guns in a storage facility accessible only with direct authorisation and involvement from me personally, in order that they are stored in the safest manner possible...

Ammunition is acceptable at all times, and in all conditions.  Ammunition will be demilled (as appropriated) and components safely recycled (into fireworks and pyrotechnic devices for personal display.)

Please, madmedic, endorse this effort as a part of a nationwide child safety programme and selfless effort.  I am willing to personally take responsibility for a significant part in the safety of the modern American child...

It is only through a concerted effort that we can ensure the safety and security of the American children in these trouble times.

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh I know the people on this board,...or any other pro gun board are smart enough not to fall for it,....But what about some "Soccer Mom" website, or something like that. those folks ARE pretty gullible.....[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#35]
FreeFire Zone.....
I will wholeheartedly endorse you in a franchise under one stipulation : Our policy for the de milling of ammunition clearly states that ALL workable ammunition be de milled following the proper procedure, which simply involves taking it to the shooting range, and firing it through the proper calibre ammunition de milling device, I.E. (firearm). nothing else will be acceptable.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#36]
GeorgeInNePa.....

If you are making accusations of infringement on my part,...Let the record show that while you may have indeed been offering a SIMILAR program for 5 years,...It is YOUR program which you have offered, and not MY program. And that it is MY program which I have offered, and not YOUR program. Hence, and therefore making MY program MINE, and YOUR program YOUR'S. Whereby BOTH programs are SIMILAR, but not the SAME to one another, and actually completely DIFFERENT.
Thus, it is my contention that you have absolutely no grounds for litigation.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]
No grounds? No grounds...NO GROUNDS??!!?!?!?

My god man, I have 3 acres!!!

You will be hearing from my attorneys...Dewey, Dikkim, and Howe.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes,...But is there a FIRING RANGE, or any semblance thereof on your 3 acres?....If not, you would be unale to provide the proper facilities for on site ammunution disposal,....Thereby making your legal case against me, or my organization SHOT FULL OF HOLES......
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#39]
This for the antis- how the hell can you "Buy-Back" that which you NEVER OWNED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
Oh, by the way, F.N.G......
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, I can provide on-site ammo disposal. Also, I provide a funds matching program to "give back" to my community. I match all funds that I pay out up to and including 1/10 of .005% and I donate it to the "Home for 2 headed children with 3 legs". Do you also donate to needy causes? Or are you just a heartless businessman?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Buy this back . . .

[moon]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#42]
last buy back they had in my area i think they got a pellit gun a couple of old bolt action .22 and a shotgun.man thay really saved some children.
its just a photo op for the police and a few DO GOODERS TO fell good about themselves.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the welcome peeps. I did get off on the wrong foot, but i'm straightened up now. So sell your guns to the madmedic.

THE GRAND POO-BA
MIKIE
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#44]
GeorgeInNePa......
While my organization is ambitious, and remains on the cutting edge of world safety proliferation, It is small, and still in its early stages. Hence, we are currently unable to make significant monetary contributions.
However....We do take an official position in support of two headed children with ANY number of appendages.  
Furthermore, we endorse MANY noble factions around the globe, such as P.E.F.A (People who Eat Farm Animals), and THE C.R.A.B.S. (Citizens Revolting Against Bad Stuff)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top