Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 8:36:26 AM EDT
Does anyone make a decent breakaway side-by-side or O/U shotgun for around $500?

I'm not paying $1,600 for a John Kerry special!

UPDATE - I went and traded in my .223 VEPRK and picked up a COMLANBER 12 ga. O/U. It has a fibre optic front sight, shell ejectors, barrel selector, vented barrels and nickel plated reciever. It came with 5 choke tubes a spanner and a 5 year warranty. It's a beautiful gun. I got $250 in trade for my VEPRK (kind of a shot to the jaw I know) and the price was $437 out the door. I guess I did OK.

Yes, I am the ultimate impulse shopper!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used a Russian Baikal "Coach Gun" in Cowboy Action Shooting for a few seasons......It works well after some polishing and tinkering with the springs........and they're tough.....Like a MIG fighter.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of them around. Look for a used American Arms Silver II O/U.  I have the Silver II Lite in 12 gauge 3 inch chambers with 26 inch barrels. Box lock action, single select trigger, Auto ejectors, Screw in choke tubes (Franchi), nickel plated, laser engraved receiver, Nice walnut with cut checkering and rubber butt pad.  For the money, it's a great shotgun that I'm not afraid to take to the field.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a used Stevens 311. They're built like a battleship, and there are a ton of them out there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If ya keep a look out you should be able to find a lower end Beretta OU for around $ 600, Turkish Huglu's are around $400-500 but can be real hit and miss quality wise. Savage is supposed to be importing/selling some Spanish OU's that look reasonably priced..
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
No.

The gun Kerry was shown with was probably nearer $10k to $20k - I could never make a positive ID on the make.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#6]
what are you planing on doing with it? i mean i have a tradtions that . spanish made really pretty, i only gave 500 for it. its my field gun. i have used it for 3 years now no problems no broken parts. i dont know how it would do with skeet.
i have a field 3
http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eShop/10Browse.asp?Category=Shotguns%3A+Field+Series

gave 550 for it i see them at walmart in the field 2 for around 450-500
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Look for a used SKB 280 it's a very good gun for the money points well and is very fast. Sometimes you can find  a used Fox Sterlingworth in that price range. Think used Fox Ithica or SKB. I hope you find a good one they are a joy to shoot but beware they are addictive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top