Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:41:25 AM EDT
Just saw this on yahoo.  couldnt believe it.  Heck, i'd be pissed if i went out to my grandpa's farm that weekend and forgot to take my .22 out of the trunk (but probably be understanding even though...)    

but a fake civil war musket?

gunaphobia at its best.

Edit:  replica, so is it real?  can replica guns handle the pressure of firing a real round?        

for some reason i have a feeling a shooting spree in a school would be hard to do when you had to take a minute to reload between each shot
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
A replica is like a duplicate right?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
That really stinks. I do civil war reenacting with the 150th NY, I know a few guys from the 124, but cant say i Know that kid. In any case back when I was in 10th grade I believe it was, 9 years ago or so, I did a demo for my class and no one was concerned when i walked in with my 1863 springfield. Times have changed eh?

The reproductions are capable of hurting people though. The powder charge is enough to give you a really bad burn, and even the wadding can cause harm if it hits you soon after leaving the bbl. They are also Fully Funtional in that you CAN fire live ammo out of them. I've done it, and the results are impressive. .58 cal is pretty big and it makes a nasty entry/exit wound.

I dont think this kid was a threat though, best he can probably do is shoot 3 rounds a minute and charge bayonette HUUURRAAHHH.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Pine Bush CSD Director, Rose Marrie Stark  845-744-2031

Find out what she has to say about it
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pine Bush CSD Director, Rose Marrie Stark  845-744-2031

Find out what she has to say about it

You KNOW what she's going to say...

-Zero Tolerance....

-It's not like it was five/ten/twenty years ago....

-Safety....

-People's feelings and sensibilities....

-Liability....

-It's out of my hands- it's school/town/state/federal policy...

I used to be a schoolteacher- I've heard it all a thousand times.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell...

handbasket...

I'll be in the basement loading mags to prepare for the impending collapse of a society without enough backbone to support itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top