Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 11:05:16 AM EDT
Kalifornia state assembly floor audio feed debating AB35, handgun owner LICENSING.

[url]192.234.213.21/Encodeaflr.asx[/url]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is this talking now?!?!?!  He sounds GREAT!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#2]
This is probably just more parania, I doubt it's really happening.  There is no conspiracy to disarm the people of the world.  That and all the press about the UN burning guns on July 9th is probably fake too.

Sorry, I just got done reading the "I'm really serouis about this thread".  I'm amazed at how many of you flat out dismiss that information.  No I don't think the UN is trying to control my mind with floride, but they are burning guns July 9th and California is trying to restrict guns even more.  Instead of dismissing the info, why not look at it and if you have valid information that proves it or disproves it, then post it.  But to say someone is paranoid when they talk about the UN and guns, shows that you have your head in the sand.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun HOBBYISTS, don't care what happens. They will be first in line at the gun turn in stations.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Who in the F**k is speaking now! What a D**K! Licensing buyers!?!

Great link!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised that there are even a few guys fighting for us. I have heard a few guys talk that have our exact same views.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Shelly- the prick
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
This is good, all should listen. These supporters are fucked!! The love to equate guns to cars, etc, but miss the point entirely. Licensing does not make safe users, just known owners.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
It would be a pitty if someone wacked these bastards and used a spoon to do it.  Then what would we eat soup with?  They would have to ban SPOONS then wouldn't they?  Scumbags[:(!]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
some really good, logical arguments being made against the bill.

but unfortunately this is california, a state run by people incapable of logical thought.

i think this bill will pass, because the people casting the votes already have their minds made up, and no ammount of logic will change that.

i hope that i'm proven wrong.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Shelley - the prick, author
Carole Migden - whore, co-author

I hope everyone called the Assembly list.  Alot of them are on the fence, and especially don't like the method to remove it from the appropriations committee.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Gun HOBBYISTS, don't care what happens. They will be first in line at the gun turn in stations.
View Quote

bahhhh baahhhhhh bahhhhh

or is it MOO MOO MOO

hmm i hear some cattle/sheep herding begining in Kal
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know about you, but I have to show proof of firearms safety training before I can buy a handgun. DD214, CA hunting license, Hunter safety course, etc.

They are trying to justify further licensing based on training, or the lack of.

Bunch of asswipes!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
CRAP!

I was listening to this when the whole shooting match crashed!

They had just called for the vote.

WHAT HAPPENED?

How did the vote turn out?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I am proud to announce that AB35, the handgun owner licensing bill, passed 41 to 35. The senate had already passed their version of the bill. Davis will now sign it into law.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I am proud to announce that AB35, the handgun owner licensing bill, passed 41 to 35. The senate had already passed their version of the bill. Davis will now sign it into law.  
View Quote

As much as I hate my job here, I really can't go back to Kali now can I. Maybe I should go into car sales.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Handgun owner licensing - coming soon to a state near you!

It will be interesting to see what the compliance level is, won't it?

When will enough be enough?

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

The bills get swapped, AB35 for vote in the Senate and SB52 to the Assembly.  Shouldn't be too exciting, given we know the outcome.

We need a Blitz on Davis
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm stoked.  Another law for me to tell my wife, "honey, I have to get (X,Y,Z) before the new law takes effect.  I got three new pistols out of SB15.  This should be good for at least three more. [:)]

All this bill is is another way to tax the gun owner into giving up.  They know it has nothing to do with criminals or safety (duh) but it is just another dig at us.  Personally IDGAF because I will just get all the pistols I wan't, one month at a time, until the law goes into effect.  I should have a pretty good collection by the time I move outa here.

BTW we needed another good law to prop up the sagging hangun sales. Gotta love them unintended consequences.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top