Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 9:51:29 PM EDT
In the debate tonight, Kerry said the following:

And what I would like to do is see the National Guard and Reserve be deployed differently here in our own country. There's much we can do with them with respect to homeland security. We ought to be doing that. And that would relieve an enormous amount of pressure.

Recently Kerry has been saying that The War on Terror  and Homeland Security issues are more Law Enforcement issues than Military Operations.  So basically he just advocated violation of the Posse Comitatus Act !

Why isn't this being reported  ?!?!?!

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Is he suggesting deploying the National Guard and military to seal up the borders?

If so, then by all mean, violate the Posse Comitatus Act!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Because it's political double speak, and the media won't look into it, based on who said it.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
hell, I was bringing that up about every 3 pages in the debate thread and only a couple people HERE picked up on it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he was thinking about having the NG pick up trash on the highways or doing "meals on wheels" for the elderly.  You know, important stuff.  Not like dying for Halliburton in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hell, I was bringing that up about every 3 pages in the debate thread and only a couple people HERE picked up on it.

Honestly, I skipped most of the 42 pages of the Official thread.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is he suggesting deploying the National Guard and military to seal up the borders?

I think he wants to deploy them to keep an eye on us.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he wants to deploy them to keep an eye on us.

I kinda figured that.

ETA - And by "US", I hope you not only mean Americans, but also "US" specifically. If there is one thing that I learned during the Clinton years it is that freedom loving, gun owning, vocal Americans are a threat to Democratic administrations, and must be controled.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well... here's a little Pick-You-Up:

FanoftheBlackRifle, you are amazing. Your intelligence and ability to understand the scope of the Posse Comitatus act is unsurpassed. I hope that you live on forever so that your intellectual light will shine and show forth the pathway to enlightenment for all mankind. Thank you FanoftheBlackRifle, thank you so, so very much.

LMAO
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd deploy them in our own country as well, just before banning all non-hunting rifles and pistols.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And what I would like to do is see the National Guard and Reserve be deployed differently here in our own country. There's much we can do with them with respect to homeland security. We ought to be doing that. And that would relieve an enormous amount of pressure.

Recently Kerry has been saying that The War on Terror  and Homeland Security issues are more Law Enforcement issues than Military Operations.  So basically he just advocated violation of the Posse Comitatus Act !

Because the Posse Comitatus Act is 100% unconstitutional...

Just like the War Powers Act and any other limit on the power of Commander in Chief.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It would not be a violation of the act if he got the consent of Congress.  There are many exceptions to the act that have been granted already.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well, since this would constitute the use of the Guard and the Reserves against "foreign enemies" - which are what illegal aliens are - then it shouldn't be a violation of Posse Comitatus. Using US Military forces against American citizens, though, would be a different matter...yeah, like they did at Waco....?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#13]
We cannot use the National Guard and Reserves on the border, because the border has to be guarded 24/7/365/6 and they would be getting even LESS time off than on their foreign deployments!

We need to get rid of Border Patrol, and create a Paramilitary Border Guard, like a terrestrial version of the Coast Guard, and similar to the Border Police that the Israelis and Germans have.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#14]
That transcript is bad.

They forgot a comment that really cements how he was thinking.

As he said it, there was a pause.

"... differently, here in our own country"

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We need to get rid of Border Patrol, and create a Paramilitary Border Guard, like a terrestrial version of the Coast Guard, and similar to the Border Police that the Israelis and Germans have.  

FINALLY!  Someone gets it right!

In fact, we need to learn from the EAST Germans.  They knew how to keep people in, so we should just take their methods and turn them 180 degrees to keep people the fuck OUT.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#16]
you mean shoot people.

that won't work.

we need to take their jobs away.
so every private individual that employs an illegal faces a 10,000 fine and 6 months in jail.
every corporation...  100,000 fine.

use the money to strengthen the borders.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Posse Comitatus doesn't apply to the National Guard unless they are Federalized.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Posse Comitatus doesn't apply to the National Guard unless they are Federalized.

+1

The National Guard have been used inside our borders for decades.

National Guard troops work counterdrug all the time.

Not to mention riots and assistance in disaster areas.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought I was the only person in America who caught that. A chill went up my spine when that loathsome wannabe Stalin said that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top