Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:04:23 PM EDT
I've saw several posts re: Nukes - thought i'd try one of my own.

i believe nukes are not necessary to destroy our enemies.
i don't want these third word countries to have them.
if we have to give up ours to convince them, and i think we do, then
i agree with eliminating all nukes.

because we have:
superior non-nuclear weapons and troops
supperior transportation - war ships, carriers, aircraft, armored vehicles
technology that could produce any weapon, withink days, necessary to destroy any army
'willingness and capability'

*the one thing that is missing on the list of 'haves' above is an organized militia.

before militia became a bad word during the clinton administration of the mid 90's, it saved the usa in the late 1700's and we can all say that because of that, we are not only sitting here, but living in freedome today because of it.
in ww2 the french underground (militia) saved countless allied lives and helped defeat a power thru organization that they could not defeat thru weaponry.

militia is not a bad word.
the group of people that come to this site are prime examples how we could make a difference by organizing along side our troops and country - thus protecting the homeland - not like rebels, but in a postive way.
what an opportunity and possibility that is.... if you think about it you not only hold the capacity, but you hold the capability.
imagine 500,000 prepared non-soldier brothers standing hand in hand ready to protect the homeland while the real volunteer warriers are over seas keeping the battles off our soil.

what if?  what if, that battle ever makes it to our borders - will we be prepared?  are we prepared now?  only thru a preplaned organization could you answer that honestly yes.

i look forward to your thoughts.  coz, militia is not a bad word and we all need to change that perception for our neighbor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Other countries won't give up the nuke, because they even the playing field to some degree.  Would you give up your CCW guns in hope that criminals wouldn't use them?

Can't stop other countries from gettng them......therefore we need them.

End of discussion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you think other countries will give up theirs you are sadly mistaken.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Nukes will never be given up, not by anyone who has them.  Sorry.

That'd be like me giving up my AR15 just so my neighbor would feel better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberal.
Wet.
Dream.

Wake up & clean up, sleepy head!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

We MUST maintain and continue to develop weapons of mass destruction, as it is the ONLY way toi give credence to our demands that others not develop them...

You don't prevent the development & use of WMD by asking nicely...

You prevent it by maintaining sufficeint WMD of your own that you're the international equivalent of Dirty Harry with his .44...

'I've got 3,000 of the world's best nukes pointed at your head right now. So, I got one question for ya... DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK???'

That is the ONLY solution...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
www.democraticunderground.com

I think you would be happier amongst your own kind.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
We can give them up, but Iran and North Korea will say they dont have any nukes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

We MUST maintain and continue to develop weapons of mass destruction, as it is the ONLY way toi give credence to our demands that others not develop them...

You don't prevent the development & use of WMD by asking nicely...

You prevent it by maintaining sufficeint WMD of your own that you're the international equivalent of Dirty Harry with his .44...

'I've got 3,000 of the world's best nukes pointed at your head right now. So, I got one question for ya... DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK???'

That is the ONLY solution...

Yup.

What Dave_A says...

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Stupid little prole-troll.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The first NUKE will hit us 30 seconds after we disable our last one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't believe I agree with Dave-A on something.  Giving up nukes is stupid.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Great idea.

We can also give up all bombs, planes, missles, guns, ammo, and kinves.

That way NO ONE will ever be able to kill again..........unless they use a rock, stick or their hands of course.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
No way.  You can never have too many nuclear weapons.  Nuclear weapons did more to keep the peace after WWII than anything else.  I am a big believer in nuclear weapons.  But the nutso countries shouldn't have them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought you were banned, troll.

Go away.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:54:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What we need to do is continue work on the SMALLER nuclear bombs, particularly ones with penetrating capability.  The large yield, airburst city-destroyers aren't of much use, outside of a MAD deterrence scheme with another nuclear superpower.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure! We'll get rid of our nukes! No problem!

YOU go first......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top