Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I missed it. I am going to watch it soon. Had a welding class.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
... Between that, Nip / Tuck and The Shield, there actually is good TV on at late-night
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched part of one episode a few weeks ago. That lead character guy needs a thourogh ass kicking. I'll never waste the time again. Planerench out
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
ETH,

I'm with you bud.  Haven't missed an episode all season.

E-95
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Good show tonight. I hope Tommy stays in the house and doesn't transfer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I was starting to wonder where all the ghosts went....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Havnt been watching it religiously but Ive really enjoyed the episodes Ive caught.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Before it ever aired, I saw the ads and thought, "edgy TV.  yeah, right."  I was impressed aftre the first episode.  So far, they've kept up with great wrinting and good material.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I Taped it.
One of the bad things about being Night Shift is that you miss interesting programs.
One of the good things is taping programs and the FF button when you come to a commercial.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
really good show tonight, now the wait till next season
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Who else thought the ex was up to no good? Fucking bitch.  The gay midget thing was hilarious.  "I'll make you feel real good, I'll get on this box see....."  

I just can't wait to see that small pox series though. Looks scary.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck are the only two shows my wife and I watch.

She didn't want to watch Rescue Me since she never really found Leary funny, but he's doing a pretty good job in a more dramatic role.

And Nip/Tuck is just a whacked out show with loads of violence, sex, and blood.

Don't care for The Shield though.  

Av.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ETH,
I'm with you bud.  Haven't missed an episode all season.
E-95

Worth watching, E-95? Believability scale?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]
great show
FX has good series, and they make them short so there's now lame ass filler episodes
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know when the next season of The Shield starts?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Sneaky Catholic priests
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The show is cool.  No doubt about it.

And what's so funny, I suppose, is that Dennis Leary playing basically the same character but as a cop in 'The Job' was a complete dud!

Go figure!

Eric The(FXHasSomeGoodShiite)Hun

I cried when 'The Job' was cancelled. My favorite episode was when Leary was taken hostage in the bathroom and his assailant wouldn't let him take a dump. I laughed my freakin' ass off.  I love 'Rescue Me'. I swear I know a real person just like every character on the show.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And what's so funny, I suppose, is that Dennis Leary playing basically the same character but as a cop in 'The Job' was a complete dud!

Go figure!

Was a network show though, so was quite a bit more 'restrained'.

I liked the show though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably a great show but I just can't get past that dickface Dennis Leary.  I can not stand his looks, attitude, or even his voice.  Me and him= oil and water.  I hope that y'all enjoy it though.  Don't let my bias slow you down!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#22]
God I love that show!  Tonight was great, didn't care for the "beating" Tommy took, pissed me off.  I thought his wife was up to no good with the $4800. she lied about.

I heard the new season of the Shield starts the first of 05, don't know the month.  Pisses me off they STILL don't have 3 for sell yet.

I cried when they cancelled Firefly
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Probably a great show but I just can't get past that dickface Dennis Leary. I can not stand his looks, attitude, or even his voice. Me and him= oil and water. I hope that y'all enjoy it though. Don't let my bias slow you down!

You should not speak so of the Master, the Master will be verrryyy upset.  I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Tanker06,

Very believable.  Station life is pretty well portrayed and the fire scenes are the most realistic I've seen from Hollywood.  There still isn't enough smoke but if the TV and movie industry ever showed structure fires the way they really are it would be pretty boring.  A black screen with an occasional orange glow just doesn't make for exciting television.

Of course there are a fairly high percentage of folks in the show with dysfunctional lives.  But once again, that makes for exciting viewing.

Definitely worth watching, bro.

E-95
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the only "must see TV" show for me.  I've always been a Leary fan and this is a great mixture of drama, humor, suspense, sex and general weirdness.

BTW- Anyone who saw Boondock Saints knew what was gonna happen in that confessional, LOL!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go figure!

I cried when 'The Job' was cancelled. My favorite episode was when Leary was taken hostage in the bathroom and his assailant wouldn't let him take a dump. I laughed my freakin' ass off.  I love 'Rescue Me'. I swear I know a real person just like every character on the show.

Do you know a gay midget?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Go figure!

That show was fin' funny.

I have watched a couple of episodes and I like it.

Didn't Dennis and the show donate a bunch of equipment to the FDNY a few years back?  I remember him talking about it a while back on the radio.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I love that show, I haven't missed an episode yet until last night. I had to watch the debate so I missed it but I will catch the replay Sunday night.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Best damn show on TV.

REALLY liked the part where they left the bar and stood and looked at the NY skyline.

And the fucking hockey ringers!  
"Are you gonna make him wear a helmet?"  
"They don't pay me enough."

If season 2 is only half as good - I'll still be watching it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#30]
MOTHER FU*****.... I FORGOT TO WATCH IT...GODAMMIT...I stayed home just for that, then ended up playing Rainbow Six 3 all night long...ARGH...must look for repeat lol.  

BTW, here's the link to the .org Leary started.  

www.learyfirefightersfoundation.org/
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I've tried watching it a couple of times.  I like Dennis Leary and some of the story lines are compelling, but the writers felt the need to turn it into another FOX Network freak show.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Love that show and the Shield.
Only thing I don't like about both is that wait for the next season!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

BTW- Anyone who saw Boondock Saints knew what was gonna happen in that confessional, LOL!

Speaking of Boondock Saints, there's now a Sequel section on the official website...although production hasn't started yet.  This is a good sign, since for a while, Duffy said there wouldn't be a sequel.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I missed it!! Tell me what happened. What's up with the wife and what went down at the fire house? Thanks. I'll have to look for a repeat.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I missed it!! Tell me what happened. What's up with the wife and what went down at the fire house? Thanks. I'll have to look for a repeat.

turns out the wifey was squirelling away the extra cash in prep for leaving town with the kids.  She's gone. where?  who knows?

Tommy got confronted by the rest (most of) the crew regarding his banging a FF widow.  They tuned him up a little bit and told him that it had to stop.  His response: "I can't.  She's pregnant."

A ton of other stuff went on - you'll just have to catch one the hundreds of re-runs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of Boondock Saints, there's now a Sequel section on the official website...although production hasn't started yet.  This is a good sign, since for a while, Duffy said there wouldn't be a sequel.  

Supposedly, the Saints get framed for killing the Pope.  

<hijack off>
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks Dolomite. By the way, I got a fever, and the perscription is MORE COW BELL!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go figure!

Do you know a gay midget?

As you were. Almost every character
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I dont like it,  I LOVE IT!!!!, Dennis Leary Kicks Ass
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally saw it last night.  Damn, that last schene, with Tommy smashing the empty house with the baseball bat, with the cutaways to the other characters, was awesome.  The music was perfect for the scenes...really made you feel his loss.  

Damn this show rocks.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tanker06,

Very believable.  Station life is pretty well portrayed and the fire scenes are the most realistic I've seen from Hollywood.  There still isn't enough smoke but if the TV and movie industry ever showed structure fires the way they really are it would be pretty boring.  A black screen with an occasional orange glow just doesn't make for exciting television.

Of course there are a fairly high percentage of folks in the show with dysfunctional lives.  But once again, that makes for exciting viewing.

Definitely worth watching, bro.

E-95

Exactly!...

The actual "firefighting" scenes arent 100% realistic, but the everyday routine (the way the FFs interact with one another, the events portrayed, the language and topics of conversation are pretty much dead on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top