User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
Woo hoo!  

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/9908217.htm
Posted on Wed, Oct. 13, 2004

NRA President visits Duluth, backs Bush

BY SCOTT THISTLE

NEWS TRIBUNE

The National Rifle Association announced in Duluth this morning it would spend up to $20 million in 15 key battleground states supporting the reelection of President Bush.

"John Kerry is a Cape Cod phony that's treating the people in the Heartland of America like children," said NRA chief executive officer Wayne LaPierre.

The NRA was making the announcement in Duluth because Minnesota has a large population of hunting and gun enthusiasts. More than 580,000 people hold hunting licenses in Minnesota, LaPierre said.

Kerry's record of support for gun control legislation is a contridiction of his claim that he supports the Second Ammendment, LaPierre said during a press conference at the Radisson Hotel.

"It's a fraud, a phony, it's trying to weasle your way into the White House by lying about a 20-year voting record."

Kerry has repeatedly said he supports the right of Americans to own firearms.

"As a lifelong hunter and fisherman, I am proud to be among the millions of American sportsmen and sportswomen who are dedicated to conserving fish and wildlife and passing along the American hunting and fishing heritage to the next generation," Kerry said in a prepared statement issued in advance of the NRA announcement.

The NRA hopes its support will win Bush states with large hunting populations including Minnesota and Wisconsin.

The NRA will also announce its support later today in Flint, Mich.; Youngstown, Ohio; and Pittsburg.

A group calling itself, "Sportsmen for Kerry" will hold its own rally in Duluth at 1 p.m. today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope America is smart enough to see through Kerry's constant lies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
wish i would have known about that.  i would have went and laughed at the sportsmen for kerry fools.
i havn't heard anything on the news about it even.  wtf?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
wish i would have known about that.  i would have went and laughed at the sportsmen for kerry fools.
i havn't heard anything on the news about it even.  wtf?

I spotted it on Google News when I was looking for other stuff.

I rarely watch news on the TV anymore, at least on the local channels, too biased. Otner than FoxNews, the only other way I've been reading on the latest news these days is on the Internet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
i live across a river from Duluth...still didn't hear about it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I noticed a couple weeks ago, that there more Bush signs up in northern Minnesota  than there are Kerry signs
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I noticed a couple weeks ago, that there more Bush signs up in northern Minnesota  than there are Kerry signs

i see a lot of kerry signs up here.  the unions are strong in this area.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top