Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 2:23:16 PM EDT
Just came home from school (Ohio University) and since we (ROTC) are going on an FTX this weekend, the Ohio National Guard flew down a Blackhawk to let us get in it and learn the proper saftery measures. All I can say is.....I cant wait for Friday, then I get to FLY in a Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
be careful, its a helicopter. It flies cause its repelled from the earth for being sooooo ugly
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
On Sat I get to help take up a group of UW Oshkosh ROTC up for a spin. I am a crewchief, so when we do the rollercoaster thing jst over the trees I get to see the big smiles and here the yelling in the cabin, its really fun! I like to get the hotties to sit in the front row across from me, so I get a nice whiff of perfume once in a while!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant wait, its going to be one hell of a ride. Im hoping that its a nice day outside so we can have the doors open, get a feel for what its like.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck with your ride on the Crash Hawk. MSII?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
well thats cool, you will have fun and hopefully someone will puss out and you can all make fun of them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It gets even better when you start parachuting out of them.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
A jump from a Crash Hawk is a lot of fun. Parachuted from them a lot  while stationed at Ft. Bragg.
Chopper jumps are a riot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
good luck with your ride on the Crash Hawk. MSII?

Nope, MSI. Just a Freshie.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you know LT Stephens. She just commissioned from The Ohio State University?

Good luck with the blackhawk. Just wait till your a III and getting ready for LDAC. For poops and giggles
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking forward to my first flight in a blackhawk soon.  My wife's cousin is a crew chief on a blackhawk, in Vegas I think.  He said the next time they were coming up to Hill AFB, he would call me and give me a ride.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, man, 'Hawks are THE shit! Make roller coasters BORINGGGGGGG!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, just got back in from my FTX and had a BLAST! Wow, what a great time and learned alot. About the ride down, Chalk one got the Blackhawk and the rest got Hueys, but hey I cant complain, it was still a hell of a ride down. Learned alot about land nav, moving as a squad in the field, and alot of Drill and Ceremony. Also got to try out a simulator called the EST (I think thats what it is called) and it was also a blast. All in all a very good weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top