Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 12:25:22 PM EDT
www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris1.html

"Hours after Bill O'Reilly accused her of a multimillion shakedown attempt, a female Fox News producer fired back at the TV star, filing a lawsuit claiming that he subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies. Below you'll find a copy of Andrea Mackris's complaint, an incredible page-turner that quotes O'Reilly on all sorts of lewd matters. Based on the extensive quotations cited in the complaint, It appears a safe bet that Mackris recorded some of O'Reilly's more steamy soliloquies. For example, we point you to his Caribbean shower fantasies."

There are two sides to every story, and this is just one side.  I am going to give Bill the benefit of a doubt.  I myself do not have any room to judge anyone.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
better hope he knew he was being taped.......otherwise.......it's gonna be tossed out
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
This all just gets me itchin' to get a lawsuit against O'Reily too dammit!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
oops,

shouldn't have done that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont talk to women at work.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
i like to see people crash and burn as much as the next guy, but not when it's a crazy-assed bitch behind the trigger (not saying that's the case here).
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
O'Reilly's a jerk anyway.  Who cares what happens to him?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't give a damn what happens to that condescending asshole.

And I am reading through the document, if even half of it is true....... whoa boy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
So?  Women in Bali think Bill has a big crank?  His wife has a vibrator - big deal.

This is what'll sink him tho:

"Look at Al Franken, one day he's going to get a knock on his door and life as he's known it will change forever.  That day will happen, trust me."

Man! You threatened a liberal - you're toast!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So?  Women in Bali think Bill has a big crank?  His wife has a vibrator - big deal.

This is what'll sink him tho:

"Look at Al Franken, one day he's going to get a knock on his door and life as he's known it will change forever.  That day will happen, trust me."

Man! You threatened a liberal - you're toast!

But should he be telling fellow employees this?

I agree, I don't care about either, but If it were my GF/ Wife he was talking too, then well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yeah, Oreillys a jerk.

And there are alot of whore goldiggers out there.

NO WAY to tell whats true yet.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
depends on the state. some only require that one party of a conversion knows
www.rcfp.org/taping/

Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most also have extended the law to cover in-person conversations. Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as "one-party consent" statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it.

Quoted:
better hope he knew he was being taped.......otherwise.......it's gonna be tossed out

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Oreillys a jerk.

And there are alot of whore goldiggers out there.

NO WAY to tell whats true yet.

/scotty

The shit cap'n, she be a flyin

/scotty
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#14]
so...

looks like he probably did/said some of it.  She tried to black mail him, went public AFTER he accused her of extortion.

www.drudgereport.com/fox.htm
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. If you've ever heard his show when Lise Wiehl is on with him, you'd think he's never been around a good looking woman. On one show he couldn't stop talking about how hot she looked in her sweater. On, and on, and on, throughout the show. It was embarrassing to hear a grown man make such an ass of himself (and that's saying something, after hearing his stupid comments on the AWB).

A guy as arrogant as him, sooner or later will probably get himself in trouble. Add a big dose of wealth and fame, and it's a near certainty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Extortion is criminal.  Sex harassment may or may not be.  O'Reilly, however, has more to lose.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't care much for O'Reilly, but the how this thing shook down doesn't smell right one bit.  The sequence of events of her employment opportunities and demands don't support her claims.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#19]
He's no fan of our favorite passion, the EBR.  I'll not miss him if he goes.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Need pictures.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll wait to see if she has any evidence.  I'm no fan of O'Reilly, but I remember the BS that was flung during the Anita Hill fiasco.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Women talk that way to me all the time and I just ignore it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

she won't use the tapes in court.  They will be played live on national television for all to hear I'm sure.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

agreed, I'm not a big fan of his either.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#25]
He's fucked now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

she won't use the tapes in court.  They will be played live on national television for all to hear I'm sure.

I believe FOX is in NY and if she allegedly taped him, she is fucked and any TV station that airs the dirty laundry.

N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05: It is a Class E felony to overhear or record a telephonic or telegraphic communication if one is not the sender or receiver, or does not have the consent of either the sender or receiver. It also is a crime for someone not present to overhear or record any conversation or discussion without the consent of at least one party to that conversation.

Cordless telephone conversations that are partially broadcast over ordinary radio waves are protected by the wiretapping and eavesdropping laws and require the same consent for recording as any other communication. New York v. Fata, 559 N.Y.S.2d 348 (N.Y. App. Div. 1990).

State courts have held that newspapers that published transcripts of an illegally recorded telephone conversation were subject to civil liability when "the newspapers knew they were dealing with recorded conversations between unconsenting parties." Natoli v. Sullivan, 606 N.Y.S.2d 504 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Oswego County 1993), aff'd, 616 N.Y.S.2d 318 (N.Y. App. Div. 1994).

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#27]
lise is pretty damn hot you cant blame bill for it.  I personally think bill has a good show.  I dont agree with his gun politics but he didnt grow up with them either.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What do you expect?  I have no idea if its true, but it seems like women turn to this nonsense any time they don't get what they want..."

"Funny, from what I read it said she quit to go to work at CNN, didn't like it, and asked O'Reilley to get her rehired at Fox... its funny that these victims of abuse are always quick to ask for favors and as soon as they don't get what they want they pull out the discrimination card.

That's For Damn Sure!!

Women are always bitching about equality in the workplace, having the same rights as men, etc. But then when the SHTF they run and hide behind any shred of chivalry that is offered. "I'm a woman, damn it, and I want to be treated as an equal! What was that? Excuse me, No... I don't wish to be drafted.. oh God, no, please, no!" And then here comes this shit, "I'm a woman... I want to be treated as an equal. What? You what? You hit a woman because she closed-fist punched you in the face? Oh, God... shame on you!" I say fuck you and your equal rights. Women don't want to be treated as exact equals because they can't handle it. They want to be babied, have things there way, have the option of sluffing off responisbility because they "are a woman".

All I have to say is... you know where to stick it!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I believe FOX is in NY and if she allegedly taped him, she is fucked and any TV station that airs the dirty laundry.

N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05: It is a Class E felony to overhear or record a telephonic or telegraphic communication if one is not the sender or receiver, or does not have the consent of either the sender or receiver. It also is a crime for someone not present to overhear or record any conversation or discussion without the consent of at least one party to that conversation.

Cordless telephone conversations that are partially broadcast over ordinary radio waves are protected by the wiretapping and eavesdropping laws and require the same consent for recording as any other communication. New York v. Fata, 559 N.Y.S.2d 348 (N.Y. App. Div. 1990).

State courts have held that newspapers that published transcripts of an illegally recorded telephone conversation were subject to civil liability when "the newspapers knew they were dealing with recorded conversations between unconsenting parties." Natoli v. Sullivan, 606 N.Y.S.2d 504 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Oswego County 1993), aff'd, 616 N.Y.S.2d 318 (N.Y. App. Div. 1994).

sounds like she could be fine,

as she would be the sender or receiver depending.

but I don't speak lawyer talk so I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Unfortunately, in todays society, sometimes accusations are enough to tear a man down.  Especially someone prominent in the public eye like O'Reilly or Koby Bryant

I'm sure she is just trying to make a money grab.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She would be o.k. here.  New York is a one party consent state.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She would be o.k. here.  New York is a one party consent state.

I misread it, you can tell I am not a Lawyer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Bill should just pay her off and "forgetaboutit". I don't care for him either, but there must be some bauble or two she wants?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I just read the allegations.  If she has a recording, and it would look like she does because of the quotes, he's fucked.  The only thing odd is that she continued to go up to his hotel room and go out to dinner with him after she alleged multiple uncomfortable engagements prior.  Maybe she was waiting for the opppurtunity to get it on tape.

If you read the entire document it is apparent that she is also politically motivated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I just read the allegations.  If she has a recording, and it would look like she does because of the quotes, he's fucked.  The only thing odd is that she continued to go up to his hotel room and go out to dinner with him after she alleged multiple uncomfortable engagements prior.  Maybe she was waiting for the opppurtunity to get it on tape.

If you read the entire document it is apparent that she is also politically motivated.

I noticed that myself.  She continued to go out to eat with him after the incidents where he said offensive things.  The natural reaction would be to avoid meetings with that person.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I like him.
I may not agree with all his political beliefs (gun control), but aside from that he is one of the better news personalities. (doesn't worship the democrappy party)

I've watched him on and off for years and he's one of the good guys for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Isn't bill married? if so he is going to be in some shit with the old lady for sure!

He seems like a good guy to me but the liberals are going to have a field day with this!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

sounds like you already did the homework on this one, but it depends on the state.  for example, my state is a "one party" state where only the recorder need know, the recordee need not...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
... Or she made the whole thing up, though that's not where I'd put my money.

Me neither.

I’m no great fan of our civil court system, but it’s not like you can walk in with a totally contrived allegation and stand much of a chance of getting money out of it.

As far as him harassing her and then her later asking him to help her – it can happen.  These situations often seem to bring out a lot of contradictory actions on the part of both parties (kinda like a marriage as it starts to fail).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top