Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 11:32:27 AM EDT
They didn't say much  as of yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Based on my observations, there are lots of them, at least potentially.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, they're all over the place!  Muzzle-loading season's here!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing on the Web.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
October 13, 2004

Memphis, TN - More people have come forward claiming to be victims of the Sam Cooper Shooter. Originally, the Memphis Police Department reported it was investigating three reports of shootings that all occurred on Sam Cooper Blvd.

All vehicles involved were struck by bullets while traveling on Sam Cooper Blvd, between Hollywood and Tillman. But now officials say more people are coming forward and now they have revised the number to eight shootings along Sam Cooper since August. All of the incidents occurred during morning rush hour.

The Memphis Police Department Investigative Services division began a comprehensive investigation of the three shootings on October 11, 2004, after another victim filed a report.

The first reported incident occurred on August 8, 2004 and the most recent was reported yesterday October 11, 2004.

No one has been hurt and police don't know if the incidents are related.

Detectives are canvassing the neighborhood around Sam Cooper Boulevard to see if other shootings may have occurred. Investigators also are asking motorists whose vehicles have sustained unexplained damage to call police.

Sarah Hodges said she was driving her three children to school Monday when a back window of her car shattered. Police found part of a bullet in the back seat. It's been sent to the T-B-I crime lab.

Anyone with any information on these or other shootings in this area are urged to call CrimeStoppers 528-CASH(2274).
www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=2420156
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Look for a white guy in a white van.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Holy Shit! I was on Sam Cooper 2 hours ago! I guess I better check my truck for bullet holes!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
A sniper, huh?  No kidding.

Funny me, I thought snipers hit the occupants of vehicles, not just the vehicle.

Doesn't even sound like a sharpshooter to me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A sniper, huh?  No kidding.

Funny me, I thought snipers hit the occupants of vehicles, not just the vehicle.

Doesn't even sound like a sharpshooter to me.

Shit, that doesnt even score marksman.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#10]
i be smokin crack.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
October 13, 2004

Memphis, TN - More people have come forward claiming to be victims of the Sam Cooper Shooter. Originally, the Memphis Police Department reported it was investigating three reports of shootings that all occurred on Sam Cooper Blvd.

All vehicles involved were struck by bullets while traveling on Sam Cooper Blvd, between Hollywood and Tillman. But now officials say more people are coming forward and now they have revised the number to eight shootings along Sam Cooper since August. All of the incidents occurred during morning rush hour.

The Memphis Police Department Investigative Services division began a comprehensive investigation of the three shootings on October 11, 2004, after another victim filed a report.

The first reported incident occurred on August 8, 2004 and the most recent was reported yesterday October 11, 2004.

No one has been hurt and police don't know if the incidents are related.

Detectives are canvassing the neighborhood around Sam Cooper Boulevard to see if other shootings may have occurred. Investigators also are asking motorists whose vehicles have sustained unexplained damage to call police.

Sarah Hodges said she was driving her three children to school Monday when a back window of her car shattered. Police found part of a bullet in the back seat. It's been sent to the T-B-I crime lab.

Anyone with any information on these or other shootings in this area are urged to call CrimeStoppers 528-CASH(2274).
www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=2420156

Not to downplay the seriousness of the events or the idiot behind them, but I really wish they'd quit calling everyone with a rifle a sniper.

Crap, I could stand on an overpass w/ a kel-tec .380 and do more damage than that......

edit:
<---prays he never "comes forward claiming to be a victim" unless there's blood dripping from the wound.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if the the "victims" had poltical bumperstickers on their cars?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top