Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 6:28:14 AM EDT

since 1936 ONE licensed full auto machine gun has been used in a crime

I know about the Dayton OH. Police Officer in 1988, that is infact the one case that was stated. I also am aware of the Police officer who went buck nutty with a dept. issued MP5 some time in the last couple years, but that one I can't count because it was not a transferable, privetly owned weapon.

Does anyone know where to look to actually verify the claim that the 1988 incident in Dayton was the only one since 1936?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Recently an illegal,un-registered machine gun was used to shoot a young man in I believe Geneva ohio.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Recently an illegal,un-registered machine gun was used to shoot a young man in I believe Geneva ohio.

Doesn't help, but thanks. I'm looking for info on legaly possed transferable, civilian owned, non LE dept. machineguns used in crime since 1936.

I keep finding mention of the 88 incident in Dayton, but nothing else. I just need to have something that will show that as being the only one since 1936 to the present.

ETA: but it has to be a verifiable source from a study or something. Like  DOJ or NIJ or ATF report or FBI report or something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top