Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:50:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you leave the firearm in your vehicle, (I assume that it will be hidden from view) you will be ok.

I work at the airport and have not seen any posting against it. I do know as long as you do not go past the check point your fine.

I also know that employees are forbidden from carrying firearms while on duty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
In utah, pistols must be left in your car.  

Just conceal it in your car, don't do anything stupid, and you'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about Texas but it Okeedokee here in AZ.

Been to the airport quite a few times to pick up visitors and of course I carry. (CCW also) Right after 9/11 it kinda wigged out the vehicle inspectors but after consultation with higher-higher on the walkie talkie I was waved through.

FWIU, it's actually legal to carry right up to the security checkpoint. I haven't YET, as I generally get to the airport with little time to waste (read: time it takes getting the once-over from security that hasn't been briefed properly on the law) so I leave my handgun in the truck. Should security situations change radically, I'll carry in the terminal as long as it's allowed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
you can CHL carry in all areas of the airport EXCEPT inside the secured area.
(so no trying to walk thru metal detectors)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#6]
just dont be drunk when you pullinto the airport. i was at G.S. last year and i know how you are. and no passin out at the front gate. take it from me, this is dangerous and uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Careful about such blanket statements.  You CANNOT CCW ANYWHERE in the terminal of Ohio airports, secure area or not.

That's our law.

ETA: Ooops, I see now you are talking about DFW.  Nevertheless, one should not assume that CCW is OK in ALL airport terminals outside of the secure areas.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Careful about such blanket statements.  You CANNOT CCW ANYWHERE in the terminal of Ohio airports, secure area or not.

That's our law.

ETA: Ooops, I see now you are talking about DFW.  Nevertheless, one should not assume that CCW is OK in ALL airport terminals outside of the secure areas.

I have also heard ANYWHERE on Airport property is not allowed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
In utah, pistols must be left in your car.  

Just conceal it in your car, don't do anything stupid, and you'll be just fine.

Whoops, there's the catch!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#12]
TRG,
I've flown into and out of DFW w/ Firearms (mainly CCW pistol) several times.  As previously posted , just not secured areas/no metal detectors  (i.e., the check-in desk is where you must disclose your weaps when flying).  
Shouldn't be a problem if you are just passin thru to pick up someone....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top