Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 2:41:40 AM EDT
When did Halloween become an event that needed lights?  Decorations yes, costumes yes, but lights?

Also whats up with the easter tree, when did that start.

Way this looks in 5 years we are going to be planning to go cut out Thanksgivign trees or something, or planning to go hunt groundhog for groundhog day.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
When the company making Christmas lights started losing money they had to figure new ways to market their product.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Just more shit to sell and make money on.

I was at Target today and was really pissed off to see that the there was actually more Christmas stuff out than Halloween.  They had the Halloween gear up front but the shelves behind it were loaded down with x-mas lights, trees, decorations.

I've gave up on the whole damn thing years ago.  All of it has been twisted beyond recogntion.  It's not about fun or goodwill anymore.  Hell it can't be about anything religious (Christmas, that is) since that would "offend" too many people in this insane "society" we've constructed.

Maybe when I move to small-town America some of my cynicism will abate, but I've been in urban settings for too many years.  It's just about money and nothing else anymore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
What are you considering small town Airwolf, I dont get out much, but trips to stores or even watching TV exposes me to it.

I dont live in a small town, but not a huge city really.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm currently living in San Diego County.  My city is around 100k population and were considered the 'burbs here.

I'm currently planning to relocate to N. Idaho (most likely around Sandpoint [pop 6,000]) so that would put me FIRMLY in rural, small-town America.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I spent some time in Montana (Whitehall), I dont think I could live there mainly due to lack of sources to get things, and I dont like driving long distances to get to places.

I also dont like most the people I see knowing me.

Plus getting a job would be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm currently living in San Diego County.  My city is around 100k population and were considered the 'burbs here.

I'm currently planning to relocate to N. Idaho (most likely around Sandpoint [pop 6,000]) so that would put me FIRMLY in rural, small-town America.

Hope you do relocate! We don't mind conservative Californians moving in, but to be safe you might not want to spread that around until people get to know you. Also, if you want to be accepted by the rural community, try not to invest all your money in your house. We have out of state people who move from modest homes in CA and buy 6000+ square foot mansions here for the same money. That will put you in amongst a more liberal crowd and it will make you look at first like a liberal moving in. Just a little advice from someone who has spent his life here. Welcome! Planerench out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top