Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 1:41:56 AM EDT
Ok I know they make great CCW holsters and crap, but they make you look very lame. My wife and I always laugh at people that we see wearing them. Its not 1990 anymore. Wearing one of those things makes it look like your belt ate a small rodent.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont wear them, could never bring myself to it
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had one in 5'th grade. Then I realized how dorky they made me look.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imaging if you had one with alot of change in it and someone cockpunched you
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:50:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imaging if you had one with alot of change in it and someone cockpunched you

Yeah you balls not might hurt but you'd still ook like a dork and women wouldn't want to be aroudn you... I'll take a shot to the nards and the women too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was travelling for business a lot I used to use a travel document case that I got at Brookstone.

It was PERFECT (and yeah, it could qualify as a "man purse" ).  About the size of a book, tons of pockets, card and pen holders etc...  Basic black ballistic nylon.  I had that for years (it's probably still around here somewhere).

For the day to day stuff now, I just use my riggers belt for the cell, Gerber, flashlight (don't have a CA. CCW)  If on the road for any extended time, out comes the safari vest.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried to wear one since the summers here are insanely hot and humid.  I just couldn't keep doing it, because I looked like a dork.  I have decided that I just need to buy an small handgun that is easier to conceal before next summer gets here.  Thank God the weather is cooling off now.  It was actually kinda chilly tonight.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Fanny Pack= Queer

Man Purse, thats ok
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]
No to fanny packs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a backpack, smallish, that I carry instead. Not quite as gay, but just as handy.

Fanny packs are right up there with shorts and black socks on the lame-o-meter.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:39:57 AM EDT
[#10]
No fag bag for me thanx.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I really wish they weren't so dorky, because they really can help carrying your weapon as well as your SHTF mini-kit.

But they stick out too much, literaly and figureatively....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:28:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Worn one for years. Gave up caring about what other people think. Plus, I am in and out of the plane so much and over and under doing inspections I got tired of emptying pockets and just put all my crap in the pack and just snap it off when needed. It works for me. Also, I have a reputation as the worst dressed guy on the airport and routinely get people offering to buy me new clothes. I never understood the benefit of wearing good clothes to work just to ruin. Oh, well. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I wear mine when I ride my bike.

I could care less what someone else thinks about me .

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:52:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Times past, every man carried a "Possibles Bag" on his preson. They carried thier shot, powder, primers, extra nipples for thier rifles and everyting else they needed to survive. The earliest survivalist(sp?) types. Neveer knew what you needed to explore the west.

When did this trend stop...  fullclip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top