Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 1:35:58 AM EDT
I haven't seen ANY, even a Swifty ad, on TV at ALL..... All I have seen are some for the local congressional runners.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a few but I dont watch much TV, they were at someone elses house.

What state are you in?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#2]

I don't watch local channels.  I Tivo 98% of what I view so not only have I not seen any political commercials, I don't watch the regular ones either.

My brain (and blood pressure) have thanked me for the past 4+ years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
You probably either live in

A)one of those small insignificant states where your votes don't matter

Or

B)one of those states that are so locked up in favor of one candidate that advertising there makes no sense.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You probably either live in

A)one of those small insignificant states where your votes don't matter

Or

B)one of those states that are so locked up in favor of one candidate that advertising there makes no sense.

I think GA is pretty much for Bush.

I told liberal coworkers it no use voting for Kerry since Ga is going to go for Bush regardless.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I very rarely see a Kerry bumper sticker or yard sign (don't think i have seen any) in Georgia.  Bush has this state hands down (60% i think).
But i still see the commercials.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I very rarely see a Kerry bumper sticker or yard sign (don't think i have seen any) in Georgia.  Bush has this state hands down (60% i think).
But i still see the commercials.

There is a few here, but I try to keep the population down.

Someone put thiers behind the fence instead of at the curb
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in P.R.N.Y.
but our cable comapny is based in PA and we see none, my wife hasn't seen one either.

We dont watch alot of TV but damn, you'd think you would see ONE....

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I see them all the time on DishNetwork.  On FoxNews, they mainly play Bush and Swiftboat ads.  I rarely watch local channels, so I can't say if they are being played there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#9]
No TV, so I haven't seen any that way.

I *have* gone to the swiftvets website to watch their commercials.....but that doesn't really count since I went and found them rather than getting bombarded with them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I turned my TV off about six months ago and haven't looked back .
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#11]
yes.  Every commercial break here on local tv has at least 2 ads minimum.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:12:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll agree with the others...sounds like NY isn't playing a lot of political stuff because they know it would be a waste of time/money.  Kerry has a firm grip on NY's throat and there's no way Bush is gonna be able to take it.

Of course, there's the other idea that you actually have a life and are not wasting away on the couch like so many of us!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, my wife and I went off for the weekend to PA and it seemed like every other ad was a political ad.  We live in VA and the only time I have seen them is on the big cable channels.  VA is pretty solidly locked up for W I think.

I must say, the sKerry ads are pretty nauseating.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I've only seen a few and that's on Fox news. I am in a RED state so no sense wasting money on us here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top