Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 1:35:49 AM EDT
Listen to this story and tell me what you guys think.

I flew back to CA to visit family over the weekend, and ended up seeing something hilarious.

At around 9:30 PM CA time, I heard some serious tire screaching out my window. It turns out some kids were doing donuts in their little piece of shit car a couple of blocks away. I looked out my bedroom window and saw the car start to turn down the street that runs parallel to my house and head in my direction. As the car started to passby my house, I could see from my window that a local PD car had just left the Jack in the Box and start after them.... it turns out he pulled them over right after they had turned onto my street; they ended up stopping right in front of my house. It looked like the driver and passenger couldn't have been more than 15 or 16, and they called out probably half the cops in my small city of about 50,000 people to respond.

All in all, 11 cop cars, and 1 SUV rolling back up unit showed up. The SUV rolling back up units are driven by a Sgt. and carry heavy weapons in the back. I found this seriously hilarious. It wasn't like these kids went on a OJ Simpson style car chase through the city... they were pulled over after 3 blocks, and ended up having probably half of my local PD doing a felon stop on them with guns drawn for doing donuts.

No... the car wasn't stolen by the way.... but I did see a couple of baggies on top of the roof of the car. Still... that much firer power for 2 teenagers.... this seems like crazy overkill to me.

Am I alone in this????    
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
What ever happend to being able to raise a little hell.

Back when you were my age did you lay drag, do doughnuts, or stuff like that?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
my guess would be they all had nothign else going on so the decided to scare the kids straight...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my guess would be they all had nothign else going on so the decided to scare the kids straight...

Probaly so.
Would have been better served raiding a local crackhouse
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If I didn't drive a little piece of shit Jap car... then I would be doing burn outs and donuts right now...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I think most small town police are just bored alot.  I got hit in a minor accident awhile back, no one was hurt, other guy had insurance, everything was fine.  6 cars responded.  Most of them just stood around BS'ing it seems while 2 interviewed me and the other guy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I didn't drive a little piece of shit Jap car... then I would be doing burn outs and donuts right now...

I can go do them, but now they are hardcore on that kind of stuff.

Same was as they want my car to have mufflers....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#7]
What was really funny was that they were goin to let the passenger go... they had even called his mother to come pick him up.

Then he started talkin shit to the cops and they slammed his ass on the pavement and sat on him... I saw it all from my kitchen... I was crackin' up.

They put the passenger in the back seat of the cop car... and then you could hear the kid whinning from the back seat... "why did you hit me officer, why did you hit me." LOL

The officer yelled out load, "you'll shut the fuck up if you know what's good for you". Then he went back to eating his Jack in the Box in the middle of the street. I couldn't stop laughing.

They left one cop behind after towing the car so he could let the kids mom know what happened when she showed up.

What a dumbass... he was going home before getting an attitude. Just goes to show never get between a cop and his JACK in the Box. LOL
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you let the dog out?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you let the dog out?

what???
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you let the dog out?

what???

Keep an eye on that dog if you know what's good for him.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you must have missed the part in the article about the boys having 3 dozen Krispy Kremes in the back seat!

[I live in a bigger city and our general orders limit the amount of cars in pursuit to 2 plus a Sgt.]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think you must have missed the part in the article about the boys having 3 dozen Krispy Kremes in the back seat!

www.charlesmckeebooks.com/krispy.jpg

[I live in a bigger city and our general orders limit the amount of cars in pursuit to 2 plus a Sgt.]

I had to drive around in a box truck full of them things...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What was really funny was that they were goin to let the passenger go... they had even called his mother to come pick him up.

Then he started talkin shit to the cops and they slammed his ass on the pavement and sat on him... I saw it all from my kitchen... I was crackin' up.

They put the passenger in the back seat of the cop car... and then you could hear the kid whinning from the back seat... "why did you hit me officer, why did you hit me." LOL

The officer yelled out load, "you'll shut the fuck up if you know what's good for you". Then he went back to eating his Jack in the Box in the middle of the street. I couldn't stop laughing.

They left one cop behind after towing the car so he could let the kids mom know what happened when she showed up.

What a dumbass... he was going home before getting an attitude. Just goes to show never get between a cop and his JACK in the Box. LOL

yea haha show that little punk who's boss

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#14]
i did doughnuts and dragging and all that way past age 21...but when the cops showed up i was always nice and polite and we'd b.s. about my car and i'd pop the hood, and they'd ask me if i'd been fishin lately, shit like that. very small town. i did get 6 tickets one year though. all over 100mph.

shit, i was paying for the new station, they had to like me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The poopoo where hoping there might be dogs in the car.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#16]

A picture of one of those 300lb "city's finest" with fast-food grease spots on his blouse is popping into my head as I read this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it me or are there just way more cops out on the streets now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember when it was OK to raise a little hell, but people in general-especially in PRK-have taken raising a little hell to an absurdly higher level and therefore there's zero tolerence from the law.

I, too, went through a hotrod period. Got some tickets. Got pulled over a few times by LEOs that just wanted to see what I had under the hood. But we used common sense and didn't drive recklessly in residential neighborhoods, etc. Back in the late 70s-early 80s it was much easier for a cop to chew your ass out, warn you and send you off on your way.

Not anymore. CYA, ridiculously irresponsible behavior and lawsuits put an end to that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#19]
What were the "Heavy weapons"? 105 mm recoiless?  Maybe an M-2 or a MK 19?  I know, an 81mm mortar?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#20]
High speed pursuits, especially on quiet days, tend to draw a covey of officers. I have watched a geo metro get jumped by 6-8 marked units after a 15minute chase just because as the officers converge trying to box the kid in the number of routes of escape multiply. When all the escape routes are covered and everyone gets to ground zero you can end up with quite a posse. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just goes to show never get between a cop and his JACK in the Box. LOL

This is truer than you know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probaly so.

Hell I thought you guys didn't want us raiding crack houses anymore. Might get the wrong one and end up caping a dog.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probaly so.

Hell I thought you guys didn't want us raiding crack houses anymore. Might get the wrong one and end up caping a dog.

you guys? which guys are those?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to race a Sgt light to light down the main street of my home town.  The secret always let him win
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep, that sounds like alot.

2 cops for each stop is typical at night. Add one more cop for each additional suspect.  If they need to be interviewed seperately, then seperate police cars for each suspect.  Sgt should be out & about, checking up on his troops.

Sometimes other cops will show up to bring equipment that not everyone carries, digital camera, NIK Kit, PAS, ect. Or they may show up to shoot the shit with their buddies or becuase they are board.

I have little tolerance for street racers since they kill way more people than black rifle owners ever will.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#27]
btt
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:42:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think most small town police are just bored alot.  I got hit in a minor accident awhile back, no one was hurt, other guy had insurance, everything was fine.  6 cars responded.  Most of them just stood around BS'ing it seems while 2 interviewed me and the other guy.

I see the same thing in my small town.  I came upon a very minor accident the other day on my way home from work where one car had bumped into the rear of another.  They didnt even hit hard enough to break headlights/taillight, but 4 cops came SCREAMING into the intersection, lights and sirens blaring as though there had been a bank robbery.

Have seen the same thing many times with minor traffic violations.  Saw a young teenage girl pulled over, and it took 3 cars to respond.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Same thing in my small town too. Our department has made several million dollar drug bust on the interstate so we have lots of officers ( in a town of 2500) who are of the high speed, low drag type. Every traffic stop is a felony stop to them. They have run the high school kids out of town at night and on the weekends. They can not park on a lot anywhere and talk without being run off and will be stopped for cruising. Now all the kids go to the next bigger town up the road and hang out at the mall or cruise the strip in that town because the cops dont know them there. They are also going out in the country to park and party and that causes more problems.

That's progress I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top