Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 12:24:43 AM EDT
ON ITS OWN!

It's about 2 1/2 years old and it just beeped as I was sitting here reading posts... I flipped it open to see if I had a low battery and it was going through the re-boot cycle like I just turned it on.... Battery is charged....

It's an older phone too..No GPS or camera or 2-way walkie talkie..Just a plain old phone...

OK..Who has my tin foil hat?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
They are coming to get you.

Hurry tape the phone to the cat and tie some cans to its tail.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
that means they activated the gps locator!!!!

RUN!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are coming to get you.

Hurry tape the phone to the cat and tie some cans to its tail.

No, they're probably just logging on to watch me...I think I should get nekkid and do a 'happy dance' for them....

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's old, maybe it getting ready to croak.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a newer motorola phone.  Mine rebooted because it received an upgrade from t-mobile.  In the options menu you can turn that off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Knock, knock, Neo...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]
... I've notice that as cell phones age, they sometimes have a penchant for the battery / phone interface to deteriorate. I've used cell phones every since they became publicly available and in general, they've always been left on. The weakest link has always been the terminals. And yes, I've had nearly all my phone do that at one time or another.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... I've notice that as cell phones age, they sometimes have a penchant for the battery / phone interface to deteriorate. I've used cell phones every since they became publicly available and in general, they've always been left on. The weakest link has always been the terminals. And yes, I've had nearly all my phone do that at one time or another.

+1 - check/clean the battery contacts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:42:18 AM EDT
[#9]
If I don't turn mine off and then back on about every 4-5 days it'll not get signal.  It's an LG 4400 something no camera but has a color LCD screen.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Mines less then a year old and does the same thing. It also has water damage from something, I have no clue what since I have never touched it with water on my hands. Just waiting anxiously for my inusrance to be in effect for 30 days then it is being replaced.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The stupid seimens phone I had did that all the time....

KAC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top