Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 10:50:38 PM EDT
I get this pimple in the same spot on my arm all the time, I pop it and it comes back, the little fucker.

How do you get rid of it, besides cutting off the arm.
It is the darnest little thing.

Maybe its smallpox? lol
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You arent getting all of the core when you pop it.  Go to your local pharmacy, and ask for Ichthammol ointment.  If he doesn't know what it is, tell him its a black salve that smells like diesel.  If still doesnt know, slap him and get a new pharmacist.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I get this pimple in the same spot on my arm all the time, I pop it and it comes back, the little fucker.

How do you get rid of it, besides cutting off the arm.
It is the darnest little thing.

Maybe its smallpox? lol

Hehe.  I don't know man, Dermatology is more difficult than most people realize.  Sure it's not a cyst?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
and now, ARFCOM brings you:

Doctor ARFCOM!!!!!!

The weekly thread in bodily harm, care, and out right death!!!

brought to you by the makers of this thread.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ipecac syrup... will heal you right up. Make sure you eat alot first before taking it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
and now, ARFCOM brings you:

Doctor ARFCOM!!!!!!

The weekly thread in bodily harm, care, and out right death!!!

brought to you by the makers of this thread.

Hahaha, ah I love doctor Arfcom, the price is right, and I can't sue if I am dead any how.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Better hygeine?  If it's around a hair folicle, it could be because it's irritated.  I got foliculitis from using a soap my skin didn't like and I had pimples on every hair folicle on my forearm for a week.  It really, really sucked.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ipecac syrup... will heal you right up. Make sure you eat alot first before taking it.

Ill take it then vomit down your throat.

Lovely picture aint it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a cigerette if it stats bothering you to much, then you'll have a cool scar you can tell the girls you got it
"from defending an old woman that had fallen and was attacked by a rabid ....well whatever"
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Better hygeine?  If it's around a hair folicle, it could be because it's irritated.  I got foliculitis from using a soap my skin didn't like and I had pimples on every hair folicle on my forearm for a week.  It really, really sucked.

I consider myself clean, maybe its a hair thing. I have pretty sensitive skin and hairy to boot lol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like it's an irritation issue then.  Use a milder soap and make sure you don't let sweat stay on that area long enough to irritate it.  Or, live with the pimple.

I'm not an MD, but after all the medical problems I've been privy to with myself, my wife, and my kids, I know a lot more about dermatology than I should.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lovely picture aint it.

Well.... Seeing that you are SO IRRITABLE and have a pimple... are you on the rag?? Riding the cotton pony? having a visit from your friend?

Bitch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
gasp! no one has said it yet, so I will.....

TANNERITE!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot it off, it lets you become one with your gun
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!

ETA: whatever happened to that thread anyways?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Rub some dirt on it, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Put some windex on it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I recommend you use a   or a to get rid of it PERMANENTLY.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You arent getting all of the core when you pop it.  Go to your local pharmacy, and ask for Ichthammol ointment.  If he doesn't know what it is, tell him its a black salve that smells like diesel.  If still doesnt know, slap him and get a new pharmacist.

Is that what that stuff is?  My dad used to have some old army first aid kits he kept, they had a tube of some awful smelling black stuff that would heal just about anything a young dumb kid could do to himself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like cancer.  Time to make a will.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quit your bitching.  If I wanted to hear about zits I'd go to DU.  When you ask for medical advice on Arfcom it's supposed to be about serious, scary shit that you're treating at home.

Something like, "I bleed a quart of blood out my asshole everyday, I'm pale and down to 113 pounds, should I go see a doctor?"

Or, "I cut my foot off in a chainsaw accident, how can I treat it at home to save the $15 emergency room co-pay?"

That's the kind of medical shit we want here, not your zit.

And one more thing:  you're not fooling anybody, we know it's on your ass, not your arm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Worthless without pics.

With a pic we could determine the TYPE of zit  and suggest the proper rememdy.

NOTE:  I am not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Ingrown hair, not a pimple.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#25]
It might be a tumor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lovely picture aint it.

no, but how long until this is some pron fetish?

TXL
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#27]
[chris rock] You need some Tussin, boy.  Tussin'll take care of it [/chris rock]

Woody
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ingrown hair, not a pimple.

SGatr15

5tRs1Ga might be right.  IF so....

If there's a hair you can see (might look like shaving stubble), grip it firmly with tweezers.

Then pull steadily (don't yank, or it'll break off).  It WILL hurt.  You'll be surprised how long the hair is.

Treat as normal - keep it clean, squeeze gently to eject the fun gunk inside, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Removal instructions below

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like cancer to me.A BIG tumer that has sent a malignant tentacle to the surface(the pimple).

The only other thing it could possibly be.........is AIDS.Either way you are doomed.This is what comes of jerking off using gun oil as a...........lube.Kiss your ass goodby.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It might be a tumor.

IZ NOT A TUMOR!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Pop it and make sure you get the little sack out. The one that contains the puss. Even if you get all the puss out, if you leave the sack, the zit will reform. Then use a Q-tip on the hole with some Hydrogen Peroxide. Let that stuff work it's way in and eat the crap in the pore or what ever. Oh ya, it never hurts to use soap once in a while either.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#33]
You're gonna die
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Is it a "pimple", a small staph infection with a wet, pussy center, or is it a cebaceous cyst, filled with an odiferous, cheesy substance...often with a hard, sometimes black surface top?  Orrrrr.....is it a hard ball type structure under the skin that requires tools to dig out?

Nasty...I know... but they ARE different creatures.

The first is like acne and is a true pimple.  Think a micro-boil.  These are caused by a strain of staphloccocus.  They usually pop fairly easily and don't return.

The second one is a cyst with an opening to the top layer of your derma.  This one is easily squeezed out, often leaving a noticeable hole that eventually fills right back up again.  This one is tough to eradicate.

The last one is an encapsulated cyst that must be removed with needles, razor blades or scalpel like knives.  You must get the sac out or this one will recur as well.

As has been already stated...try to get rid of it, then treat with a disinfectant...like H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide.)  Should clear up OK if you are successful in removing the source.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#35]
BATHE!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Alright, I took out the old hunting knife, heated it up on the grill and fried the bastard to hell.

No not really but you guys would have loved that with a short movie you sick bastards

I do take showers and wash myself good about 2-3 times a day depending on the day. So I don't see that as a problem, sorry guys not a dirty monkey.

Oh well got suck it up and live with the little bastard I guess for a while

And you think you have it rough, I got a god dam pimple
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I do take showers and wash myself good about 2-3 times a day

Your  a clean freek, now I know why a simple pimple bothers you ....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I do take showers and wash myself good about 2-3 times a day

Your  a clean freek, now I know why a simple pimple bothers you ....

Lmao, are your serious I am a clean freak. Oh god. No I am not I am pretty normal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#39]
This will get rid of the little bugger...

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

store.digitalfaucet.com/gallery/grater.jpg

What is it, a long pole?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#41]
No 2-3 shower a day is not normal. Unless your a prostitute. In which case it's not a pimple.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]
May not be your run of the mill pimple. Seems like your immune system is having problems dealing with the "bug". Over the last few years we have seen a rapid growth in antibiotic resistant microorganisms. I would have your M.D. check it out. This sounds suspiciously like methicillin resistant staphlococcus aureous (sp). I have seen quite a few of these infections in all kinds of people that you wouldn't expect. The usual way I have seen it manifest itself is a "pimple" or "boil" that just won't go away even after draining and application of antibiotic ointment. If that is what it is, IV Vancomycin is generally the treatment. Left untreated may result in a much more severe infection that is very difficult to control. Don't want to scare you but that is a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#43]
One shower per day. That's what normal clean people need. Any more than that can dry out the skin excessively, or cause other issues.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

store.digitalfaucet.com/gallery/grater.jpg

What is it, a long pole?

It be a Zit/$1.98 Tattoo Remover...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It might be a tumor.

IZ NOT A TUMOR!

IZ NOT A TUMOR, AT ALL!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#46]
  Is it a "pimple", a small staph infection with a wet, pussy center,or is it a cebaceous cyst, filled with an odiferous, cheesy substance...often with a hard, sometimes black surface top? Orrrrr.....is it a hard ball type structure under the skin that requires tools to dig out?
 Am I the only one who caught this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#48]
quote]Quoted:
Is it a "pimple", a small staph infection with a wet, pussy center, or is it a cebaceous cyst, filled with an odiferous, cheesy substance...often with a hard, sometimes black surface top?  Orrrrr.....is it a hard ball type structure under the skin that requires tools to dig out
Am i the only one who caught this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Pop it and make sure you get the little sack out. The one that contains the puss. Even if you get all the puss out, if you leave the sack, the zit will reform. Then use a Q-tip on the hole with some Hydrogen Peroxide. Let that stuff work it's way in and eat the crap in the pore or what ever. Oh ya, it never hurts to use soap once in a while either.

Sick and nasty the lot of ya! Serves me right for clickin here when everyting in me screamed NOOOO!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top