Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 8:15:33 PM EDT
Am I alone?

I am tired of debating about the debates....I can no longer muster the energy to concern myself with current events, am sick of hearing about the fkn elections.....basically, after a few years of nothing but bad news...Im starting to just not care much anymore. Although all of the things I mention affect us all, can any one of us actually do a damn thing about any of it?

I dont feel the need to convince others of what I know to be true...im sick of the work it takes to make a liberal STFU and think about something....ANYTHING...and consider how full of shit they are.

Am I it, or is someone else tired of all the politics, beheadings, ROP, etc ?

Can't we just go back to talking about guns?
Fk it - Im going to sleep - I will see if anyone even responds to this in the morning.

Instead of counting sheep, I will count the number of threads that have the word "Debate", "Election", or "Kerry" in the title...probably more devoted to those topics than all the gun related posts combined...oh well....Im no "psycho-politician here.....but isnt it interesting that more of us bitch about the DU, and spend time trolling at the DU...than just talking about ammo and gear...weird....guess this is the byproduct of an election year during a war.

Im out
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
3 more weeks! you need to get your second wind!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Steady.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well i agree there should be more gun topics, politics is important, because if politics goes wrong we wont talk about guns anymore.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well i agree there should be more gun topics, politics is important, because if politics goes wrong we wont talk about guns anymore.

nope....we USE them!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Im so n so and I approve this...... blam blam blam blam blam blam DIE YOU MUTHA! blam blam (blue screen)
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
keep your chin up
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You'd better be interested, that is if you still want to be free.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope....we USE them!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Just one word- "VOTE"
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
While I realize that "Politics will take an interest in you, wether you take an interest in them or not", I bloody hate this shit.  I burnt out on the election stuff in fucking June, and every time I look at it now I am mentally sickened.  I turn the channel when it concerns politics, and its all I can do to watch the debate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I havent really been watching much of it, my decision is already made,
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have pretty much stopped all news media input because I am so tired of political crap.  I just want this election to be over.  I know who I am voting for and I don't need to hear any more lies or misrepresentations about my candidate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Not me. I am a hopeless junkie.  I risk getting fired to read about this stuff on the internet at work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I am. It's all a scam anyway. Think about it, you as a voter have to choose between two parties, Republican or Democrat, and those parties choose one candidate (for you). Then you go cast a vote, kind of like making a request really because there is another small group of people that actually cast the electoral vote and they can vote against the majority (popular vote) if they wish. So, what it all comes down to is a small number of people making choices for us or at least narrowing down our choices. I would like to see a common man/woman, non-carreer politician, hold the high office just once. And..with the technology that we have available, can someone tell me why in the hell we can't vote via telephone or computer using our SS number as a PIN rather than relying on the inaccurate method of punch cards and hand counting? (and the majority >popular< vote wins) I believe the current system is riddled with flaws and therefore can be easily manipulated (Florida).
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been sick of this shit for the last four years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I really don't care for the stuff, but I do take as much interest as is necessary for my own survival.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I just want it to be over.  With a Bush victory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top