Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 11:31:20 AM EDT
Is there much demand for the "pre-ban" version of this rifle in the non-free states?  I have one I'm thinking about selling. I just bought an M4 kit and am thinking about getting a new non-neutered 20" rifle. This one does not have the bayonet lug, but is a pre-ban bought in '92. It's also a slab side with large holes.

What's the interest level on mine? Could I get enough to buy a new rifle out of the deal if I sold it to someone in a non-free state?  My impression is that Colt's are not highly regarded even in the non-free states because of the odd pin sizes.

Edit because I'm an idiot.  After reading my post again, it was hard to tell what I was asking.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My impression is that Colt's are not highly regarded even in the non-free states.

Class envy
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It's like a Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford thing.

I have a Colt HBAR and it operates flawlessly, accurate as hell. Piece of American history.

It's not the only brand of AR I own, and I actually have my eye on a Bushy at a local pawnshop also.

You've found a good deal on a Colt? Go for it. In spite of what you'll read here they're great rifles. Certainly better than some other brands.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's like a Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford thing.

I have a Colt HBAR and it operates flawlessly, accurate as hell. Piece of American history.

It's not the only brand of AR I own, and I actually have my eye on a Bushy at a local pawnshop also.

You've found a good deal on a Colt? Go for it. In spite of what you'll read here they're great rifles. Certainly better than some other brands.

Sorry, not looking to buy a Colt.  I want to buy a new rifle, but I don't get wrapped up around a name.  I'll buy a Colt if it uses standard sized pins.  Also looking at Bushmaster, Rock River, DPMS, whatever.  Not picky.  I'll even build my own if my M4 project goes well.

I edited my original post to actually explain what I was asking.  I'm a numbnuts sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump because I'm curious.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a DPMS (the "other" I mentioned) and except for being a little finnicky with mags (usually the cheap steel ones) it operates and shoots good also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top