Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 8:03:27 PM EDT

A gaping hole in the hull of the USS Cole testifies to the force of the suicide terrorist bombing that killed 17 sailors as the U.S. Navy vessel was docked in Yemen on October 12, 2000. Counterterrorism officials later concluded that the bombing was carried out by al-Qaeda.

"We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance."
Hanoi-John Kerry, October 10, 2004.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, I don't think that enough people understand the significance of what that means.

FAR too easy to explain it away in some peoples minds I'm afriad........
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you suppose would happen if Bush look over at Kerry and starts yelling at him, berating him, for failing to understand the threat the terrosrists represent, and what a collosal travesty it is that the Democrats would nominate such an asswipe, and even more tragic that any would vote for him?  Quoting his "nuisance" statement, in the process.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
An attack on a military target is not terrorism.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Face it... Kerry will hear about the bad press from his statement... and flip flop it right over.

"Terrorism is a serious and grave threat, that is all Bushs fault."  

Sometime tomorrow.  Guarenteed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

An attack by terrorists on any target is terrorism.  
However, any attack by any group or nation on the U.S. is an act of war and should be dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're right. It's a "nuisance".

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple of these little rascals got  a good talking to for being naughty.

www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/29/yemen.cole/index.html
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Terrorism is an attack on civilian targets for the purpose of influencing the policy of the target nation. It is worse than sloppy to suggest that an attack on a man of war is terrorism. Such an attack, even if perpetrated by an irregular or otherwise nonstate force, is an act of war but it manifestly is not terrorism. If attacking the Cole was terrorism, so was the sinking of the Bismarck. People who attack American property or interests should be hunted down and killed, but if they aren't attacking civilians, they shouldn't be called terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
was it really 4 years ago, I remember that like it was yesterday
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]

FLAL1A, I'm not disagreeing with you. IMO, it was an act of war.

My point was that the man who half the country is gonna vote for President thinks it's merely a "nuisance" and just something we have to learn to live with... like gambling or prostitution.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Kerry as President = "OOPS" by America.

Honest to God, if that guy wins the top spot, there's gonna be one big RESOLUTE "I TOLD YOU FUCKING SO" by the Right Side.
Problem is, we'll have a helluva price to pay to be able to say it.

Get your 'I didn't vote for him' bumper stickers ready.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Kerry as President = "OOPS" by America.

Honest to God, if that guy wins the top spot, there's gonna be one big RESOLUTE "I TOLD YOU FUCKING SO" by the Right Side.
Problem is, we'll have a helluva price to pay to be able to say it.

Get your 'I didn't vote for him' bumper stickers ready.

Big MoFo'ing +1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
was it really 4 years ago, I remember that like it was yesterday

Yep.

October 12, 2000 = USS Cole Bombing.
October 12, 2002 = Bali Resort Bombing.
October 12, 2004 = ???

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Terrorism is an attack on civilian targets for the purpose of influencing the policy of the target nation. It is worse than sloppy to suggest that an attack on a man of war is terrorism. Such an attack, even if perpetrated by an irregular or otherwise nonstate force, is an act of war but it manifestly is not terrorism. If attacking the Cole was terrorism, so was the sinking of the Bismarck. People who attack American property or interests should be hunted down and killed, but if they aren't attacking civilians, they shouldn't be called terrorists.

Yep
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#16]
October 12, 2000 = USS Cole Bombing.
October 12, 2002 = Bali Resort Bombing.
October 12, 2004 = ???

Umm, You're scarin me dude! I'll have to carry the AR with me today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top