Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 7:17:32 PM EDT
We recently went through some family issues which caused our parenting skills to come under the county microscope. Falsely! It turns out that anyone can make an allegation about anyone claiming anything against them. Then comes the DCF Investigator to my home and unbeknownst to me they also visit my eldest daughter at school for questioning. So, we are forced to jump through the specified hoops in order to prove our fitness as parents. Final result, they go away!

The entire process, I found highly invasive. To say how pissed off I was would fail to properly convey the myriad of emotions which flooded my senses. Lucky for DCF, they backed the fuck off once they saw the allegations were false and our hoop jumping was minimal. Nontheless, the threat from an agency which loses children and employs drunks and drug addicts in charge of the welfare of children, struck me as disgusting. At one point with the case worker and LEO standing in my living room, the gravity of the situation propelled me into a contained rage. As the case worker spoke to us about the allegations and the case, my "Kill Switch flipped." The LEO was doing the ususal Cop fidgeting of his gear, radio and murdering his gum beyond ID. I knew that the action of taking my children from me would be the motivating reflex. We all have bloody thoughts.

I know some guys don't have kids or family, but what flips your kill switch?

HS1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind 'da switch'. Tell us - are you going to backtrail the motherfucker that tried to screw with you? 'False Charges' should come up in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

HS1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

HS1

I guess that's a 'Yes'. Good hunting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
what? you really need to fill us in. Was it a king of the hill sort of situation where some limp wrist liberal was being a pussy?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

I guess that's a 'Yes'. Good hunting.

I ought to post an old SEC tale regarding Neighbor Bob's problem.........
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Harm to a child.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Threaten my family--with intent to do them harm--time to get it on.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Alot of things do, people who think they are soo fucking special really piss me off.

I get really pissed over alot of things, its not easy to keep myself calmed down
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Fucking with my family and friends...and animal cruelty.  I watch Animal Cops on Animal Planet from time to time...I swear, I'd flip out my first day on the job and murder someone.  They had a colt on there that was starved for 18 months...couldn't even stand up, and it was kept in some super small enclosure for it's whole short pitiful life.  How it lived as long as it did, no one can figure.  The vet had to put it down, way too far gone to save it.  Each time I watch I promise never to watch ever again..it's that infuriating.   I don't now how people do that job w/o going back to inflict some justice.  

How anyone can knowingly do this stuff to animals  is beyond me...but they sure do need a visit from the MacManus brothers.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
It is unwise for folks to post about specific scenarios, but I understand how you might be enraged in a situation like that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Threaten my family--with intent to do them harm--time to get it on.  

You come after me or mine and it's time to dance. I couldn't agree with ya'll any more. mad
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]

I knew that the action of taking my children from me would be the motivating reflex.

Anyone trying to harm ANY of my loved ones will find out what trips my kill switch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#14]
"I like pie" posts.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We recently went through some family issues which caused our parenting skills to come under the county microscope. Falsely! It turns out that anyone can make an allegation about anyone claiming anything against them. Then comes the DCF Investigator to my home and unbeknownst to me they also visit my eldest daughter at school for questioning. So, we are forced to jump through the specified hoops in order to prove our fitness as parents. Final result, they go away!

The entire process, I found highly invasive. To say how pissed off I was would fail to properly convey the myriad of emotions which flooded my senses. Lucky for DCF, they backed the fuck off once they saw the allegations were false and our hoop jumping was minimal. Nontheless, the threat from an agency which loses children and employs drunks and drug addicts in charge of the welfare of children, struck me as disgusting. At one point with the case worker and LEO standing in my living room, the gravity of the situation propelled me into a contained rage. As the case worker spoke to us about the allegations and the case, my "Kill Switch flipped." The LEO was doing the ususal Cop fidgeting of his gear, radio and murdering his gum beyond ID. I knew that the action of taking my children from me would be the motivating reflex. We all have bloody thoughts.

HS1

I've been on the recieving end of that. Not fun, not at all....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HS1

Sounds like McCarthy'ism. Neighbor fabricates a story, and tells the local 'authorites.' Next thing you know, the Gestapo CPS is at your door making you prove your worth as a parent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Any version of the song MacArthur Park.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Hippys

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Harm my loved ones or myself.

NOTHING ELSE  is worth the loss of my freedom.

This is what keeps my sanity in check.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

Sounds like McCarthy'ism Facism. Neighbor fabricates a story, and tells the local 'authorites.' Next thing you know, the Gestapo CPS is at your door making you prove your worth as a parent.

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing that jerks my chain harder than a false accusation is that the SOP of the authorities is to assume that it is true & follow through accordingly, even knowing, to a person, that it may not be. For e.g.: in WA State, if a woman charges a man w/ assault, he will automatically be carted away, & the determination will be handled in court. Choose your acqaintences wisely, boys.

I've worked in system, & there is some serious power-tripping & bias in CPS. Many "professionals" in this arena (psych, CPS, DSHS, ) are motivated to work in the field out of personal "issues", & view things through their own distorted lense. They do handle plenty of legitimate cases, but being exposed to the worst element (& having similar personal experiences, in some cases), they are somewhat jaded to the possibility of a false accussation. The fiasco in Wenatchee, WA a few years back pretty much exemplified the cronyism that accompanies the inevitable swarm of "professionals" from various departments & bureaucracies around such cases. They do protect each other. The McMartin daycare scandal was another infamous "moment" for CPS. Just a day on the farm. Only real difference being that they flew just a little too high up into the radar zone. If they'd been less flamboyant in crafting their allegations, most of the McMartin family would still be in prison.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't have any children of my own yet but I can imagin going balistics if someone tried to harm them in any way if I did.  
For now it would be my wife, parents and nephew (one who likes giant raisins ).  Try to harm any of them in any way and the whole Yobo clan will be on top of you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#23]
B&E into my house while we're home and there will be some rock & roll going on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck on finding out who made the charges. Hopefully you know someone who can find these things out. I went through a similar sittuation involving alleged threats towards my wife. This person made intentionally false statements concerning abuse towards my wife. They treated me like a liar, they treated my wife like she was a liar when she didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Then continued to harrass my wife after the sittuation was supposed to be cleared up.

Then wouldn't tell me who made the accusations. They said "We can only reveal  the source if the allegations are to be found true, and the sittuation were to be elevated." I knew exactly who it was though. This was while in the military, and treated this way by Family Advocacy and Mental Health. Man was I ever pissed. The kids been discharged, and if I ever catch him on the street his ass is mine!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't have a "killswitch", but it really pisses me off seeing a pregnant Meskin woman with 4-5 kids in tow.

AB
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
If Anyone....LEO,DHS,or whoever!! Tries to ever take my kids for bullshit reasons....there will be bodies in bloody pools on Fox news!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top