Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
a good case of Keeping Up With The Jones.

I wish them luck.  It could only help us.

Brent
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did they get that 10 round number anyway?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, good luck.

I saw nothing like an effective gun rights movement in Canada.  Folks talked about their illegal Glocks there in RURAL Canada, but the cityfolk back east make the laws.

For goodness' sake - the counterdweebs in of of only two gunshops in Kelowna were as antigun as anyone I ever met in a life spent in Alaska.

Good luck = lost cause.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi all,
I'm not sure where the 10 round limit on centerfire pistol mags came from.  The rifle limit for semi-auto is 5 rounds.  When shooting a IPSC 3 gun match, it makes for a lot of mag changes with the AR!.

Dez
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
You got that right...

I am running a 3 gun match on the 23rd/24th....Its really a Mag race!!  I cary 8 mags just to have 40 rounds!!

Criminals do not give a hoot about this sort of thing!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
This reg was originally brought in under the previous round of gun control, 1n 1992/1993, under a Conservative hinking.gif govt.

5 rounds for semi auto centerfire rifles, 10 rounds for handguns.

There was an exemption made for provincial attorney generals to make exceptions for "competitors" and others (none ever did), and this exemption was cancelled in 1995 under the current Firearms Act C68.

So everybody else had to "limit" their standard capacity mags. Laws pretty vague on that, nobody really understands what constitutes a properly limited mag. RCMP accepts that a pop rivet limiting the travel of the follower to the legal capacity passes as a properly limited mag, Canada Customs demands more "permanent" measures, and we get a lot of guys busted at the border for buying mags stateside, pinning them, and finding out Customs won't let them in. has
Sounds like the Feds are actually ready to listen. They've taken so much crap over gun control, not to mention most of the gun owners in the country are ignoring it. They need to find ways to encourage compliance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top