Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 5:16:01 PM EDT
I got off work and dropped off a coworker and I hear a whistle. So I thought he left something in my truck so I wait a few seconds. A rather large man comes up to my driver side window and asks if I could give him a ride. He looking kinda shady I told him "I have to pick up my kid." Which I really did, but could have if I wanted to.
He showed me a small stack of money.
He then offered me $5, I declined,
$6 !, I declined
$10, hmmm nope.
So then he asked me for a cigarette which I gave him and drove off. I watched in my sideview mirror the guy that wanted the ride duck down inbetween 2 cars. As I was driving away I passed a police car. It turned into where I just came out of and stopped where the guy had ducked down. Had me wondering the whole time what was up with that guy and what he would have done if he gave me a ride.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
that is interesting, I really dont see why you would let anyone you didn't know in your vehical, seems like some real weird stuff could happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Without a doubt the most interesting person I have ever met was a hitch hiker in his 70s.

He had just gotten out of prison after a term over 40 years and wanted a ride to go to his son's house.

I met him at a 7-11, thought he was an alzhiemers case when i saw him. He was disoriented because he had been on ice for 4 decades, more than long enough to realize that people didn't hitch hike any more.

I really felt bad for the old guy OTOH he deserved the jail time.

Sometimes I wonder about me. I scare myself.

Maybe I'll write it up and post it sometime.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Without a doubt the most interesting person I have ever met was a hitch hiker in his 70s.

He had just gotten out of prison after a term over 40 years and wanted a ride to go to his son's house.

I met him at a 7-11, thought he was an alzhiemers case when i saw him. He was disoriented because he had been on ice for 4 decades, more than long enough to realize that people didn't hitch hike any more.

I really felt bad for the old guy OTOH he deserved the jail time.

Sometimes I wonder about me. I scare myself.

Maybe I'll write it up and post it sometime.

what did he do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a guy a few years back.  I lived up a 8 mile dirt road in a county of 3,000 people.  He was walking up the bottom of the road in a sport coat with a breifcase, so I didn't feel too threatened.  I also had my Glock in between my seat and the console, but he couldn't see it.  Turns out he was my neighbor 2 doors down (about 1/2 mile down the road) and I had never met him before.  Nice guy.  His truck was in the shop.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
... tagged for piccolo's follow-up, his stories are always captivating
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... tagged for piccolo's follow-up, his stories are always captivating

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
[what did he do?

Bank robbery.

And failure to show the proper respect to Federal Officers during the subsequent discussion is what he told me.

When I told him that Bank robbery was only wrth 20 years, and that he could have told J.Edgar Hoover to go piss up a rope and have been out 20 years ago he gave me a look of contempt, recovered and calmly explained to me that the discussion had been conducted with Tommy guns.

I went  an hour out of my way.

(I was going from Balto to PGH.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
HOLY SHIT!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#9]
good on you Piccolo
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[what did he do?

Bank robbery.

And failure to show the proper respect to Federal Officers during the subsequent discussion is what he told me.

When I told him that Bank robbery was only wrth 20 years, and that he could have told J.Edgar Hoover to go piss up a rope and have been out 20 years ago he gave me a look of contempt, recovered and calmly explained to me that the discussion had been conducted with Tommy guns.

I went  an hour out of my way.

(I was going from Balto to PGH.)

did you stuff him in the pooper and get pics?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't look like Al Gore did he? I heard he's fallen on hard times since he lost the election.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I still pick people up here no problem . Everybody knows just about everybody else one way or the other .

Last I knew (about 14 years ago) Colorado had a law on the books that you had to pick them up in the winter.

I hitched a couple of times when I was younger , but I stopped doing it when I almost had to stab a gay trucker .
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a hook hangin from your passenger-side door handle?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I still pick people up here no problem . Everybody knows just about everybody else one way or the other .

Last I knew (about 14 years ago) Colorado had a law on the books that you had to pick them up in the winter.

I hitched a couple of times when I was younger , but I stopped doing it when I almost had to stab a gay trucker .

I just spit soda all over the place
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

was it cuz he stabbed you in the back..er lower back
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Shit . i just caught that .

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No. He was actually a soft-spoken gentleman. He knew windows 95 better than I did(I was learning to use these things at the time)

Oddly enough, my 6th sense tells me that I would have gladly had him as a neighbor. He was a real gentleman.

OTOH, I'd bet that he was a real punk 30+ years ago. Time and the joint seems to change people.

I believe I posted earlier today that I met a murder on the lam in Kodiak, too. Now HE was a punk!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I was ajunior in HS and two college girls in a van picked me up....never mind, that is another story
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag.. I'll bite.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. He was actually a soft-spoken gentleman. He knew windows 95 better than I did(I was learning to use these things at the time)

Oddly enough, my 6th sense tells me that I would have gladly had him as a neighbor. He was a real gentleman.

OTOH, I'd bet that he was a real punk 30+ years ago. Time and the joint seems to change people.

I believe I posted earlier today that I met a murder on the lam in Kodiak, too. Now HE was a punk!

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I pulled up to a red light one morning winter time 5:30am heading to work an hour and 10 minutes away and this guy is yelling at me at the top of his lungs (i need help)continuously from the side of the road, through the passanger window he yells, my car broke down just down the road can you help me? i said jump in the back(bed of my truck) he did i took him about 1/4 of a mile and he said the battery had died could i jumpstart his truck, i had cables and said sure so i get them out hooked em up and tried three times to start his rig but it wouldnt he started to act real weird and backing up to some bushes behind him,now mind you it is dark out and no one around so i said sorry and f**k this and left. it only lasted about 3 minutes but it gave me a bad vibe.hinking.gif never again!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Me too.

Kodiak draws strange people like the moon draws water.

(My murderer was a sex murderer. Ice picked a couple GoGo girls in the Lower 48. What did your murder do?)

People that go to Kodiak are either runnin' from something or lookin' for something.

Alaska is home to the 5 Ms.
Mercenaries
Missionaries
Malcontents
Misfits

and Me.

I often miss the place.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

... you were a gay truck driver in Alaska?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... you were a gay truck driver in Alaska?

No.

And to set the record straight I am a gay, black, Jewish, Native American, disabled war veteran with a fetish for pink panties.

(I'm not, but I put that on a job application once.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
i was walking with 2 friends and a couple girls picked us up.  hotties...  they gave us a ride home and nothing else happened.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top