Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 4:52:34 PM EDT
Thinking of this one: Leupold RB800C:

New! Leupold Wind River RB800 Laser Range Finding Binoculars
Never settle for a “guesstimate” of the range to your target again! The new Leupold Wind River RB800 Range Finding binocular combines the outstanding optics of a high-quality binocular with laser-precise measuring capability to create a single —and surprisingly affordable — new tool for hunters everywhere.

Find your target, push a button and you’ll get precise measurements — accurate to within 1 yard — to deer-sized game and other animals more than 550 yards away. You can determine the exact distance to objects such as trees, rocks, signs or other landmarks out to nearly 900 yards! Hold down the button for Scan Mode, to get continuous, precise range updates as you track an animal or glass an area. And like all Wind River products the RB800 Range Finding binocular is rugged and waterproof — 100 percent wilderness ready — to go wherever the hunt takes you. It’s one hunting optic that takes the place of two.

• Built from the ground up for hunters, lightweight and compact.

• Precise measurements to targets from 10 to nearly 900 yards away.

• Scan mode works at the push of a button to give you continuous range updates to a moving target, or distances to different objects as you scan across them.

• Digital display in your choice of yards or meters is visible even in bright sunlight.

• Digital compass in the RB800C lets you mark the distance and direction to game once it’s down, so it’s easy to find, even in dense cover or over long distances.

• Multi-coated lenses for the brightness, clarity, and contrast you expect from Leupold Wind River optics.

• Automatic battery-saving shut-off gives you longer battery life in the field.

• Lightweight, waterproof, and rugged, they’re ready to go where the hunt takes you.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
LEICA  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Leica 800yd. They come in 1200yds. now. They have been making optical equipment for a long time, and are highly regarded. Plus, the unit is only aproximately 4"x4"X1"in size. You might do a price comparison, I don't know how much you want to spend.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Why???
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LEICA  

I looked at those they are nice too but I get eye strain from monoculars. I like the leupold due to the bino design but the are kind of big
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#6]
They make binocular$ also.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They make binocular$ also.

Range finder bino's?
Just saw it. Yike$
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top