Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 3:20:01 PM EDT
FRANKLIN, Maine (AP) — A playful pooch might wind up in the doghouse after calling 911 on its owners' phone.

An emergency operator answered a 911 call early in the morning of Sept. 5, but nobody was on the line and all the operator could hear was a shuffling noise in the background, said Hancock County Sheriff's Deputy Shane Campbell.

Campbell and two emergency medical technicians went to the house to investigate, but the owners weren't home. What they found instead was a husky puppy and a chewed-up cordless phone on the floor.

The homeowners later said that it was the first time they had left the dog at home by itself, Campbell said.

"He didn't need any help," the deputy said of the dog. "He hit the right numbers, though."

link
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The day my divorce was final, my ex's minister called 911.  He'd called my ex to see how she was doing.  The phone was answered, he heard sounds like shrieking, and the phone went dead.   He figured I was beating her up.  He called 911.  The police surrounded the house and found my ex drying her hair.  Turns out, the phone was on the floor, my ex was using a loud high-pitched hair dryer, and the dog knocked the phone off the cradle.  He muttered into the phone and stepped on the disconnect.    
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The day my divorce was final, my ex's minister called 911.  He'd called my ex to see how she was doing.  The phone was answered, he heard sounds like shrieking, and the phone went dead.   He figured I was beating her up.  He called 911.  The police surrounded the house and found my ex drying her hair.  Turns out, the phone was on the floor, my ex was using a loud high-pitched hair dryer, and the dog knocked the phone off the cradle.  He muttered into the phone and stepped on the disconnect.    

lol - what a hoot!  

How'd you find out about it?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol - what a hoot!  

How'd you find out about it?

I knew the cops that were called.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top