Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 1:12:46 PM EDT
      HELLO ALL................

I JUST MOVED TO THE STATE OF KANSAS RECENTLY (KANSAS CITY/TOPEKA/LAWRENCE AREA) AND WONDERED IF THERE WERE ANY LOCAL MEMBERS IN THE AREA?  HAVE YET TO MEET A SINGLE FELLOW SHOOTER/COLLECTOR......

ALSO LOOKING TO FIND AN AR-15 FRIENDLY RANGE IN THE AREA......

ALSO, IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE LOCAL RULES/LAWS IN REGARDS TO "ASSAULT WEAPONS", (AR-15, SKS, G-3, CETME)  I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU MAY KNOW............

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND MAYBE SHOOTING BUDDY, I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND HAVE YET TO MAKE ANY FRIENDS LOCALLY.......

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED HELP IN THIS MATTER......

TAKE CARE,

JACK

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Kansas was so flat that the issue wasn't finding a range, but rather finding something that would serve as a backstop.

No knock on Kansas.  I used to live in the Texas Panhandle.  It's so flat there that you might have to drive 15 minutes just to get out of sight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
       HELLO ALL................

I JUST MOVED TO THE STATE OF KANSAS RECENTLY (KANSAS CITY/TOPEKA/LAWRENCE AREA) AND WONDERED IF THERE WERE ANY LOCAL MEMBERS IN THE AREA?  HAVE YET TO MEET A SINGLE FELLOW SHOOTER/COLLECTOR......

ALSO LOOKING TO FIND AN AR-15 FRIENDLY RANGE IN THE AREA......

ALSO, IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE LOCAL RULES/LAWS IN REGARDS TO "ASSAULT WEAPONS", (AR-15, SKS, G-3, CETME)  I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU MAY KNOW............

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND MAYBE SHOOTING BUDDY, I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND HAVE YET TO MAKE ANY FRIENDS LOCALLY.......

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED HELP IN THIS MATTER......

TAKE CARE,

JACK

I used to live there.  You need to become a member of the Capital City Gun Club (5 miles west of Topeka) and the Mill Creek Rifle Club (about 1/2 hr west of KCKS) ASAP!

Ed Krasny (785-232-1894) is your contact at Cap City, Dick Harper (913-432-7445) same at Mill Creek.  

Capital City Gun Club

Kansas State Rifle Association list of clubs

Kansas is VERY evil black rifle friendly.  No CCW, though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Jack, the Mill Creek rifle club is very nice. Ranges out to 600 yds. A little spendy to join, about $200 as I recall, but annual dues are much less. They are open 6am-10pm 7 days a week.They also hold high power matches. The Bench Rest National match was just held there also. Drop me a line if you need info.  The range is located in Desoto KS, a few miles west of KC. Dennis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top