Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:06 PM EDT
I applied as a part time waiter at Logan's Roadhouse in San Antonio several months ago to have a weekend and evening job.  Well, they were robbed after hours on Friday.  If I would have been hired, I would have been there with my CHL and it would have not been pretty.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this your 15 minutes of fame? If so, you got robbed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Question: You say had you had your CHL it would have been ugly.

It sounds like nobody was hurt in the robbery.  Would you have taken defensive action with lethal force and possibly changed that outcome, to defend the property of your employer?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It sounds like nobody was hurt in the robbery.  Would you have taken defensive action with lethal force and possibly changed that outcome, to defend the property of your employer?

TEXAS...'nuff said...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Three dudes came in waving pistols around.  I would have shot them.  I might have been shot too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear the sound of a guitar wailing...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they would have got the jump on you and you would have had no chance to fire.  

Maybe you'd piss in your pants and would not have done shit.

Maybe you wouldn't have had your CHL on you like you think you would?  

So why didn't you get the job?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What if someone busts into your home, and only takes your TV without harming anyone.

So, technically, if you shot the robber; you'd be defending your TV?

You'd risk your family to let robbers take your possessions IN HOPING that they don't kill you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why didn't all the other workers and customer shoot them dead?

WTF has happened to Texas? First the grocery store robbery and now this ... and not one dead bad guy in the lot!

You gonna engage numerous armed adversaries by yourself?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Once I drove down to Los Angelos on the freeway.

7 months later ther was car wreak in the EXACT SAME lane I was driving it!

I could have DIED if that was me!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I almost pooped, but it was a fart.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF has happened to Texas? First the grocery store robbery and now this ... and not one dead bad guy in the lot!

The Lone Ranger did....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Especially with customers around. Not saying you'd be a pussy or anything, but the right move might have been to lay low. What if you escalated a situation, and a couple of kids get caught in the crossfire? A newlywed couple? A waitress?

Have you ever engaged numerous armed BG's? How about just one?

Not a flame, just food for thought.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

...Cops all over the country do this everyday. In fact, recently, a cop pulled over a vehicle with 3 occupants here in SC. 2 of the three guys got out, tried to attack him, 3rd was trying to drive away. Cop managed to keep his pistol secure and detain 2 suspects that tried to attack him. 3rd got away, was found and arrested later.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I did not get the job because I could only wor Friday-Sunday, as I have a real job M-Th 10 hours a day.  I guess they wanted someone to work all week.  FWIW, I carry 24-7 unless I am carrer job M-Th as I am in a resticted area and only guard have the weapons unless you want to lose your career.

ETA the robbery was after they were closed and the waitstaff was cleaning up for the night.  No possibility for cross fire with customers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Cops all over the country do this everyday. In fact, recently, a cop pulled over a vehicle with 3 occupants here in SC. 2 of the three guys got out, tried to attack him, 3rd was trying to drive away. Cop managed to keep his pistol secure and detain 2 suspects that tried to attack him. 3rd got away, was found and arrested later.

Key word being "COPS".

Different training than "WAITER".
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought gas at a station that was robbed 3 hrs before I showed up. Boy, that was close! If they had waited, I would have taken them on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Key word being "COPS".

Considering that there are reports of some officers not being able to hit paper at 10 yards, moot point.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
This one time at waiter camp ...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Then again, "whatif" games are stupid.

So you disagree with the use of combat simulation for training?

I mean, the whole premise behind that is "Whatif."
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Geeze, I think I almost ate at that place once.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Well we're all certainly glad that you got through this alright !
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Then you're a very lucky man to be posting tonight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you would have gotten food posoining, I would have shot the cook.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

You didnt shoot the cook when I got food poising.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

You didnt shoot the cook when I got food poising.

HE was doing you a favor.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#28]
yeah you would have pulled your pistol, done a combat roll and emptied the magazine while jumping sideways ala john woo movies. dont be a dumbass, you didnt work there, you have no more connection to it than any other customer, and you werent there when it was robbed. stop the hero fantasy and realize a shooting is not something you want be involved in. it can break you financially, emotionally, and can ruin a good part of your life as you fight the courts, the dead perps family, and the cops to get your gun back. be thankful you werent there.

a last resort when the alternative is grim.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I applied as a part time waiter at Logan's Roadhouse in San Antonio several months ago to have a weekend and evening job.  Well, they were robbed after hours on Friday.  If I would have been hired, I would have been there with my CHL and it would have not been pretty.

But you were not hired.  You were not there.  Even if you had been hired, maybe you would not have worked there that night.

If only I had worked in the book depository in Dallas, or been a lawn mowing guy on the grassy knoll.  It would have not been pretty.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
yeah you would have pulled your pistol, done a combat roll and emptied the magazine while jumping sideways ala john woo movies. dont be a dumbass, you didnt work there, you have no more connection to it than any other customer, and you werent there when it was robbed. stop the hero fantasy and realize a shooting is not something you want be involved in. it can break you financially, emotionally, and can ruin a good part of your life as you fight the courts, the dead perps family, and the cops to get your gun back. be thankful you werent there.

well said.  +1
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Key word being "COPS".

Considering that there are reports of some officers not being able to hit paper at 10 yards, moot point.

If we're going to generalize, I'd say most cops are better trained than most waiters.

There are exceptions.

So, the point is not "moot".

Dig?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well said.  +1

Fuckin A.

+2
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If we're going to generalize, I'd say most cops are better trained than most waiters.

There are exceptions.

So, the point is not "moot".

Dig?

How many waiters have you examined and instructed to evaluate their shooting preformance?

None? Oh, ok, thanks.

It's the point that if someone has the training and legal ability to stop such an instance where someone could be injured, what's wrong? If these crooks had entered a house during a birthday party (particularly YOUR house, for argument's sake), would you allow them to take and steal and leech off you simply because there's people around?

Sure, a stray bullet could hit that little girl sitting in that booth eating ice cream... but the criminal can also kidnap the girl and rape her and then put a bullet in her head. Which would you rather have the likely hood of happening?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top