Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 11:24:16 AM EDT
No, I'm not talking about myself.....

Now a story to tell.......

I introduced a friend's husband to shooting earlier last year.  Took out the *evil* black rifles, a few pistols and the shotty.  By far, he liked the AR10 the most, followed by 9mm AR and the shotty (and shooting at clays).

Few months ago, my friend asked me to go gun shopping w/ her, as she wanted to get a gift for her hubby... a shotgun.  He expressed a desire to have a "gun" and she, being the loving wife, wanted to please her man.  Well, being a budget, a nice used Mosberg came home with her as a gift to her man.  Now, I must point out, that she is liberal and just bought a guy for her husband.  She doesn't think there is a reason to have a pistol, let alone carry one, but she likes to go *shooting* (can't hit a darn....but....)

Her hubby, also liberal, has become quite proficent w/ the shotgun now.  Good thing Walmart sells those 100 packs and clays are cheap.

I don't think I'll convert them 100%, but he did say he understands "we" (the gun lovers) are so protective about them......

There was hope, I thought, until he tried to tell me that Ferheight 9/11 had lots of facts......  He was pointing out how the Saudi govt had connectons w/ the Bush's..   I just rolled my eyes (was a phone call).  (We tend not to talk about politics a lot...... we only agree that *most* politicians do things only to get elected).

Another friend is a right-wing, hard core Rep.  I'd be concidered a moderate conservative......in some things.  The last thing I need is Kerry to get elected, or I'll never hear the end of it....

Not sure what the purpose of this was........
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have lots of liberal friends, but of all of them, only my stepmother dislikes guns. Come to think of it, I have no adult friends who do not own firearms. Even the whacko liberals have a handgun and make no excuses about why they do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
You're trying.
Keep it up.

I've swayed about 5 people at work.
One is very intelligent (except for politics).  
He used to tell me "I'm off to vote and cancel your vote for Bush (2000 election).
He's voting for Bush.  He has a kid.  Doesn't want him to live in a Islamic world.
I helped 2 register to vote. (brought registration cards to work)
Neither one has ever voted before.
One is 55, the other 35.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Now, I must point out, that she is liberal and just bought a guy for her husband.  

Quite the wife to buy her husband a "guy", IMO.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
On most things my sister is a liberal weenie, but she likes guns.  She sees the need to defend herself, has a pistol and shotgun in her house.  Pretty proud of her on that.  Apparently one of her friends came to visit and was shocked that she owned a gun, tried to tell her that guns were evil.  My sister pointed out that it would really be 'evil' would be to let yourself be attacked.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, I must point out, that she is liberal and just bought a guy for her husband.  

Quite the wife to buy her husband a "guy", IMO.  

I type too fast at times.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top