Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2004 7:22:30 AM EDT
So early last week I finally get my W yard signs in the mail and immeditely put one in my front lawn and one in my next door neighbor's front lawn. After a day or two we both notice our crackpotty tinfoil hat wearin' liberal fvukwad neighbor from across the street isn't happy about our signs. He begins having loud conversations with other neigbors about how much he hates Bush and refuses to say "hello" to us or even make eye contact with us (which was never an issue in the past).

So yesterday my wife and I are working in the yard and we notice both the signs are missing! Some bastard stole them! We immediately suspect the guy across the street, but don't really have any proof - only speculation. Then we notice him as he leaves his house and gets into his car. He doesn't say anything to us, but he's got a big shit-eating grin on his face and looks like he thinks he's gotten away with something.

My wife gets all pissed off and tells me that we should steal his Kerry sign to get back. I told her that Republicans shouldn't stoop to that level and stealing his sign would only make us look bad. But we had to do something!

So I talk to my next door neighbor and he simply says, "well, if Wes wants to start a guerra, I'm game. I guess it's my turn to buy the next round of signs. [and give more money to GWB's campaign!] This time I'll get four: one for your yard, one for Laurie's (another neighbor) yard and two for my yard. We'll see if that pisses him off."

Then he told me, "Remember, don't let anything he does bother you. When you wake up in the morning you'll still be you . . . and he'll still be a crackpot liberal."

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
W'04 with RoundUp on his front yard
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife gets all pissed off and tells me that we should steal his Kerry sign to get back.

I told her that Republicans shouldn't stoop to that level and stealing his sign would only make us look bad.

But we had to do something.

Now that's funny. been happening back and forth here in the GD for a while now.

neither the reps or the dems can resist the destruction of others property for very long.

good luck in the "get even" but man what a waste of time and energy.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Put him on camera befoe he puts you on camera......

IOW, avoid his property no matter what he does, keep supporting GW and bust him if you can.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Don't get worked up over it. Signs don't make people vote one way or another.  

Put a bag of flaming dogshit on his doorstep and enjoy yourself
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I told her that Republicans shouldn't stoop to that level and stealing his sign would only make us look bad. But we had to do something!

\

THANK YOU!

WE aren't VANDALS like they are
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Had mine stolen too, replaced it with two signs and have an additional one as back up if needed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sneak over at night and put a "W" sign in his front yard......................................
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
We're not going to do anything to his property. But right now we're in the process of having our siding replaced. The old stuff's torn off and all that's up on the front face is the Tyvek insulation. I'm considering painting a giant 'W' on the front of the house. It'll get covered with the new siding anyways, so it won't do any permanent damage. But hopefully will annoy the hell out of my neighbor across the street.

Either way, if the signs continue to disappear, I'll just continue to buy more and keep sending more money to the campaign.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
And after you videotape him stealing your signs grab a screen shot to post here and have a "Caption This" Thread. Take the pick to kinkos and have them make a sign using the screenshot and caption. And then put that on your lawn!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]
put another up and take down 2 kerry signs.  repeat as neccessary
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#12]
dude, you have gotta be kidding me. the same thing is done by the reps as the dems or
ooooooo <<scary sound "the liberals" not one group is any better in this instance.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

I told her that Republicans shouldn't stoop to that level and stealing his sign would only make us look bad. But we had to do something!

\

THANK YOU!

WE aren't VANDALS like they are

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Dig two deep holes about 6" radius in your lawn, maybe 4 feet deep. Put some tall 4x4's in them, and pour concrete to anchor. Nail some 2x4s across. Paint a bigass sheet of plywood up as a sign. Nail it to your new holder.

This will give you a nice, repaintable sign that is nigh impossible to steal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By virginia22

keep trolling trolling trolling.  keep trolling trolling trolling
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#15]
no troll necessary skip.
you proved my point with your post.

SWISH, nothing but net.
Chris

Quoted:
put another up and take down 2 kerry signs.  repeat as neccessary

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#16]

dude, you have gotta be kidding me. the same thing is done by the reps as the dems or
ooooooo

I'm not saying it doensn't happen - I'm just not gonna be the dick who goes around stealing Kerry signs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]

When you replace the signs:

HOSE THE FUCKERS DOWN WITH OC PEPPER SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bastard will grap them, take them and some time later when he rubs his eye, he will BE IN HELL!!!!!

You're definately on to something here!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#19]
respectable.  some others I can't say the same for.

good luck, as I said man.

Chris

Quoted:

ooooooo

I'm not saying it doensn't happen - I'm just not gonna be the dick who goes around stealing Kerry signs.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#20]
in Virginia, that would be concidered as "setting a trap" and last I heard, that'll getcha a stay in the room with the door you can not unlock.not sure how MIs laws are.

be careful man.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The bastard will grab them, take them home and get OC on his hands as he handles them. Some time later when he rubs his eye, he will BE IN HELL!!!!!

Real men would wire them to a Claymore!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sneak over at night and put a "W" sign in his front yard......................................

or spray paint "W" on the sKerry sign
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Dose he know you collect firearms?  Maybe he should.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I remember a few years back, a guy set up a trap to catch thepunks breaking into his garage. (boards with nails under the sills) one of the kids got hurt and they arrested the owner for "setting a trap"
never heard if he got time, fined, or what. the kid walked with no charge.
but be damn sure you know the law in your area before you statr setting traps.

his trespassing charge for stealing the signs pales in comparison of his getting back at you for setting booby traps. the civil court would love to see you defend your practice.

BTW: you're bragging about it right now.

1 in 100,000,000 . is it really worth it for a petty political sign? you'll have to make that call.
as I said, be careful.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:
in Virginia, that would be concidered as "setting a trap" and last I heard, that'll getcha a stay in the room with the door you can not unlock.not sure how MIs laws are.

be careful man.

Chris

So, the guy is going to admit he stole the signs?

I would just say I must have accidently got some on there as I had a can accidentally leak near where I had them stored.

Unless you braged about doing it, your chances of being sucessfully prosecuted would be about on in one hundred million.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I feel your pain I had two stolen one night a while back.  Put another out and got home from knob creek yesterday and someone pulled my sign out and threw it in the yard and stole the wire frame.  So I bring them in a night now and have got two more out.  I think I am going to wrap them in Poision Ivy or something.    Dam Liberals dont they have a protest or something to do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Mown your front lawn depicting a big W...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#30]
What is more important?  Being at odds with a neighbor over an election for a government that doesn't give a shit about any of us as long as we keep paying the protection money

---OR---

Being on good terms with a neighbor who might actually make a difference in your life someday

?

Even a liberal POS can prevent your house from being burglarized, rescue your kid from a serious injury, or otherwise help you out in a pinch.  

Take the high road, forget about the damn signs, and go make friends with the guy and see if you can convert him into being a shooter.  You never know...

Governments don't have to live together, but people do.  All this discord over a stupid election is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The bastard will grap them, take them and some time later when he rubs his eye, he will BE IN HELL!!!!!

You're definately on to something here!

Maybe so but what if the guy decides to have relations with his wife before washing his hands. Could be trouble.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#33]
wonder if the penalty for setting a trap would be higher than stealing your sign??

all you need is for that guy/woman to have an allergic reaction to your "trap" and it's you that'll pay.
should they die, well you see where the trail runs to.

as I said be careful, by no means let me tell you what to or not to do.

just a fair warning before partaking in such an Endeavour.

Good luck
Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember a few years back, a guy set up a trap to catch thepunks breaking into his garage. (boards with nails under the sills) one of the kids got hurt and they arrested the owner for "setting a trap"

his trespassing charge for stealing the signs pales in comparison of his getting back at you for setting booby traps. the civil court would love to see you defend your practice.

1 in 100,000,000 . is it really worth it for a petty political sign? you'll have to make that call.
as I said, be careful.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

be careful man.

Chris

1) He would have to prove it was a trap

2) His injury would be temporary, not like a nail in the hand or foot.

3) IIRC, the Virignia statue on tampering with political signs is pretty severe.

I would just say I must have accidently got some on there as I had a can accidentally leak near where I had them stored.

Unless you braged about doing it, your chances of being sucessfully prosecuted would be about on in one hundred million.

1) He would have to prove it was a trap

2) His injury would be temporary, not like a nail in the hand or foot.

3) IIRC, the Virignia statue on tampering with political signs is pretty severe.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Mine got ripped over the weekend too.  I am going to pepper spray it this time.  Not sure who did it, but I want to see them cry if they try it again.

BTW, you should always wash your hands before you have sexual realations with your wife.  What if he got into some poison ivy?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Putting some Pepper spray repellant on a sign isn't setting a trap.  It is REPELLANT!  If it doesn't work very well, you can't be held responsible.

Where the fuck does the law say that if someone wants to steal your property, you have to put a card on it and a big red bow?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
you can't be held responsible.

quote]

many a man in jail who thought just that.

"YOU are someone elses, someone else."

as I said. good luck.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Mown your front lawn depicting a big W...

Thats awesome.  Except I will have to start watering it to make it grow first.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm a little confused here. This thread has used the phrase "it's a trap" about four or five times so far and I haven't seen a single Ackbar photo. What gives?

Either way, I'm not going to do anything illegal or set any traps (even though it's a funny idea). I just want to get under his skin a little.

And then of course I'll gloat my ass off when sKerry loses the election!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#39]
install that largest flood lights on the front of your house allowed in the zoning laws.
and make sure they point directly at his house..
that's legal

Chris

Quoted:
I'm a little confused here. This thread has used the phrase "it's a trap" about four or five times so far and I haven't seen a single Ackbar photo. What gives?

Either way, I'm not going to do anything illegal or set any traps (even though it's a funny idea). I just want to get under his skin a little.

And then of course I'll gloat my ass off when sKerry loses the election!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Buy a paintball gun and use pepperballs with it, you'll have more fun.

www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7042&tabID=137&categoryID=188&pos=57

www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=7042&tabID=137&categoryID=188&pos=57

If it's legal in your state...lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

quote]

as I said. good luck.

Chris

Dude.  Nobody ever went to jail for smearing nasty stuff on a campaign sign.  Show me where I am wrong.  Put up or shut up.  We are talking about CRIMINAL liability here, not CIVIL.  Try to keep that in mind as you are researching your case law.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#43]
fox lure.

Chris

Quoted:
If you just want to get even with him, wait till he is gone and put some minced fresh fish and shrimp into the air intake of his HVAC unit.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#44]
you get both criminal and civil depending upon the injuries.

again
" you are someone elses, someone else"
people have been arrested and sued for far less.

as I said. good luck.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

quote]

as I said. good luck.

Chris

Dude.  Nobody ever went to jail for smearing nasty stuff on a campaign sign.  Show me where I am wrong.  Put up or shut up.  We are talking about CRIMINAL liability here, not CIVIL.  Try to keep that in mind as you are researching your case law.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
you get both criminal and civil depending upon the injuries.

again
" you are someone elses, someone else"
people have been arrested and sued for far less.

as I said. good luck.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

quote]

as I said. good luck.

Chris

You aren't answering the question, and actually directly dodged it.  I don't give a flying fuck about someone elses someone else, because I don't steal signs.

SHOW ME where someone got JAIL TIME for smearing nasty stuff on a sign.  I want to see it.  DON'T TELL ME IT CAN HAPPEN, unless you can show me where it HAS HAPPENED.  I don't care about lawsuits either everybody knows that ANYBODY can sue for ANYTHING.  You made a statement of criminal liability.  Back it up, lightweight.

Put up or shut-up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Talk to your Liberal neighbor.

Let him know about the the recent acts of tresspassing/theft.

Ask him to help.
Tell him you intend to find whoever was responsible, and break their legs.
Ask him if he has any idea who could have done such a thing?
Look him dead in the eyes.

This way, you're being neighborly AND threatening the POS both at the same time.
Win/Win
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Talk to your Liberal neighbor.

Let him know about the the recent acts of tresspassing/theft.

Ask him to help.
Tell him you intend to find whoever was responsible, and break their legs.
Ask him if he has any idea who could have done such a thing?
Look him dead in the eyes.

This way, you're being neighborly AND threatening the POS both at the same time.
Win/Win

Sounds pretty good to me.

BTW, if you go the HVAC route, add some clams,
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#48]
READ> I ain't spouting case law and I'll be damned if you'll order anything of me. use your reading comprehention skills. take that put up or shut up and place it in a dark place.

Chris

Quoted:

as I said, be careful.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

be careful man.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Or I could just let me dog take a dump on his front lawn.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
READ> I ain't spouting case law and I'll be damned if you'll order anything of me. use your reading comprehention skills. take that put up or shut up and place it in a dark place.

Chris

Quoted:

as I said, be careful.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

be careful man.

Chris

Just admit it.  You are fuckin' wrong.  If you can't give me any other evidence of your position is your 'supposed memory' of some story about a guy spiking a door, then sniff my jockstrap.

I can't make you do anything, but you look like a fuckin' fool when you make such ridiculous statements with absolutely nothing to back it up.  Just trying to help you out there, bud.  If you can prove me wrong, I'll apologize.

Oh, and learn how to quote people.  YOUR RESPONSE GOES AT THE BOTTOM!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top