Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 4:53:07 AM EDT
My wife is in Erie this week for business.

She is staying on the south side of I-90 on Peach, and going north near the lake for work.

Where are the bad areas? Good areas for dinner and curves workout places?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My wife is in Erie this week for business.

She is staying on the south side of I-90 on Peach, and going north near the lake for work.

Where are the bad areas? Good areas for dinner and curves workout places?

I was born and raised there. My parents live there in a little town called Waterford. Much has change since I lived there. I'm not sure what the bad areas are anymore. It used to be the public dock area but thay have cleaned that up. Dobbins landing is what I think they call it now.

Erie could have been a major city (well, it's the third largest in PA I believe) but they kept shooting themselves in the foot. Major industries are GE and what used to be Hammermill Papers.
Erie thought it was smart and gave away the Peninsula to the state. It's one major tourist attraction.

The downtown is dead. They killed it off when they thought they could turn it into a mall. The biggest mall is the Millcreek Mall. For dinner, I'm not sure who's still in business up there.

Hamott Hospital is a fine hospital and Gannon college is a pretty good school.

The weather is pleasent from May to September. It's brutal in winter with the lake effect.

If you're up there, take a quick tour of the Watsons-Curtz mansion to see how the rich lived in Erie in the late 1800's. Also the Brig Niagara.

I'll post more when things come to mind.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The bad part of Erie, PA is the 814 area code.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Peach street is very nice and just fine.  Also has a nice mall.  No trouble there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top