Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 3:59:35 AM EDT
Last Saturday (8 days ago), I placed an order on GunsNStuff.net. Today, I have neither received an order confirmation nor a package of what I ordered...

HOWEVER, Federal Arms Corp (GNS) charged me $35.87 the Wednesday after I ordered (The 6th). Now, where the hell did this charge come from? What is this for? These fuckers charge me, and I don't get order confirmations NOR an order delivered?

I mean, how am I supposed to know what the hell is going on? I wanted to email them yet they don't offer an email address (how convient - for them). I guess I'll have to call them and ask them why they charged me $35.87 and I haven't gotten a fucking thing from them.

Perhaps this was just a strange glitch in GNS's system, but I wouldn't recommend doing any business with them anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I placed an order, got no confirmation.  No biggy.  I call them two days later, they say they have had not processed my order yet....call back in two days.  No problem.  I call back, same story, call back in two days.  I call back two days later, and by this time I'm not real happy.  I was not rude at all....not even smart.  But the woman who took my call this time was not nearly as nice as the ladies that took my previous calls.  I told her that I had placed my order and got no confirmation.  

[real snide]We don't send email confirmation of orders!  

OK...but I would like to know that the order was received...can you find out?

I find no record of that order.

Well...I wish they had told me that three phone calls ago!  

[real bitchy] well there is no record of the order.  There is nothing I can do!  

[here she turned her nice voice]but I'd be glad to place that order for you now....

No thanks...I'll just call KVAR.

I called KVAR, ordered what I wanted, it arrived two days later.  Perfect service and no attitude!

Then a few days later I get an EM from FAC[gunsnstuff] that the order that I placed can't be shipped because the item is no longer available from them.  WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE TOLD ME THIS TWO WEEKS AGO!  THAT'S IT...THEY ARE OFF MY CHRISTMAS CARD LIST....and my preferred vendor list!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
FAC always seems to advertise stuff they never have.  Although that seems to be a problem throughout all of these online order houses.  Disclaimer:  I have never bought anything from FAC, I always got right up to the "check out" click and then changed my mind about dealing with them.  Others have had good experiences with FAL receivers, but there are plenety of more reliable vendors who don't stuff your mailbox with annoying catalogs that feature women dressed as slutty Nazis on the cover.  To each his own though.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry you guys had that experiance. I haven't bought anything from these guys but I really appreciate the heads up. I usualy order most of my stuff from Brownells, Midway U.S.A., Sportsmans Guide, and Cheaper than dirt. Nobody here has given me ANY PROBLEMS! I've also done business with EABCO.COM. They do a good business  also. I've done a little business with various companies like Blackhawk and Brigade quarter masters. Thayare also pretty fair. Hope this helps. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
In their defense I will say I have ordered a few items from them and had no problems. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
This is pretty much SOP from FAC.  Seen lots of heartache with that company.... and they advertise TONS of stuff they dont have, and cannot get.  I just stay away, no matter how tempting the prices are.  I throw them in the pile with Botach and RGUNS.  Too many other good dealers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I called KVAR, ordered what I wanted, it arrived two days later.  Perfect service and no attitude!

I'd use KVAR for everything I order... Except that Kvar usually doesn't have things I want in stock (for instance, forward grips have been OOS for over 8 months now) and doesn't have non-AK extras.

Other than that, Kvar is extremely professional. I love doing business with them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought GNS would be a gun-friendly customer-conceincious business that would know how to do at least something professionally.

Instead, I've gotten only half-assed attempts at deliver, I have been conned (more like ROBBED) out of $35 and have nothing to show for it.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM GUNSnSTUFF.NET (FAC)! THEY WILL ROB YOU AND ACT LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW YOU!

Unfortunately, I learned this lesson the hard way. Take my advice and avoid this place like the plague.

EDIT:

Don't forget, I have been CHARGED (as in, this money has been deducted already from my account) of $35.87 by FAC (GNS) - and I have -NOTHING- to show for it.

AVOID!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
GnS does suck.  I really like K-var and Tapco, both are very professional in regards to representing their product and exchanges.  Arsenal (TX) and RPB are also good only issues there were some US Made compliance parts I bought that weren't marked as such (a pet peeve of mine).  In case you can't tell, I've done a 922r conversion on an AK recently.

Top Notch, not so good, I got some G3 mag floorplates and followers for compliance parts.  The followers weren't marked but were at least clearly different but the floorplates looked exactly like the ones I took off of the mags, just stamped "US Made".

IMHO stay away from FAC/GnS.  There are better people to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
yep, fac did give a list of every person to ever buy their makarov replacement barrels to the fed, i believe it was some judge or something who got murdered and it was by a makarov pistol using one of the fac barrels- i seem to recall even with the info they were never able to find the person they were looking for
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You going to file a fraud claim?

Once I get a reply from them, if it's the same old "We're sorry" bullshit, yes.

If they do not attempt to return my money, they WILL be getting hit with conducting fradulent business.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]
All but 2 of my items were backordered.

This is one half-assed attempt at conducting business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top