Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:59:37 AM EDT
OK, I'll admit it. I love the beat and rythm of this song, even though I know the words are absolute crap.

So...... anyone else have tis dilemma? I seem to have it with quite a few songs, actually....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:03:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, I'll admit it. I love the beat and rythm of this song, even though I know the words are absolute crap.

So...... anyone else have tis dilemma? I seem to have it with quite a few songs, actually....

Ummmm, why not listen to any other Green Day song that isn't about hating Bush? It's not like there aren't 30 other songs with the same beat/music.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmm, why not listen to any other Green Day song that isn't about hating Bush? It's not like there aren't 30 other songs with the same beat/music.

Kinda like AC/DC they all kinda sound the same.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simply because I've only seen/heard of them while flipping through the channels. Don't know a damn thing about them.  Hell, didn't even remember their NAME.

Also, I'll be damned before I BUY one of their albums now. I may enjoy the beat, but I'm not going to support them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't recall anything by AC/DC sounding like that song.

ETA: Which isn't to say that AC/DC didn't have some seriously kick-ass songs!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't recall anything by AC/DC sounding like that song.

ETA: Which isn't to say that AC/DC didn't have some seriously kick-ass songs!

I ment GreenDays songs all sound the same, kinda like most AC/DC songs nearly sound the same
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
There are literally hundreds of other neo-punk bands that sound just like them.  Many came before them, many came after them.  I don't really like that "style" of punk so I can't be of more help regarding names of bands.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ment GreenDays songs all sound the same, kinda like most AC/DC songs nearly sound the same

Ah! Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't really like that "style" of punk so I can't be of more help regarding names of bands.

Me neither, actually, but this song has something I like. Go figure...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:47:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm with you...It's a great song. The message sucks though....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:51:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]
They are so frickin old.  Too old to still make good rock music.  I listened to Green Day fifteen years ago.  They should just stfu and go the way of old rock stars.

And if you take political advice (not you Zap but people in general) froma arock band than you deserve to live in Kerry Presidency.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So...... anyone else have tis dilemma?

No. Send me your Greenday CDs, I need coasters.

They suck as musicians, they suck as writers, they suck as political pundits. Therefore, they have no purpose in life.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I listened to Green Day fifteen years ago.  

Huh?

They look like they'd be in DIAPERS 15 years ago!

Maybe I need new glasses....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't stand Green Day. I think the music sucks.

Kind of like a lot of the crap new rock played on the radio today
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#17]
They've been around a while.  I'm 22 now.. first heard them at least 10 years ago when I was in 7th grade.

I bought the American Idiot CD.  If I like the music then I'll buy it, I don't give a rats ass about their political views.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Green Day is soooooo 1994!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I do not know all of their lyrics, but it seemed the gist of this song is that to blindly belive the media makes one an American Idiot. YMMV

The band has said it's about President Bush

This song was featured in the de-elect Bush cds that musicians have been making to get Bush out of office.

It's not about the media, it's about Bush.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They've been around a while.  I'm 22 now.. first heard them at least 10 years ago when I was in 7th grade.

I bought the American Idiot CD.  If I like the music then I'll buy it, I don't give a rats ass about their political views.

+1

However, I do find it funny that
most people do not even know
what they are singing. I was at
Coyote Ugly in Vegas a couple
of weeks ago and the whole place
was happily singing along to
"Killing in the Name Of" and
"Bulls on Parade" by Rage. It
was funny to watch these rich
white kids with Prada bags and
Tag watches singing along to the
Maxist bullshit Zack spews.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
couple
"Bulls on Parade" by Rage.

That's all I needed to hear.

I have extremely strong opinions on the lead singer, Zack de la Rocha (more like Zack de la Coksuker).

Without putting myself in a position for being banned, let me say I wouldn't mind to see him start a fight with a group of Vietnam vets.

That "man" would deserve everything those vets would do to him. He is pathetic filth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
couple
"Bulls on Parade" by Rage.

That's all I needed to hear.

I have extremely strong opinions on the lead singer, Zack de la Rocha (more like Zack de la Coksuker).

Without putting myself in a position for being banned, let me say I wouldn't mind to see him start a fight with a group of Vietnam vets.

That "man" would deserve everything those vets would do to him. He is pathetic filth.

I agree.

I love the fact that his band is now
more sucessful without him (as
Audioslave).

Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Please dont use green day and AC/DC in the same sentance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Green Day: foul-mouthed, drunk driving, wife beaters telling me how to vote. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

BLASPHEMER!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top