Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 10:08:12 PM EDT
How come certain movies DVD's (duh) are not released on DVD's?

Like "The Seven-ups" or "Cinderella Liberty".

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Taxman!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I saw you eadited it.  That why are certain DVDs not relased on DVDs had me wondering what you ment.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How come certain movies DVD's (duh) are not released on DVD's?

Like "The Seven-ups" or "Cinderella Liberty".

Those are both great movies.

Maybe there is not a large audience to justify the release? Perhaps they cannot find the master tapes?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I've been waiting for Gumball Rally to come to DVD forever.  Don't think it will ever happen.

The really sad thing though is that I saw LASER BLAST in the theater.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you know they just released DUEL ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've been waiting for Gumball Rally to come to DVD forever.  Don't think it will ever happen.

Is that your way of saying you're an old fart or just have bad taste in movies?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I been getting my stuff at the local blockbastard, sometimes there selection is lacking
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Lord, that was a shitty movie!

And Dennis Weaver is an anti-gun fuck too.

Quoted:
Did you know they just released DUEL ?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little bit of both.  Of course as a twelve year old you have hope when you see a title like Laser Blast.  Holy crap that was a let down, and my standards were pretty low.  Man, what crappy entertainment we had to deal with as kids.  Kids these days have it so good.  Man, I woulda killed to be able to have a modern computer with modern games back then.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:01:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Dunno.  It took a lot of calling and such to get Sony to release "The Critic" on DVD.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little bit of both.  Of course as a twelve year old you have hope when you see a title like Laser Blast.  Holy crap that was a let down, and my standards were pretty low.  Man, what crappy entertainment we had to deal with as kids.  Kids these days have it so good.  Man, I woulda killed to be able to have a modern computer with modern games back then.

There were some good movies in '78. Hell, you could have seen "Midnight Express" and been scared for life.

Worse, when I was 10 my parents made the mistake of taking us kids to see "Sunday Bloody Sunday." Talk about scared for life. WTH were they thinking?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were some good movies in '78. Hell, you could have seen "Midnight Express" and been scared for life.

Worse, when I was 10 my parents made the mistake of taking us kids to see "Sunday Bloody Sunday." Talk about scared for life. WTH were they thinking?

Well, my older brother took me to see night of the living dead when I was six.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Even back then I know that a car could outrun and out manuver a late 1940's / early 1950's semi truck.

If you lived in SoCal and ever traveled the old I-5 Grapevine then you know what I am talking about.

Quoted:
Whadda ya want?  It was a low-budget made-for-TV movie that, at the time, was pretty scary, with the relentless, phantom-driven Mack truck trying to kill Dennis Weaver (and who could blame it?).  Based on a short story by Stephen King, and directed by Spielberg; his first major work.

Of course, today, it is HORRIBLY dated, but if you can get past that, it's still an interesting movie.  I bought it on VHS for my dad a few years ago, as he'd been wanting to see it again after not seeing it since the early 80s.

-Troy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top