Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 8:38:17 PM EDT
Just a thought iv been having.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
PETA sends me stuff, and I send them trash in prepaid letters.

They did give me 5 cents.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A few of my friends have become PETA psychos in the last few years and they are extremely pro gun (yet are still gonna vote for kerry )
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A few of my friends have become PETA psychos in the last few years and they are extremely pro gun (yet are still gonna vote for kerry )

How does this work??
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, you just don't lead 'em as much.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say "not likely".

Given that most (not all) PETA types tend to be sheeple, soccer mommies, evirowhackos and tree hugging hippies you won't find many gun owners in that demographic.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I know a hot chick in AZ that is a PETA nut and a gun nut.

Ordinarily I wouldn't put up with shit like that, but like I said, she's hot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does this work??

cause they belive in gun ownership, but not legal gun ownership
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Those fuckers are crazy, and therefore normal rules of logic do not apply.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking of Joining up ranks with PETA....Doesn't that stand for People who Ethically Treat Animals? Yep......That would be me. I follow all game laws when Hunting. Try to make the animal suffer as little as possible.

As a matter of Fact. I made Friends with the last Steer that I Fed Out. Hell, I even asked the Butcher to make friends with him before he Butchered Him...

Yeah, PETA, where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was thinking of Joining up ranks with PETA....Doesn't that stand for People who Ethically Treat Animals? Yep......That would be me. I follow all game laws when Hunting. Try to make the animal suffer as little as possible.

As a matter of Fact. I made Friends with the last Steer that I Fed Out. Hell, I even asked the Butcher to make friends with him before he Butchered Him...

Yeah, PETA, where do I sign up?

I was thinking more for joiing up to get thrown out, wouldnt be the first or last place to throw me out
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
PETA sends me stuff, and I send them trash in prepaid letters.

They did give me 5 cents.

I sent them the junk mail application for the North American Hunting Club
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
You need a deer rifle to be an active member of

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Don't you?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#14]
What does PETA have to do with gun ownership?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have been under deep cover for a few days.. And I got to say they are fucking nuts!!

I have been asked how I can blend in there so well.
I think like a man, and then I take away reason and accountability.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap... what movie was that.  I can't remember.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ever been invited to an earth first convention?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever been invited to an earth first convention?

No, I generally don't run with that crowd.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Not necessarily PETA, but other animal welfare organisations. I am as pro-gun as it gets,
eat meat (either hunted or from organic farms where animals are able to roam freely), but
this doesn't stop me from seeing the need for animal welfare (endangered species protection
programs, dog/cat shelters, etc.). IMHO we are the one specie who is able to think morally
and reflect it's doing- so we ARE responsible what happens to the "least of these".  
Altough I don't hunt myself, I see the need for it and think that hunted animals got the
chance to live a much more happier, natural live than pigs, chickens or cows in what
some call "21st century animal concentration camps" for mass produced food. Trophy
hunting or shooting animals just for the heck of it, is something I will never understand from
my subjective point of view.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#20]
They sent me a nickle...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They sent me a nickle...

I sent them back thier survey with a letter letting them know I put it towards a steak
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#22]
So you are posting as a woman.....

Quoted:
I have been under deep cover for a few days.. And I got to say they are fucking nuts!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Nope.  Liberals would short circut on the attempt at Cognitive Dissonance.  It would be like feeding '2' to a CPU, if such a thing were possible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#24]
More often than not PETA takes their shit to the extreme. I used to hunt and I don't do it anymore because it is my personal choice not to. I fully support hunting and those who choose to do so. It is just not for me.

I became a vegetarian six years ago for medical reasons and I am healthier for it. I also don't discuss my dietary choices with others unless they ask me about them. I am not a member of PETA, I am not a fag, and I consider myself to be as tough as the next guy - I just don't eat land animals and I certainly don't condone what goes on in the animal factories just so we can feed a flesh-hungry society.

I personally know many people who hunt and every single one of them has a deep respect for wildlife and preserving our natural environment, and like myself they do not buy into animal cruelty. That is why they hunt and fish so they don't have to pay high dollars to purchase abused "factory-farmed animals" to feed their families.

PETA is an extreme organization with extreme methods and I don't agree with how they handle their cause. On the other hand and much to their credit they have uncovered some pretty startling facts regarding how animals are poorly treated and abused... I will give them that.

I do know that you can be a full supporter of gun rights and hunting and not be a bleeding heart liberal, while at the same time supporting a stand against animal abuse. Abuse is abuse no matter how you view it and being compassionate towards animals is something I will always support.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I voted yes.  but thats in a perfect world.  in a perfect world peta would recognize that hunting is part of the natural "way" of life on earth and limitting it or ending it does more harm than good.  It would be quite UNethical to allow certain animal populations to overpopulate or to give certain animals a false sense of superiority, leading them to lose their natural survival instincts.  There are hunters and outdoorsman organisations taht do a better job, but i still  voted yes cause its possible.  The only way to beat these morons is from the insside - they have no brain to convince, so join em and change em.  That;s what I plan on doing with the UN.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So you are posting as a woman.....

Quoted:

Well I guess yes!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Crap... what movie was that. I can't remember.

As good as it gets???? Something like that anyway, the one with Jack Nickelson (sp)

(ETA:  Hey!  I just learned how to do the quotes!)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#28]

ETA:  double post--still learning the forum tools
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Of course PETA supporters like guns, silly!  How else can they shoot those mean hunters?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Anti-meat, then anti-hunting, then anti-gun.  won't take long to start down that road.

Brent
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't think they mix at all.

Ass Wipes!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I think you can be humane and have affection for animals and be a gun nut... not sure you can support PETA at the same time... you can't even drink a pepsi and support them...seriously, when I was in Dekalb this was a major issue at NIU. The PETA folks protested outside the President's house for something like 4 hours over the school's pepsi contract... he wasn't home but that didn't stop them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top