Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 4:22:27 PM EDT
are voting for Lurch?

My fucking worthless sister is voting Lurch. It figures. She is fucking beyond hope. Maybe I can set her up with LT when he gets into town.

My brother, three cousins, my wife, myself, nephew, niece, and grandmother are voting President Bush, again. My uncle is voting Bush, but he is in another state.

So, that is 10 Bush, 1 Lurch in my immediate family. I haven't asked other non-immediate family, but for the most part are conservative. Four of the above pro-Bush voters live in West L.A. and two college students at a major Kali university.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a damn one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Zero Lurch supporters in my family, immediate AND extended  .
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
My cousin is a deputy sheriff and is voting for sKerry
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
we here in south mississippi dont like dem commie liberals.......0 votes for lurch
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
None in my family, but my girlfriend's family is conservative, however, they have a 23 yr. old daughter that moved to New York and is now dating a 31 yr. old German architect and she is becoming a liberal ass hat. We have two flambouyantly gay kids at my high school and I took my GF back to her house after Homecoming. Her sister was there and we were telling her about how nasty it was to watch these two Dick Ticklers grind all over each other. Her sister has the balls to tell the both of us, "You shouldn't say that's wrong, you should be open to whatever other people want to do..."

In my head I'm thinking, "What the fuck did you just say..."... so I just kept quiet and hoped some day she would read some literature about the concentration of AIDs in the homosexual population, the concentration of the abuse of substances, etc.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Sister in law is a flaming lib and will vote for dickboy, but everyone else is a GW fan.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#9]
All except my twin brother.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not a damn one.

+1 I wont let that shit happen... and you souldnt either! you had better tie your sister
up and lock her in a closet Nov. 2nd or convince her the elections are on the 3rd or sum'n.                                                                
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
All of them, except for my brother, who is voting for Badnarik.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#12]
A big goose-egg!

Brother is more conservative than I, my Dad saw the light a few years ago and there is a photo of President and Mrs Bush addressed to my Mom.

Oh, and I will be voting for Nader.  He has done quite a bit for automotive technology in the preceding decades.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
too damn many  

they tell each other they should 'do something' about me, whatever that means  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
There are no liberals in my family.  Not one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Zero There are things We just will not tolerate

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
too damn many  

It means they want to lock you in a room with a TV that only plays "Dr. Phil" and then indoctrinate you with the statement that, "CNN is the way, the truth, and the life..."
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Just one right now, my great-grandmother
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Step mother.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How Many Liberals In You Immediate Family are voting for Lurch?

Didn't Ted Cassidy (Lurch on "The Addams Family") pass away some time ago ? How is a dead man running for office? Or are we in Chicago, Dorthy?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]
3 that i know of. My Step Dad, and his mom and dad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't have the foggiest and don't really care one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Ex-wife and her new hubby (a trial lawyer).  Our daughter thinks they are nuts.  Guess she got the good genes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Everyones a Lib except me.. Dunno if they will actually be voting tho
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#25]
None
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Father, and sister.

Mamma is still split down the issue. My father is trying to hammer his stupid points home, but she raised me to think independently, and outside the box. I was raised to check facts time and time again, to confirm the unconfirmed.

Therefore, if info comes out of my mouth, she listens. I'm still workin on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately, yes ... my sister in-law outlaw and hers. Father in law too, but mostly keeps it to himself.

They are not "immeadiate" family, so I guess this doesn't count.

But drives me plum crazy, none the less.

She knows better than to express her un-dignified veiws in my house. But we get along to a point.

This is good ... I like to let love abound.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Bother who is somewhat ot the left of Karl Marx, sister who lives just outside of San Francisco, both parents who are in their 80s. I'm the only one voting for the future of this country, and probably the world.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Unfortunatly most will be voting for lurch, the bitch of it (aside from the obvious) is none are really liberal, they just trust the mainstream media after years of union brainwashing. My mom was a teacher and my dad was a railroad electrician, both would be accurately described as conservative in thier beliefs, I just don't get it. They see me as the assault rifle owning nut that Dan, Tom and Peter warn them about on the news each night. We have had some great discussions, I have proven them wrong time after time, its hard to change 50 years of party loyalty though.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]

My sister will be voting for Lurch. That's 1 for sKerry and 6 for Bush

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#31]
My 81 year old registered as a Dem grandmother is voting against lurch.

His idea's scare her.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Nobody. My grandmother, a democrat, is even voting Bush. However, two of my aunts are voting kerry, and all of one of them's offspring and her husband.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#33]

I have a great idea for all of you with liberals in your family: Do the "our votes cancel out so lets both not vote thing", and then go vote anyways
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#34]
My registered Democrat grand-mother is voting for Bush, too. However, I threatened to unhook her oxygen supply if she didn't.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#35]
All my siblings vote lurch .... my dad votes Bush ... my mother would have voted lurch also, but she died 2 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#36]
My mom always votes for the democratic candidate.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
too damn many  

[RANT ON]Good God Man!!! Dont you understand you live behind enemy lines?

Show them the light, Find a topic they care about and show them where kerry stands on it.
                                  (90% of the time his record will be differant then they expected)

Tell them he is a flag burner. (show them pics)

Explain to them that Kerry has allways been a suporter of  comunist
                                   countries (there are TONS of photos/storys if they want proof)

Show them his voting record Its all right here...

I keep finding time and time again that once you show people the Real Facts they
are Shocked. There are WAY to many people out there that are going to vote for Kerry
for no other reason that they are Confused about the facts.

I know its a real pian in the ass to talk politics with them but its Just To Important
Right now to not be vigilant in informing the sheep. Especially here in Ohio. [/RANT OFF]

Sory, I am sure you are already doing these things. I am just concerned that I
may have to change my active state status from OH. to PROH.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
too damn many  

[RANT ON]Good God Man!!!im a lady Dont you understand you live behind enemy lines?

Show them the light, Find a topic they care about and show them where kerry stands on it.

I keep finding time and time again that once you show people the Real Facts they
are Shocked. There are WAY to many people out there that are going to vote for Kerry
for no other reason that they are Confused about the facts.most of my family are completely irrational, older than i am and think im just young, dumb and corrupted by living with the unenlightened in the midwest

I know its a real pain in the ass to talk politics with them but its Just To Important
Right now to not be vigilant in informing the sheep. Especially here in Ohio. the family im referring to live in the northeast, NJ, CT and DC[/RANT OFF]

Sorry, I am sure you are already doing these things. I am just concerned that I
may have to change my active state status from OH. to PROH.the ones who do listen, my sister, brother in law (here in OH) and my brother, think im a font of knowledge

the original question was who was voting, not what am i doing about it  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#39]
zero
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Not a single blood-relative of voting age will be voting against GWBush.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
A big goose-egg!

Brother is more conservative than I, my Dad saw the light a few years ago and there is a photo of President and Mrs Bush addressed to my Mom.

Oh, and I will be voting for Nader.  He has done quite a bit for automotive technology in the preceding decades.

nader = automotive technology??!?!?!

wanna buy a bridge?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
too damn many  

[RANT ON]Good God Man!!!im a lady Dont you understand you live behind enemy lines?

for no other reason that they are Confused about the facts.most of my family are completely irrational, older than i am and think im just young, dumb and corrupted by living with the unenlightened in the midwest

I know its a real pain in the ass to talk politics with them but its Just To Important
Right now to not be vigilant in informing the sheep. Especially here in Ohio. the family im referring to live in the northeast, NJ, CT and DC[/RANT OFF]

Sorry, I am sure you are already doing these things. I am just concerned that I
may have to change my active state status from OH. to PROH.the ones who do listen, my sister, brother in law (here in OH) and my brother, think im a font of knowledge

the original question was who was voting, not what am i doing about it  

I knew as I was writing that one I was gona make an ass out of my self one way or another,
but I did it anyway. Like I said

Sorry, I am sure you are already doing these things.
Just had to say it , we have got to make sure Bush Wins OH.
IM inbound to make sure there are no hard feelings.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#43]
my sister and her family,my ex-wife,but I got  all 5 of my kids going the right way. even my youngest daughter who I wasn't certain until after an ad for Kerry,she said "Kerry sucks", boy I felt good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#44]
none!  the extended family that might, i have disowned along time ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I knew as I was writing that one I was gona make an ass out of my self one way or another,
but I did it anyway. Like I said

Sorry, I am sure you are already doing these things.
Just had to say it , we have got to make sure Bush Wins OH.
IM inbound to make sure there are no hard feelings.

no hard feelings at all

like i said, i realized over the summer my sister and brother are both fairly open to more conservative ideas--my sister is still swayed by the 'news'(we had quite a go-round when i said Dan Rather tells lies), but listens to my opinions on most issues--since shes a teacher, im glad she listens to me and not the liberal asshats she works with
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is a sad one.  My sister-in-law lives in NYC, she couldn't get to work for months after, well you know, because all the ash, body parts, etc... and she told me the other day that New Yorkers don't listen when they are warned about THREATS.....she says " it's not like I'm gonna stop shoppin or goin to work!"  She is pro sKerry like a crack whore is pro abortion, she says she dosen't want any more war or people getting hurt.  WTF!!!???  I don't talk to her anymore, she has plenty of her gay show tune loving friends, she dosen't need me.  I must apologize, I have nothing against show tunes or those that enjoy them!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Not a damn one. ZERO.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#48]
None.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#49]
none
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top