Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 1:23:26 PM EDT
Nothing.  They don't exist!    
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
honest lawyers dont have long records as being career lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to say RARE.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was going to say RARE.

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to say broke!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Deceased.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
[Bravo Sierra mode one]
Eric the Hun? [/Bravo Sierra mode off]

Perhaps this will allow me one extra 'get of of ban this week' ticket.

::wiping the brown off the front of the keyboard:: Sad when a buying member must resort to such 'shyte' to keep their membership active.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
one who's mute?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you call 25 skydiving lawyers?
Skeet.  

Woody
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Try:

Balzac72

ETH

Aimless

FLAL1A

et al.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's one.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Esquire
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What do you call an honest lawyer?

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Is the answer unemployed?

- actually, I know a few honest lawyers, some of them are shooting buddies. You really have to worry about the personal liabiliy ones - and even them, some people do actually deserve to be sued (since we cant shoot them)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#13]
i was goign say  our own Duke Nukem.  he always fights the good fight, Ronald
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a test right???

Or a joke.

There is no such thing as an honest lawyer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#15]
My mother's an honest lawyer. Her clients are the dishonest ones. And then she screams at them until they tell the truth.

This might explain why she's the one who gets little business and always gets the crazy clients.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#16]
What do you call a bus load of lawyers going over a cliff?
A good start.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I work for a lawyer and I'm around many others all day long.

I can say this without a doubt, lawyers don't know when they're lying. I see this on a daily basis. They lie so much that they forget what the truth even is. For the most part lawyers are all sociopaths.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Come on, its just a job.  Lighten up.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#19]
This gets old. I work in a law firm and I'm beginning law school next year. At my office we represent a lot of scum bags but some times its the scum that can breath the most life into the constitution. True, it's sad that some lawyers are working so hard to fuck us over like the ones suing gun manufacturers and the ambulance chasers. But lawyers are one of the biggest checks on government abuse that we have. Until you work several cases you will never realize just how dishonest the government is and how little the constituton means to most judges, state attornies, and law enforcement agencies.

Sometimes you'll be damn glad to have a talented attorney. Right now I'm working on a self defense case in which a man who was watching his car get stolen was charged by his own vehicle and shot the thief. The state attorney is siding with the scum bag that stole the car and he isn't even getting charged....after all "we can't have people taking the law into their own hands" hinking.gif. Not all of us are lieing, cheating, liberal scumbags
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Honest Lawyer = oxymoron  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i was goign say  our own Duke Nukem.  he always fights the good fight, Ronald

+1

MIKE

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Unemployed
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Liar Liar
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
If two lawyers were drowning, and you could only save one.  Would you?

a). Have lunch.
b). Take a nap
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
If youy want to find an honest lawyer, look at a career prosecutor. These are the guys who could be making big $$$ in private practice or as career politicians, but instead they choose to serve the public. I know one who could make millions in private practice but he believes it is his mission in life to send scumbags to prison.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If youy want to find an honest lawyer, look at a career prosecutor. These are the guys who could be making big $$$ in private practice or as career politicians, but instead they choose to serve the public. I know one who could make millions in private practice but he believes it is his mission in life to send scumbags to prison.

I know lots of them who would be hustling traffic tickets outside the courthouse if they weren't on the public tit, too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#27]
What do you call an honest lawyer????????????  

It's a trap! Don't answer!  Besides the concept of the honest lawyer is an urban myth!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Let's see, I just "fired" a client because she had completely unrealistic expectations regarding her sexual harassment claim.  

I, in good conscious, could not proceed.  

Now, I suppose I could have postured the case through some discovery, depositions, and motions, and taken quite a bit of her money, which she had already paid me in a retainer, only to ultimately attempt to settle the case for a paltry sum that likely would have been LESS than the fees up until that point, but that would have violated my personal ethics considering that her case simply didn't warrant it.  

She basically begged me to go forward, but the case was simply a dog.  

She'll probably find another scumbag to take her case, but not me.  

I regularly tell clients when their cases suck, or that they would be better off going to small claims, etc.

My professional reputation is paramount.  I've already seen it payoff from referrals and the like.  People know that they are dealing with a stright shooter with me and I get more play with that than by being a "fast talker" or a "shark."  

I'll be garbage man before I'm dishonest or unethical.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#30]
What's the difference between a Lawyer and a catfish ??

One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker .
The other is a fish
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Let's see, I just "fired" a client because she had completely unrealistic expectations regarding her sexual harassment claim.  

I, in good conscious, could not proceed.  

Now, I suppose I could have postured the case through some discovery, depositions, and motions, and taken quite a bit of her money, which she had already paid me in a retainer, only to ultimately attempt to settle the case for a paltry sum that likely would have been LESS than the fees up until that point, but that would have violated my personal ethics considering that her case simply didn't warrant it.  

She basically begged me to go forward, but the case was simply a dog.  

She'll probably find another scumbag to take her case, but not me.  

I regularly tell clients when their cases suck, or that they would be better off going to small claims, etc.

My professional reputation is paramount.  I've already seen it payoff from referrals and the like.  People know that they are dealing with a stright shooter with me and I get more play with that than by being a "fast talker" or a "shark."  

I'll be garbage man before I'm dishonest or unethical.  

Yea, porbably only because you took some payoff from the other side cause some crony of yours represents the putative defendant. You didn't even help that poor lady and you probably even charged her for your time FOR SHAME!! You just don't want to help...that's it, yea, crooked attorney!

p.s.

big +1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#34]
An Urban Legend.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top