Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 12:40:12 PM EDT
"We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance."
Hanoi-John Kerry, October 10, 2004.
Article

"get back to the place we were"... a place like we were under the Clinton regime when the terrorists were a "nuisance" by bombing the WTC in '93, bombing Khobar Towers in '96, planning the second WTC attack in '98, bombing the US Embassies in Kenya & Tanzania in '98, nearly succeeding in the "Millenium" bombing in LA, bombing the USS Cole in '00...

Yep, them were the good ol' days.

Kerry also equated terrorism to prostitution and illegal gambling.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]

"get back to the place we were"...  

Translation: Go back to the Clinton-era policy of ignoring Islamic maniacs and declare war on American citizens, instead.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Hanoi Kerry never ceases to amaze scare me.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I reckon he looks at 9/11 as an "inconvenience", then?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
"get back to the place we were" is an open admission that Kerry is a 9/10 candidate in 2004

Steve
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]

I wonder how many homicide-bombings or beheadings per month would Hanoi-John consider to be just a mere "nuisance"?

Actually, if ONLY people HE were related to were beheaded, maybe I could see his point then.

Fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
kerry sounds like a respectable man person that can lead our country in the right left direction.

what a douche bag.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are people still supporting this asshole?

Sounds like Chamberlain in the late 30's dealing with that chap Hitler across the channel.

Kerry gets elected and we're going to find ourselves in the EXACT same spot.  Clearly defined enemies building thier strength and resources while we sit on our asses and make noises of appeasement.

If I could have one wish granted it would be that people have SOME grasp of history and realize that it DOES repeat itself when no one takes the time to understand it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Feelings, not common sense. I learned this a long time ago about Liberals.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush vision of terrorism:  Terrorists are military enemies, to be engaged by our military forces
Kerry vision of terrorism:  Terrorists are criminals, to be engaged by law enforcement (same as Clintons view)

Bush vision of terrorism:  Proactive - Engage terrorists before they attack us
Kerry vision of terrorism: Reactive - Engage terrorists after they attack us, because at that point they have broken laws

Bush's vision is clearly better for our national security.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feelings, not common sense. I learned this a long time ago about Liberals.  

because "anybody but Bush" is such a catchy phrase.

sheepish-followers love being catchy and trendy.

"anybody but bush" is trendy.......

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Exactly right.  Imagine 10 yesas from now when terrorists are using WMD technology.

Being reactive to terrorist threats is obsolete.  Bush knows this.  Kerry does not.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
what a F*** head
I have nothing else to say about that guy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, if I had a choice between now and the Clinton years (Clinton years meaning great economy, no national security threats, pinprick terror attacks against embassies and military overseas)?  I'd take the Clinton years in a heartbeat.  But  that's just not an option anymore after 9/11.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, is that article from the future??  October 10, 2005
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Its in the upcoming New York Times Magazine
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its in the upcoming New York Times Magazine

If Hanoi Kerry gets elected, I doubt we'll be around for next year's issue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#19]
What the SOB doesn't know is that terrorists would consider him a nuisence.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What the SOB doesn't know is that terrorists would consider him a nuisence.

He does need to be squashed...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn...that is disgusting.  How can that idiot say such stupid shit and get away with it?  If Bush had made such a moronic statement, the media would be on him like ugly on an ape!  These terrorists have been murdering innocents for decades.  They just jumped to the Big League this time.  Amazing...simply amazing!  

I remain amazed at the closeness of this election race.  I am also sad at the way the press has become the [pro bono] propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.  There is NO way Kerry should be this close in a rational world.  We truly are in a surreal dimension.  We are at war with an enemy as implacable and as dangerous as Nazism and Facism were in the '40s...yet our media continues to perform as they do...and our opposition party dishes out anti-American propaganda and tries to destroy this president and in so doing, our own country.  It is the '60s anti-war movement all over again!

American can NOT afford to go wobbly now.  We can NOT return to the "good old days" where the terrorists were "mere nuisances".  Hopefully, enough of our friends and neighbors will awaken to the incredible danger staring us in the face and turn him away...AND turn Hillary away in 2008.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Too bad he was addressing a FL audience.  I'd love to see him try that in NYC.  

New Bush ad:  Kerry describing terrorism as a nuisance...........fade away........fade in scenes of WTC jumpers.

I wonder what Kerry would have called the attack on Pearl Harbor..........a really big nuisance??

Sam
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#23]
More people died in the WTC attack then the attack at Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor would have been considered "insignificant" by Kerry.

(edited for clarification)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like Kerry is one of those "September 10th Democrats" I read so much about.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance."
Hanoi-John Kerry, October 10, 2004.
Article

"get back to the place we were"... a place like we were under the Clinton regime when the terrorists were a "nuisance" by bombing the WTC in '93, bombing Khobar Towers in '96, planning the second WTC attack in '98, bombing the US Embassies in Kenya & Tanzania in '98, nearly succeeding in the "Millenium" bombing in LA, bombing the USS Cole in '00...

Yep, them were the good ol' days.

Kerry also equated terrorism to prostitution and illegal gambling.
members.cox.net/themacallan/KerrySalute.jpg

what a fucking moron...how could anyone with kids or someone who knows someone with kids even think of voting for him???

The guy is a fucking nuiscance
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#26]
C'mon guys... you can't fight a "sensitive" war on terror without ignoring reality & forgetting history!

Give the poor man a break... at least he has a "plan".
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#27]
unfucking real this guy can be a candidate
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
unfucking real this guy can be a candidate

What also scares me is that people refuse to see the reality.  
If Kerry gets elected, these folks will be the first to go - Darwin will work his magic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top