Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 6:16:39 PM EDT
An incident happened at work a while back, and I was "outed" as a gun-lover. I bought a AA Glock .22 kit and the receptionist opened it. The liberal college girl just about had a coronary.

Anyway, from then on I saw no point in hiding the fact that I like guns, so I have been pretty casual about mentioning it to my co-workers that yes, I have a Glock 19, and I love it. My office is in Austin, so it is pretty liberal, politically - some vegetarians and animal lovers, what not.

Anyway, I'm a gun nut and I just don't care anymore.

(BTW, the new receptionist likes guns).
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Daily affirmation with clean cut.

I'm ok and your ok, and darnit people like me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't go around screaming it from the rooftops but I sure as hell won't hide it either.

I'm a law-abiding citizen that bends over backwards to obey all these blantently Unconstitutional laws.  I'll be damned if I behave as though I'm ashamed of being a gun owner.  That's EXACTLY what the grabbers want to happen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
So...now you are out of the gun closet...enjoying the fresh air filled with burnt poweder smell?

MT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
 welcome to the club
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I usually ask people why they don't own guns. You wouldn't believe the stupid excuses i've heard.

They scare me.

I have kids around.

Never thought about it.

I could never shoot anybody anyway.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#7]
As I have the name of a gun inked on my wrist, hiding the fact that I love guns is kinda hard to do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm "out." I regularly get ammo from my Secret Santa!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not live my life for other people's approval - ESPECIALLY some liberal veggie-eating womenz.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
An incident happened at work a while back, and I was "outed" as a gun-lover. I bought a AA Glock .22 kit and the receptionist opened it. The liberal college girl just about had a coronary.

Anyway, from then on I saw no point in hiding the fact that I like guns, so I have been pretty casual about mentioning it to my co-workers that yes, I have a Glock 19, and I love it. My office is in Austin, so it is pretty liberal, politically - some vegetarians and animal lovers, what not.

Anyway, I'm a gun nut and I just don't care anymore.

They dont like you because you have a glock. If it were an HK they would be fine with you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I always try to make it obvious that I love/own guns. I used to have personalized plates on my truck that said "Gun Nut", I now have an 11"x14.5" NRA Life Member sticker on my rear window, and I generally work in some comment about hunting or shooting whenever I talk to someone new.
 Today at church a friend asked if I had my cell phone on me, which I had hooked to my suspenders under my suit coat. When I started getting it out he said "Oh, I thought that was your pistol".
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't make it obvioous, but normally I go to enough gun shows and shooting or hunting trips that people will ask where I am going, and I tell them.

Lots of people are really nice to me after they learn this. I think they are scared.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck 'em...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't advertise it because I don't want to alert any thieving SOBs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I have taken my co-workers to the range.

I have taken my customers to the range.

I am not afraid to admit I am a gun owner, enthusiast and 2nd Amendment supporter.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I live in south Texas so I guess being a gun-lover is no big deal. I do have NRA and TSRA decals on my pickup. And I have invited several co-workers to go shooting. Irregardless of where you live you gotta be you.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
"Hello Eveyone!, Welcome to tonights meeting. I'd like to start it off by saying a little about Myself, and why I'm here.... My name is Tall Shadow.......And I am an outed Gun Nut!"

"I'd like to welcome a new member into our group, Everyone please welcome clean_cut!"

"Hi clean_cut!, Welcome!"

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fuck 'em...

right in the pooper

oh yeah, take pics too!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I never hid it myself.  But I also never had gun parts delevered to my work.

Since the receptionist likes guns why don't you ask her out?

Or is she also a lesbian?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I do not live my life for other people's approval - ESPECIALLY some liberal veggie-eating womenz.

Uh huh.....

RIGHT....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't advertise it because I don't want to alert any thieving SOBs.

Pansy...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#23]
This is why you never have stuff delivered to work.

Last company I worked at this fruit in engineering decided to have some "adult novelties" delivered to work, they were promptly opened by the receptionist for some reason.  Lets just say they reassured everyone of his sexual orientation
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, I never hid it myself.  But I also never had gun parts delevered to my work.

Since the receptionist likes guns why don't you ask her out?

Or is she also a lesbian?

SGtar15

No, but she is married. And she sleeps with a .357. (Her redneck husband also owns a gun, or more). I ain't touching that one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is why you never have stuff delivered to work.

Last company I worked at this fruit in engineering decided to have some "adult novelties" delivered to work, they were promptly opened by the receptionist for some reason.  Lets just say they reassured everyone of his sexual orientation

No big deal. Kind of a relief actually. I can piss the women off at work with my All right the AWB died! talk.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Usually it takes a few seconds for someone who walks into my office to figure out I enjoy firearms.

If that doesn't get their attention, usually the AR15 lower receiver blueprint on the opposite wall sparks some curiosity and most people will study it trying to figure out what it is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Usually it takes a few seconds for someone who walks into my office to figure out I enjoy firearms.

www.MetalSchnitzel.com/images/misc/BlammODoor2.jpg

If that doesn't get their attention, usually the AR15 lower receiver blueprint on the opposite wall sparks some curiosity and most people will study it trying to figure out what it is.

Nice 60mm round.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Daily affirmation with clean cut.

I'm ok and your ok, and darnit people like me.

If everybody was OK and everybody liked me, I wouldn't need to own firearms....

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Fellow gun owner and I would read Shotgun News, and Sportsmans Guide (ammo and optics edition) in break room. We were generlly given wide birth. (job was in Kalifornistan)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I would say"Stick it in her pooper and post pics !" but I am beyond that type of nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I never hide it ... if somoene doesnt like it ... then oh well ....

Liberals absolutely do not hide what they are all about, Im certainly not going to hide who I am.

My wallpaper on my computer at work has an AR15 on it!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

www.MetalSchnitzel.com/images/misc/BlammODoor2.jpg

Hey, I need a door for an F150, is that one for sale?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#33]
The door came off Matthew_Q's Ranger and I plasma-cut everything off the outer shell so it would hang on the wall, but I suppose it could be rewelded onto an F-150.    Since that picture was taken, I've added yellow "CRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS" tape across the door.  I have to admit that I've wondered what its eBay value might be.

The 60mm practice round was my dad's paperweight (he was in the military, I'm not).  Much sentimental value there.

I also have a pencil holder my brother made with 20mm shells he picked up off the deck of the USS Leyte Gulf after a phalanx test.  On my desk is a block of steel plate with a .30 cal AP penetrator core captured in it.

It usually doesn't take more than a minute or two for visitors to realize I like guns.    It's a great way to quickly differentiate liberals from conservatives.  People either cringe in horror or start touching stuff and cooing like pigeons.

[Edited for clarity]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Some things are best left to yourself.

I don't like to tip my hand, so to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top