Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 3:43:10 PM EDT
It will be on tonight at 8 pm EST.  Can't wait to watch it.  Enterprise travels back in time to WWII and encounter the Nazis.  Should be a good start to a new season.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
UPN
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Gealic Warrior beat me by a few seconds.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
UPN.

It ran last night here and there are lots of BitTorrent sources for the episode already.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It might be on other networks besides UPN, because it is a syndicated show.  Check local TV listings for showtimes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was supposed to air on Friday but the Yankee Game was listed on UPN tv listings in NY.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Tonight?

I watched it last night.  Friday night.

I thought it was good.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn...was there a Star Trek series where they didn't go back in time and fight Nazi's ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought that was a repeat from last season when the Insectoids were building the doomsday bomb.

I watched Andromeda instead.
I like the start of the new season.
They added a big titted blondie to the crew.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I just finished watching it on TV.  It was a pretty good episode.  I think the N.Y. area missed the season premiere due to the Yankee game being played instead and the season premiere was aired tonight.  Wonder if UPN will play repeats on Sunday for the rest of the seaon in case if I miss any episodes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I thought that was a repeat from last season when the Insectoids were building the doomsday bomb.

I watched Andromeda instead.
I like the start of the new season.
They added a big titted blondie to the crew.
www.andromedatv.com/images/cast_ledford0405.gif

I think I missed the start of the season for Andromeda....use to be on Sat in my area, but can't find it now...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't they do that in the original series?  

Umm...yes they did.

Is this show in such bad shape they need to reuse original series plots?

BTW, I only get CBS on rabbit ears anntennae. I haven't seen a Star Trek show in around 13 yrs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It might be on other networks besides UPN, because it is a syndicated show.  Check local TV listings for showtimes.

No - its UPN ONLY for 1st run shows.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#16]

It's on Sunday at 7:00 here

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think ST:TNG went back to battle the nazis -- might be wrong, i'm a little rusty on my mental TNG episode guide.

ST:DS9 went back in time to the late 40s/early 50s with the "Little Green Men" episode in season 4, but that was entirely to make fun of sci-fi/roswell/"weather balloons" etc.  Never fought the nazis.

Dunno about voyager (didn't really care for the series, but its growing on me, slowly)

Can't stand enterprise.  They royally fucked with the ST timeline in too many ways for it to be watchable.  It might be good on its own, but by trying to make it fit the ST universe, and then completely destroying the previously established psuedo-timeline just ruined it for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#19]
That's the episode I remember Doublefeed.

I guess I forgot it was a mirror society and not the original Nazis.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Didn't they do that in the original series?  

Umm...yes they did.

Is this show in such bad shape they need to reuse original series plots?

BTW, I only get CBS on rabbit ears anntennae. I haven't seen a Star Trek show in around 13 yrs.

Will we ever find out what happaned to the Klingons? I'll bet it had something to do with those tribbles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I see Trekkies coming out of the wood work
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]

It's zeee trap!

When the Enterprise approaches the inner planet Ekos to investigate the cessation of communication with researcher John Gill, it is attacked with a rocket carrying a nuclear weapon. This is puzzling as well as dangerous, since neither the outer planet Zeon nor the inner planet Ekos is technologically advanced enough to possess rockets or nuclear warheads. The Enterprise retreats to maximum orbital distance and Kirk and Spock beam down (after having position-broadcasting transponders surgically implanted in case of mishaps).

Kirk and Spock discover that a Nazi movement has swept the planet, complete with genocide of the "Zeon pigs" residing on Ekos. They view a public newscast in which the Iron Cross second class is presented to Daras, hero of the Fatherland. Kirk and Spock are also shocked to learn that Gill appears to be the leader of the planet's Nazi movement.

When they are approached and questioned by a Nazi Lieutenant, they overpower him and Spock steals his uniform. Spock then pretends that Kirk is a Zeon he has captured and nerve pinches a Gestapo commander who wishes to take charge of Kirk. This provides Kirk's uniform, and Spock compliments Kirk by telling him "You should make a very convincing Nazi."

As Kirk and Spock make their way to see the Führer, they are confronted by a Nazi S.S. Major after Spock neglects to salute him. The Major becomes suspicious, and Spock is exposed when he is forced to remove his helmet. Spock and Kirk are then whipped in the process of being interrogated. Nazi Party Chairman Eneg interrupts the "questioning" and tells the Nazis to lock up Kirk and Spock for an hour (in contradiction to standing orders to execute prisoners after interrogation).

In prison, Kirk and Spock speak to an imprisoned Zeon (whom they had previously encountered being beaten on the street by the Nazis) and find that the Nazi movement began several years ago (corresponding with the arrival of Gill). They escape from prison by making a primitive laser from the rubindium crystals in their transponders using their cell's incandescent bulb as the excitation source (not quite a flash arc and ruby crystal, but close enough in a pinch). Spock hides outside the cell and then nerve pinches the guard when Kirk summons him under the pretext of wanting to talk. Kirk and Spock also allow the Zeon prisoner to tag along.

Kirk and Spock penetrate Nazi headquarters with the help of Secretary Daras and Chairman Eneg. They discover that Gill is only the drugged puppet of deputy Führer Melakon after he gives a stilted speech unleashing the final assault on Zeon. McCoy is beamed down and manages to barely overcome the drug. Gill tells them that he started the Nazi movement to unify the planet (because it was the "most efficient system Earth ever knew"). With an extra hypo from Kirk, Gill manages to call back the invasion fleet and denounce Melakon as a traitor. Melakon grabs a machine-gun and kills Gill, only to be shot himself. Chairman Eneg takes over and stops the killing, declaring that "it is time to live the way our Fürher intended. Kirk and company then return to the Enterprise in peace.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
WTF!?! Enterprise isn't cancelled yet?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
fpw.isoc.net/cyberloin/idols/IdolPics/pic-WilliamNazi2.jpg
It's zeee trap!

When the Enterprise approaches the inner planet Ekos to investigate the cessation of communication with researcher John Gill, it is attacked with a rocket carrying a nuclear weapon. This is puzzling as well as dangerous, since neither the outer planet Zeon nor the inner planet Ekos is technologically advanced enough to possess rockets or nuclear warheads. The Enterprise retreats to maximum orbital distance and Kirk and Spock beam down (after having position-broadcasting transponders surgically implanted in case of mishaps).

Kirk and Spock discover that a Nazi movement has swept the planet, complete with genocide of the "Zeon pigs" residing on Ekos. They view a public newscast in which the Iron Cross second class is presented to Daras, hero of the Fatherland. Kirk and Spock are also shocked to learn that Gill appears to be the leader of the planet's Nazi movement.

When they are approached and questioned by a Nazi Lieutenant, they overpower him and Spock steals his uniform. Spock then pretends that Kirk is a Zeon he has captured and nerve pinches a Gestapo commander who wishes to take charge of Kirk. This provides Kirk's uniform, and Spock compliments Kirk by telling him "You should make a very convincing Nazi."

As Kirk and Spock make their way to see the Führer, they are confronted by a Nazi S.S. Major after Spock neglects to salute him. The Major becomes suspicious, and Spock is exposed when he is forced to remove his helmet. Spock and Kirk are then whipped in the process of being interrogated. Nazi Party Chairman Eneg interrupts the "questioning" and tells the Nazis to lock up Kirk and Spock for an hour (in contradiction to standing orders to execute prisoners after interrogation).

In prison, Kirk and Spock speak to an imprisoned Zeon (whom they had previously encountered being beaten on the street by the Nazis) and find that the Nazi movement began several years ago (corresponding with the arrival of Gill). They escape from prison by making a primitive laser from the rubindium crystals in their transponders using their cell's incandescent bulb as the excitation source (not quite a flash arc and ruby crystal, but close enough in a pinch). Spock hides outside the cell and then nerve pinches the guard when Kirk summons him under the pretext of wanting to talk. Kirk and Spock also allow the Zeon prisoner to tag along.

Kirk and Spock penetrate Nazi headquarters with the help of Secretary Daras and Chairman Eneg. They discover that Gill is only the drugged puppet of deputy Führer Melakon after he gives a stilted speech unleashing the final assault on Zeon. McCoy is beamed down and manages to barely overcome the drug. Gill tells them that he started the Nazi movement to unify the planet (because it was the "most efficient system Earth ever knew"). With an extra hypo from Kirk, Gill manages to call back the invasion fleet and denounce Melakon as a traitor. Melakon grabs a machine-gun and kills Gill, only to be shot himself. Chairman Eneg takes over and stops the killing, declaring that "it is time to live the way our Fürher intended. Kirk and company then return to the Enterprise in peace.

didn't they also use some blood(I forget which) to make the laser?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fpw.isoc.net/cyberloin/idols/IdolPics/pic-WilliamNazi2.jpg
It's zeee trap!

didn't they also use some blood(I forget which) to make the laser?

They used one of the transponders to amplify the light from the bulb and melt the lock

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It will be on tonight at 8 pm EST.  Can't wait to watch it.  Enterprise travels back in time to WWII and encounter the Nazis.  Should be a good start to a new season.

When in doubt, when Hollywood is totally bereft of new ideas, they ALWAYS trot out the Nazis. Evil White Guys sell, I guess......
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Not yet.  I think this season will be a little more interesting with the addition of guest stars.  In the season premiere they had the actor who plays Bobby on Sopranos.  He played a mob guy who is involved with the resistance against the Nazis.  Two weeks from now, Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) will be guest starring.  It will be interesting to see what role he will be playing.  Maybe, he'll be a temporal agent?  Does any one have any idea about Brent Spiner's role?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
He will be playing the role of Data's creators grandfather or some such. Don't remember the story line tie in but it was in TV guide a week or so ago.

Brent Spinner said the show needed help and he needed a job so he did the guest shot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#32]
The show sucked from it's inception!  They totally screwed up the "historical timeline" irreversably.  If Gene Roddenberry was still alive, he'd drop dead over this.  Also, the choice of Scott Backula as the captain was BAD.  He'll forever be remember from Quantam Leap.  I keep expecting him to "leap" into another body.

Anyone who calls themselves a fan or trekkie should demand that this show not only be cancelled but dumped in the nearest wormhole!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By treklord
...Anyone who calls themselves a fan or trekkie should demand that this show not only be cancelled but dumped in the nearest wormhole!

Yeah, whatever.  Will you go with it ?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We’re all waiting for T’Pol’s Full Frontal nude scene.

She is so HOT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top