Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 2:41:03 PM EDT
Kid on his way to Iraq was getting an ear full from one of the dealers.

Dealer was trying to sell Kid an OVERPRICED Bushy m4. According
to dealer, all the army is sending to Iraq is junk weapons. BUT
the army will let you take your own gun to Iraq. Thus the kid could buy the M4
and have the armorer put the full auto stuff in when he got to Iraq.

Since the kid didnt have the money for the OVERPRICED bushy, I just
walked on by.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at the Charlotte, NC Metrolina show today.
It's AMAZING the crap you hear at a gunshow!
Each time I walk away saying "Well, I've heard it all!"......and the next gunshow come with an all new load of crap.
LOL.......unbelievable!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
People suck...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That's why I stay away from "gun shows."  I use to get good deals but that was about 25 years ago.  I can get what I want from my local dealer who I know and trust , Brownells,  our dependable Industrial Partners and the "regulars" on the EE.  (Not necessarly in that order.)

Gun shows are a waste of my time.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I overheard an older fellow carrying an M1 Garand telling a dealer with a table full of overpriced Colt ARs that the military should still be using the M1 Carbine because it's accurate and powerful out to about 100 yards and really that's as far as any shooting happens anyways.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Bah with gun shows. I only bought one gun at a gun show. I go there now to buy beef jerky, beanie babies, and reloading supplies, and of course check out the babes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
are not gunshows where there is some undocumented competition on who can show up without showering the longest ?  

on a more serious note, there should be sameday public executions for dealers who knowingly misslead potential customers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bah with gun shows. I only bought one gun at a gun show. I go there now to buy beef jerky, beanie babies, and reloading supplies, and of course check out the babes.

well in Cali its kind of hard to buy a gun at a gun show with your 10 day waiting period
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]

I like looking at more stuff than you can usually see in your local shop. Get to handle a lot of different stuff side by side.  RARELY buy there though.  

Ammo can be a good deal, don't have to worry about shipping.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well in Cali its kind of hard to buy a gun at a gun show with your 10 day waiting period

Certificate of Eligibility - waiting period? what waiting period?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate it when some dealer tells a customer "The Army ditched the .308. You don't want that cartridge."
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I like looking at more stuff than you can usually see in your local shop. Get to handle a lot of different stuff side by side.  RARELY buy there though.  

Thats my story also
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I always go when there is one nearby.

Spends some time of my day, and if you dont go there would have been someone who was selling $100 FA ARs and M60s just because they want to get rid of them they will even pay for the taxstamp.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish they sold peanuts at more fun shows.

I love feeding the ATF agents. They're just so cute.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yah, I know what you mean, I bought all  my guns before most of this BS. Imagine buying a M1 Garand, with a bunch of 8 round clips, and 1000 rounds of 30-06 ammo and taking all this stuff home the same day. It was hard, but I did do it. Well, that was Kali-fornia 15 years ago. Actaully what they do at these gunshows today, is that you buy your gun from your favorite dealer/vendor(the regs covering these vendors is really daunting, I'm surprised that they actually bother to show up) and they have people who will store them for 10 days for you for a fee, and you pickup you toy at the end of 10 days, barring any riots(Kali-fornia barred people from picking up their guns during '92 So. Central L.A. riots even thought met the waiting period requirement, so word to the wise, get your toys before you need them).
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Fun shows are cheap entertainment.
Where else can you go and see every SEAL and Marine Sniper that ever lived!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The gun shows in MI suck.  Since I've started buying ammo off of the internet (and getting better prices), I don't have much reason to go anymore.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#17]
The last gun show I went to a Vender had a real nice 70  series 1911 on his table and a sign next to it saying  "Do Not Touch"  so I asked him if it was alright if I could pick it up and look at it, he looked at me kinda funny and said sure if your going to Buy it in a very smart ass way, I said why do you think I asked you if I could pick it up, I told him I was looking for one and was very interested in it  but now wouldnt buy this one from him if it was the last 70 series left in the USA , most venders and dealers at gun shows are decent people but there is getting to be more and more assholes like this guy was  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The last gun show I went to a Vender had a real nice 70  series 1911 on his table and a sign next to it saying  "Do Not Touch"  so I asked him if it was alright if I could pick it up and look at it, he looked at me kinda funny and said sure if your going to Buy it in a very smart ass way, I said why do you think I asked you if I could pick it up, I told him I was looking for one and was very interested in it  but now wouldnt buy this one from him if it was the last 70 series left in the USA , most venders and dealers at gun shows are decent people but there is getting to be more and more assholes like this guy was  

I see that sign on alot of stuff sometimes.

Always on the Class 3s and the Desert eagles
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I will be the first guy on the gun shows suck band wagon, and the last show I went to didn't even have any good deals on ammo. However, I have found that there are still good deals to be had at the guns shows, I have found good deals at the last few shows I have been to, jsut not always on what I was looking for. The last show I went to I found several sub hundred dollar S&W revolvers, great deals on a buttload of police turn in auto's, I am still kicking myself for not picking up a shotgun I saw a  year ago at a local show.

I think you should have gotten that pistol wrapped in electrical tape and take it to a match.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#21]
the best deal I got at a gun show was 8 NIW Parsons mags for $110 a year before the ban
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1 and their are also more "parts people" there and ever so often I find a deal.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see that sign on alot of stuff sometimes.

Always on the Class 3s and the Desert eagles

Same with our Charlotte, NC show.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got no beef with the gun shows in the DFW area. There are so many throughout the year that even with the doofuses you encounter, you can still enjoy a few that are pretty darn good. Plus the prices of knives, accessories, and ammo are fairly competitive. What's not to like?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I heard a dealer telling a guy that the ONLY differecne between the charter arms revaolver and a smith and wesson was that the charter used a coil spring and that was better.  

I only go to buy reloading supplies and cheap milsurp ammo.  Accosionally if I find a AR lower for a good price I will buy it ....

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#27]
He probable still has it, this happened over a year ago and I have since found another 70 series just as nice as his was and for alot less $$$ I love things that work out for the best

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will be the first guy on the gun shows suck band wagon, and the last show I went to didn't even have any good deals on ammo. However, I have found that there are still good deals to be had at the guns shows, I have found good deals at the last few shows I have been to, jsut not always on what I was looking for. The last show I went to I found several sub hundred dollar S&W revolvers, great deals on a buttload of police turn in auto's, I am still kicking myself for not picking up a shotgun I saw a  year ago at a local show.

I think you should have gotten that pistol wrapped in electrical tape and take it to a match.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I must be the odd one out. at my last gunshow there was a class 3 dealer there ENCOURAGING people to pick up and handle his wares, including his post sample stuff. it was great! Prices are usually great, there are actually alot of bargains and the dealers seem to be very knowledgable about their wares. Most of the people there are normal and you will rarely ever see any seal wannabes or rambo's.

There are several cops that roam the circuit and they are all friendly. It is not uncommon to have a couple of cops and some regular joes standing side by side looking at AR's and AK's and talking tactical gear to each other.

The local gunshow is where I feel at home. The men have guns, the women have guns, the boys and even the girls have guns. The cops have guns and are very friendly. Every's got guns! its like heaven!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#29]
My favorite experience with a dumbass dealer was at a show about 6 -8 months ago. I went with a friend who wanted a Para 12.45 LDA like mine. I paid $550 for mine, with some miles on it. It's been a great gun. Anyway, we find one at one of the tables and it is really nice - LNIB, may not even have been fired. Guy wants $620. I tell my buddy to offer him $600 cash, which IMO is a fair price (given that I am usually allergic to paying the asking price for used mdse).

You'd'a thought my friend had said "Can I bang you wife in the pooper? Will you lick me clean?" The guy was downright hostile. "NO! 620! NOT A PENNY LESS!"

I asked the dealer "You do realize that that's about a 3% discount, and he's paying cash, don't you?" He just stared. Big, fat bastard. Made me look slender and clean-cut. I said, "Well, you're gonna burn more than $20 worth of pork rinds hauling it back to the truck."

I tried to get my friend to go back at closing time on Saturday and offer $550; noon Sunday...500; 4 PM Sunday 425...but he wouldn't do it.

The punch line is that I've seen the dealer at 2 shows since then, one just about 2 weeks ago, and he still has the same gun with the same price tag sitting on his table. I hope they throw it in his coffin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top